Censeo Consulting Group

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Censeo Consulting Group in October 2010.

The interview process for college graduates includes behavioral rounds interspersed with consulting case interview rounds. Although you might not realize it, the company is judging you at the happy hours, dinners and coffee chats just as strongly as they are when you are performing your case interviews. Shine at one and not the other, and you won't make it to the next round. Take those coffee chats and happy hours very seriously. I would indicate a strong interest in the public/private sector and demonstrate a clear understanding of what Censeo does.

The case interviews are pretty classic. The company uses prepared cases and they usually take about an hour to go through each. Be prepared at final rounds to do 3-4 cases with Directors of the firm. The cases will usually involve tables/charts of numbers, so be prepared to analyze them.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to estimate the number of tractor trailers in the U.S.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Censeo Consulting Group

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Censeo Consulting Group in October 2011.

Censeo conducted its interviews during on campus recruiting at my university. To apply, I simply needed to submit a cover letter and resume through my university's job portal. After about two weeks, I received an email that invited me to informal coffee chats with two recruiters. We were told that fifty percent of those invited to the coffee chats would be granted a formal interview. The recruiters were very nice and answered a lot of my preliminary questions. A few days later, I learned that I had been granted an interview. The interview consisted of two parts that are standard to most consulting jobs: one part case-study and one part behavioral/skills based. The case interview was pretty straight forward. It did not involve any difficult math and was mainly about cutting costs. The second interview had two portions, The first half was behavioral so as long as you have a few stories to work off, it's really no big deal. My only struggles came with the second half of this second interview. It involved analyzing graphs and charts. Based on the question accompanying these items, I made the mistake of thinking I needed to make calculations. Instead the purpose of the exercise was merely to demonstrate your ability to pick on trends. Don't make the same mistake! I didn't receive an invitation to move on to the final, but if I had, it would have taken place at their office in DC.

One last thing to note: Even though I did not get the job, the recruiter was kind enough to respond to email regarding things to work on.

Interview Questions
    • Company A has had declining profits in the United States over the past decade. Brainstorm ways to reverse the company's fortunes.   Answer Question