Centene

54 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Specialist Interview

Program Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Centene.

Interview Details – Fairly lengthy process, and very in depth. Interview was typical interview questions and very laid back. Hiring took about 6 weeks and they are very particular on what they want.

Interview Question – What is your area of expertise?   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Business Analyst II
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Centene in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and it took about 2 weeks to be contacted. I had an initial phone screening and then a follow up phone interview with the director of the department. It would have been an in person but I was an out of state candidate. The interview went really well, in my opinion, and I was advised that I would be contacted for a 2nd interview.

Interview Question – None were really difficult, only asked questions like what is your comfort level with Excel and SQL.   Answer Question

UM Manager Interview

UM Manager
Tacoma, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Centene in May 2012.

Interview Details – was hired before 'go live' after a few very comfortable interviews. I was placed in background and offered very quickly. They only negotiated a small amount on salary, but the offer was good enough to really not require much negotiation.

Interview Question – the interview was the standard : "Tell me about a time ..... " and "give an example of ...."   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Centene in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview very short and rushed

Interview Question – No questions the woman was very laid back and basically just carried a conversation about healthcare   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Centene.

Interview Details – templeate questions open ended asking you to describe your response to various management scenarios.

Interview Question – none. just dialogue your best responses to the open ended questions they ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR calls you with an offer. not much room for negotiating.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Centene.

Interview Details – I applied through my school career center and got an interview like a week later. Interview was all behavior based with no technical questions. For my interview, it was two people that asks you questions from their department and the last person to ask you questions, in a different room, is the HR person. The only down part is it takes weeks for them to follow up with you, so you will have to check up with HR person or the company's recruiter to make sure they didn't just drop you. Just be prepared for lots of behavior based questions.

Interview Question – Described a time where you had a team conflict and how did you resolve it?
Tell me about yourself?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Case Manager II Interview

Case Manager II
Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Centene in September 2013.

Interview Details – Standard questions...nothing that difficult

Negotiation Details – they were ready to pay waht I requested

Member Service Representative Interview

Member Service Representative
Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Centene in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied back in the middle of January on their corporate website. I received a call from an internal recruiter about a month later so around the middle of February who set up a face to face interview for a week later. The day of the interview i went to their Sunrise office and from what i noticed the office looks very professional and it seemed very quiet and organized. I had your basic interview face to face with the hiring manager which she did advise me that Centene Corporation is a great company to work for because of their benefits and advancement opportunities and from there she asked the regular interview questions. The hiring manager did advise me that their background checks take anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks which is not a surprise from all the other reviews I have read from other employees and applicants. The face to face interview took about 10 minutes to complete which is funny because of how long it took to get the initial face to face interview. As of yet I have not heard anything back from anyone and its going to be 4 weeks since the face to face interview took place.

Interview Question – If you have to deal with an irate member how would you calm he/she down and diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Compliance Coordinator
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Centene in October 2013.

Interview Details – They were very slow to respond in all aspects of the application and interview process. I had sent my application in several weeks before I was called to set up an interview. The interview was then set for several weeks after the phone call. After the interview it took another few weeks for them to finally respond. It seemed very unorganized.

Interview Question – I don't think any question was too difficult. It was more an odd interview because they asked every generic interview question and offered very little information about the position.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Centene.

Interview Details – 6 week process of hire. Interviewed. 2nd interview within a week or so. No contact, had to follow up. Job offered at six week mark from first interview.

Interview Question – Please give an example when your manager was not available and a crucial business decision was needing to be made with a client that was considered urgent ~ How did you handle the situation. What steps did you take in handling the urgent request?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Left message for HR to return call. Received call within 24-48 hours. Job offered. Emailed salary letter, etc. Start date confirmed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Centene

Worked for Centene? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centene interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by Centene employees and interview candidates.