Centene

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centene.

I first received an email and then set up a phone interview with Alishea, she seems nice and asked mostly standard interview questions. After the phone interview they contacted me for an onsite interview but because I couldn't see myself working there I declined the interview. Looking back I should have at least gone to the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the exact question but it was along the lines of "What two words would you use to describe your work ethic?"   Answer Question

Case Manager II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Centene.

Interview and testing were easy. HR unwilling to negotiate salary which was below comparable positions in the area. Offered sign on bonus, but unwilling to negotiate salary at all.

Interview Questions
    • No unusual questions. Most about relevant experiences.   View Answer

Salary was below current market levels.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene in October 2014.

Easy process. They responded to my application in a timely manner. The HR rep was very nice. The interviewers were nice as well. They didn't seem all that prepared, because my interview was suppose to be an hour but it only lasted 15 minutes.

IT Management Position Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centene.

I was called to come in for an interview for one of several management positions. Rather than any phone interviews (which I would have expected) I was requested to come in to the office for a 4-hour discussion. I was not told which job I was interviewing for, so I assumed there may have been several available.

Once I got there, I got the distinct impression that no jobs were actually "open" yet, as all still had to go through the internal-hire process. This was disappointing to say the least.

Before you take a day off (the interviews can be as long as 6 hours) make sure you know what position you are interviewing for. I found it very frustrating that even during the interview it was unclear what (if any) positions were actively available and it was more of a meet-and-greet than a formal discussion of my capabilities.

I probably was not the right fit anyway, but I did not feel like Cerner gave my interview (and time off!) the seriousness I thought it warranted. It all felt rushed and poorly planned out, and most importantly took a precious day off that I could have used for a company more serious about filling positions.

Interview Questions
    • No terribly difficult questions, but several were focused around how to handle difficult bosses, timelines and conflicting priorities. Clearly the speed with which Centene is growing has made this a more pressing matter   View Answer

Care Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene in September 2014.

Two Phone interviews ( HR and Manager) and 2 face to face interviews (Manager and supervisor). Supervisor was very nice and through. Sounds like a great company to work for. hoping they hire me

Interview Questions
    • Motivational interviewing techniques   Answer Question

Quality Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Centene.

applied through university career center, submitted resume and cover letter. Receive an email from hr about scheduling an in person interview. interview was held at corporate headquarters in Clayton, mo. Two part interview, first was with hr and asked about my knowledge of company and what interested me about health care. Second part was with supervisor who i would end up working closely with, asked questions about my resume and background. relatively short interview, pretty cut and dry

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a friend or member of a team who   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Centene.

Was an internal hire, so no interview process required. From what I have heard the interview and hiring process is very long for new candidates. Background check is long and drawn out. You just have to stick to it and stay on top of the hiring manager.

Business Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene.

It was pretty straightforward with three interview stages. The HR called to understand what I did, why I wanted to move and salary expectations etc. Then I had another telephone interview with the Director who explained what he expects and asked about my background and what I did. Final stage was at the office where I spoke at length with the director and the team for about 2 hours with regards to expectations and what I can bring to the team. It was a good experience and nothing out of the pocket. If you have done similar duties, the interview wouldn't be difficult.

They offered the minimum I requested and did not give room for much negotiation.

Program Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Centene.

Fairly lengthy process, and very in depth. Interview was typical interview questions and very laid back. Hiring took about 6 weeks and they are very particular on what they want.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Centene in May 2014.

I applied for the position and it took about 2 weeks to be contacted. I had an initial phone screening and then a follow up phone interview with the director of the department. It would have been an in person but I was an out of state candidate. The interview went really well, in my opinion, and I was advised that I would be contacted for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult, only asked questions like what is your comfort level with Excel and SQL.   Answer Question