Centare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Centare

Agile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

The Interview consisted of a phone technical screening, as well as an in-person interview. The in-person interview had a general portion and a technical portion. The actual interview went great, they even followed up with me to discuss some options, and provide positive feedback. The outlook after speaking with them seemed quite positive. I was not offered a position, and I was not rejected as a candidate either... I was ensured I would be contacted with more information, and that was 3 weeks ago.. This did not seem to follow the candidate experience as described on the website. I am disappointed that they would not tell me that I am or am not not being considered for the position instead of leaving me hanging..

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Centare.

Interview

Simple phone screen. Really hard interview. Alot of digging in and follow-up questions, use of 5-whys to really see how deep you go. There were many times the interviewer would "play dumb" or ask questions that would purposefully lead you down an incorrect path, in order to see if you're just a yes-man or if you have an opinion and can back it up.

Interview Questions

• Why? You really have to know your stuff and be able to explain the Why's behind your choices/answers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a phone screening by their in-house recruiter, followed up by a two hour in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with two in-house recruiters asking some boilerplate personality questions. Then I met with a director-level employee, followed up by a team lead employee. The director had his general sales pitch of the company, but the most value came from myself asking him specific questions about company values and culture. Then there was a technical screening by a team lead. I was surprised at the simplicity and lack of depth compared to previous technical interviews I've participated in. Questions such as "describe the difference between an interface and abstract class" and "do you think unit tests are necessary?" — are ones I would expect a sophomore in college to be able to answer off the top of the head.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't surprised by any questions, Glassdoor had all their difficult/unexpected questions covered, and what I expected was what was asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They seemed not to want to negotiate much - standard salaries and vacation time based off number of years experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was with the talent recruiter. Then meet with the consulting manager and the development center manager. Most of in house development seem pretty young group in a cube farm. Music playing and nerf guns within arms reach. Looks like a fun place. They seem to hire people that are very passionate about their work and eager to be learning all the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Doesn't hurt to ask for more after specific milestones are met.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

I was referred to Centare by a network connection. The recruiter contacted me right away and set up the next steps during the first phone call. During the interview I met with the recruiter, completed a technical screen with one of the developers, and spoke with the president. It was overall fairly casual, and not one of those really structured interviews where they don't deviate from their questionnaire. From the initial contact to the offer stage took only 3 days, which is refreshing compared to other compared to other companies I've interviewed with. By the time I got an offer I felt very comfortable with the company and what they're all about. I accepted the offer and so far things are going very well!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an interface and abstract class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Centare (Brookfield, WI) in October 2009.

Interview

Recruiting was very kind and did a good personality screen before bringing me in. I spoke with up to 2 technical individuals for over 2 hours. The first was a very aggressive and cold interview without a lot of opportunity for questions. The second was more of an open forum interview with questions asked and more of the culture revealed. After leaving the interview I felt the individuals knew how to build software however it felt to be a chaotic process

Interview Questions

• How would you replace any component of any system at anytime   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Centare (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2008.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview followed by an appointment for a technical interview. The interview I was given was too short in length to fully answer the questions given to me and resulted in a follow up interview to determine if I was a good fit. The people are great to work with and very helpful and being a consulting firm the work culture would vary with the job. Overall it's a very good company to work for

Interview Questions

• Draw the last system you architected   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to much negotiation and I would suggest to always counter offer