Centene

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.6

Case Manager I, Concurrent Review Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene.

Great communication throughout the process. Very good at keeping me informed of the process. The interview was unusual in that I was told about the job and not asked the usual "Tell me about a time when..." questions. But overall the person I interviewed with was friendly and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Was pretty much just told the job duties and about the company. I was also asked if I had questions about the job.   Answer Question
    Very fast and willing to negotiate.

IT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Centene.

3 internships in one day. All behavioral, no technical questions. met with a business analyst, an HR person, and the head of the IT department. Was asked the same question in all 3 interviews, and then slightly different questions from each besides that. everyone was very pleasant and they definitely are looking for good candidates.

Interview Questions
    they have a set internship salary

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centene.

I first received an email and then set up a phone interview with Alishea, she seems nice and asked mostly standard interview questions. After the phone interview they contacted me for an onsite interview but because I couldn't see myself working there I declined the interview. Looking back I should have at least gone to the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the exact question but it was along the lines of "What two words would you use to describe your work ethic?"   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Centene in November 2014.

I was contacted via phone by Human resources I missed the call and she left a voicemail and it took me about a week and a half to get back in contact with her. After the contact I got set up for interview about a week later. The interview was downtown and I interviewed with two people one man one woman interview went really well. About two hours after the interview I received an email wanting to do a background check on jobs, education, salary history and I got a email contact to a human resources specialist to contact whenever I felt like it. You have to be really patient because the background check takes about 3 weeks but you can contact your human resources specialist with any questions. After my constant contactIng lol I finally got a phone call with the offer. My start date was about a month and a half from the date of the offer. Word to the wise once again be patient if you get a background check you got the job. The office downtown on upper wacker is beautyful I mean really pretty.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that's not on the resume   Answer Question
    Definitely did not have to negotiate. The salary was beyond what I thought I was going to get

Case Manager II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Centene.

Interview and testing were easy. HR unwilling to negotiate salary which was below comparable positions in the area. Offered sign on bonus, but unwilling to negotiate salary at all.

Interview Questions
    • No unusual questions. Most about relevant experiences.   View Answer

Salary was below current market levels.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene in October 2014.

Easy process. They responded to my application in a timely manner. The HR rep was very nice. The interviewers were nice as well. They didn't seem all that prepared, because my interview was suppose to be an hour but it only lasted 15 minutes.

Summer Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centene in October 2014.

There is a multiple step interview process. My first interview was over the phone. Questions they asked were basically in regards to your skill set and interests. One specific question that I was asked was what do you expect to get out of an internship at Centene?

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to discuss your skills. Another question I was asked was whether or not I knew how to use pivot tables.   Answer Question

IT Management Position Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centene.

I was called to come in for an interview for one of several management positions. Rather than any phone interviews (which I would have expected) I was requested to come in to the office for a 4-hour discussion. I was not told which job I was interviewing for, so I assumed there may have been several available.

Once I got there, I got the distinct impression that no jobs were actually "open" yet, as all still had to go through the internal-hire process. This was disappointing to say the least.

Before you take a day off (the interviews can be as long as 6 hours) make sure you know what position you are interviewing for. I found it very frustrating that even during the interview it was unclear what (if any) positions were actively available and it was more of a meet-and-greet than a formal discussion of my capabilities.

I probably was not the right fit anyway, but I did not feel like Cerner gave my interview (and time off!) the seriousness I thought it warranted. It all felt rushed and poorly planned out, and most importantly took a precious day off that I could have used for a company more serious about filling positions.

Interview Questions
    • No terribly difficult questions, but several were focused around how to handle difficult bosses, timelines and conflicting priorities. Clearly the speed with which Centene is growing has made this a more pressing matter   View Answer

Care Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene in September 2014.

Two Phone interviews ( HR and Manager) and 2 face to face interviews (Manager and supervisor). Supervisor was very nice and through. Sounds like a great company to work for. hoping they hire me

Interview Questions
    • Motivational interviewing techniques   Answer Question

Quality Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Centene.

applied through university career center, submitted resume and cover letter. Receive an email from hr about scheduling an in person interview. interview was held at corporate headquarters in Clayton, mo. Two part interview, first was with hr and asked about my knowledge of company and what interested me about health care. Second part was with supervisor who i would end up working closely with, asked questions about my resume and background. relatively short interview, pretty cut and dry

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a friend or member of a team who   Answer Question