Centene Case Manager II Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Centene (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by an job board and was screened by phone. After the screen, I was contacted later by Centene HR. I was scheduled for an interview the same week. I interviewed on Friday of the same week, and three hours later was again contacted by HR to fill out an online application and sign the background check consent form. Approximately five days later, I was contacted and extended a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Your current role as a Case Manger entails what job responsibilities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Centene

Case Manager II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Centene.

Interview

Interview and testing were easy. HR unwilling to negotiate salary which was below comparable positions in the area. Offered sign on bonus, but unwilling to negotiate salary at all.

Interview Questions

• No unusual questions. Most about relevant experiences.   1 Answer

Salary was below current market levels.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Centene (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Contacted via a "head-hunter." Telephone interview was pleasant, informative. Answered all questions. Upper-management provided the interview. (Not HR hack.) Interviewer was Informed about the position. 3-4 weeks later. In-person interview. 4 interviewers from various departments. Excited about future of company and upcoming jobs. Related a feeling of positive change. Under going background checks etc (one week so far).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a sudden policy change. What was your response and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Centene (Sacramento, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Standard questions...nothing that difficult

Negotiation

they were ready to pay waht I requested

Case Manager II Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Centene in February 2011.

Interview

i had interviewed with this company about 6-8 months prior to being asked to interview again for another position. The first time I interviewed, i got no feedback re: the outcome. I found out later that the company decided to fill the job with a social worker instead of a nurse. The second job I interviewd for was "positive" and I felt very good about the prospects. I was contacted by phone by the HR person who told me "the interview went VERY well " and asked for my references and two of them were contacted immediately. That was over a week ago and i have heard nothing re: job offer, decision to go with another candidate, etc. I find this process very discouraging and disappointing. I miss the good old days of business manners.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question