Centene

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.6

Business Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene.

It was pretty straightforward with three interview stages. The HR called to understand what I did, why I wanted to move and salary expectations etc. Then I had another telephone interview with the Director who explained what he expects and asked about my background and what I did. Final stage was at the office where I spoke at length with the director and the team for about 2 hours with regards to expectations and what I can bring to the team. It was a good experience and nothing out of the pocket. If you have done similar duties, the interview wouldn't be difficult.

They offered the minimum I requested and did not give room for much negotiation.

Program Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Centene.

Fairly lengthy process, and very in depth. Interview was typical interview questions and very laid back. Hiring took about 6 weeks and they are very particular on what they want.

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Centene in May 2014.

I applied for the position and it took about 2 weeks to be contacted. I had an initial phone screening and then a follow up phone interview with the director of the department. It would have been an in person but I was an out of state candidate. The interview went really well, in my opinion, and I was advised that I would be contacted for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult, only asked questions like what is your comfort level with Excel and SQL.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene in May 2014.

Applied online and received a call about 3 weeks later for a phone interview. I was called the first time, HR person left a message, and returned the call 3 times and left 3 messages before speaking with the person that called me originally.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions, interviewer didn't seem very knowledgeable herself, and not very professional.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centene.

templeate questions open ended asking you to describe your response to various management scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • none. just dialogue your best responses to the open ended questions they ask.   Answer Question
    HR calls you with an offer. not much room for negotiating.

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Centene.

I applied through my school career center and got an interview like a week later. Interview was all behavior based with no technical questions. For my interview, it was two people that asks you questions from their department and the last person to ask you questions, in a different room, is the HR person. The only down part is it takes weeks for them to follow up with you, so you will have to check up with HR person or the company's recruiter to make sure they didn't just drop you. Just be prepared for lots of behavior based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Described a time where you had a team conflict and how did you resolve it?
      Tell me about yourself?

Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Centene in April 2014.

I applied online and three weeks later was called by a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen went well. He/she asked some basic questions regarding compensation and experience. I was submitted to the hiring manager and was scheduled for a video conference interview. That interview consisted of scripted behavioral questions which were awkward and repetitive. They seemed interested and encouraged me to follow up. I followed up with the recruiter her responsiveness was shoddy. I later followed up with other contacts with whom I had some rapport. Again I was not given any definitive timeline or rejection. As a courtesy to my going through two interviews including a very long interrogatory regarding my experience I expected better follow-up and more responsiveness to candidates (including rejections). I would probably not apply for any other openings with Centene or any affiliates as the level of professionalism was mediocre at best giving a good indication that probably working there would be a little chaotic.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Centene.

6 week process of hire. Interviewed. 2nd interview within a week or so. No contact, had to follow up. Job offered at six week mark from first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example when your manager was not available and a crucial business decision was needing to be made with a client that was considered urgent ~ How did you handle the situation. What steps did you take in handling the urgent request?   Answer Question
    Left message for HR to return call. Received call within 24-48 hours. Job offered. Emailed salary letter, etc. Start date confirmed.

Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Centene.

Conversational about the position and my experience. Began with HR screening, interview with leadership, then behavioral interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • HR asks 3 standard tell me about a time behavioral questions that were easy to answer.   Answer Question

Liaison Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Centene.

Initial interview was by phone. Second interview was face to face.

No Negotiation