Censeo Consulting Group

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Censeo Consulting Group.

Interview Details – They reached out to me via email fairly soon after I submitted my resume and cover letter online. They scheduled an interview and told to block out an hour of my time. They did not tell me what type of interview it would be (behavioral, case study. Luckily I prepared for both and because I had never done a case study before.

Interview Question – You need to decide if you should open up a novelty item cart in LaGuardia Airport, what is the potential marketshare, should you do it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Censeo Consulting Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process for college graduates includes behavioral rounds interspersed with consulting case interview rounds. Although you might not realize it, the company is judging you at the happy hours, dinners and coffee chats just as strongly as they are when you are performing your case interviews. Shine at one and not the other, and you won't make it to the next round. Take those coffee chats and happy hours very seriously. I would indicate a strong interest in the public/private sector and demonstrate a clear understanding of what Censeo does.

The case interviews are pretty classic. The company uses prepared cases and they usually take about an hour to go through each. Be prepared at final rounds to do 3-4 cases with Directors of the firm. The cases will usually involve tables/charts of numbers, so be prepared to analyze them.

Interview Question – They asked me to estimate the number of tractor trailers in the U.S.   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Censeo Consulting Group in April 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward case interviews focusing on strategic sourcing

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Censeo?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they are hiring aggressively, so you can ask for higher salary

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Censeo Consulting Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Censeo conducted its interviews during on campus recruiting at my university. To apply, I simply needed to submit a cover letter and resume through my university's job portal. After about two weeks, I received an email that invited me to informal coffee chats with two recruiters. We were told that fifty percent of those invited to the coffee chats would be granted a formal interview. The recruiters were very nice and answered a lot of my preliminary questions. A few days later, I learned that I had been granted an interview. The interview consisted of two parts that are standard to most consulting jobs: one part case-study and one part behavioral/skills based. The case interview was pretty straight forward. It did not involve any difficult math and was mainly about cutting costs. The second interview had two portions, The first half was behavioral so as long as you have a few stories to work off, it's really no big deal. My only struggles came with the second half of this second interview. It involved analyzing graphs and charts. Based on the question accompanying these items, I made the mistake of thinking I needed to make calculations. Instead the purpose of the exercise was merely to demonstrate your ability to pick on trends. Don't make the same mistake! I didn't receive an invitation to move on to the final, but if I had, it would have taken place at their office in DC.

One last thing to note: Even though I did not get the job, the recruiter was kind enough to respond to email regarding things to work on.

Interview Question – Company A has had declining profits in the United States over the past decade. Brainstorm ways to reverse the company's fortunes.   Answer Question

Worked for Censeo Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!