Centene Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Centene in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and get a call back from HR with in a week. Phone screening from HR: 10 to 15 minutes Phone Interview with Data Analysis Manager: 30 minutes. Tell me about your Professional and technical background questions. First interview after a week from phone interview, 3 hours long with 4 Panels 6 person. Questions are mostly related to my professional background and examples of situations. What did you do? What was the outcome? and What did you learn? Everybody asked almost the same type of questions. Since I am in the same industry and doing similar job I don't have problem answering any questions. Got a call for second interview after a week. Second interview was not the second phase of the first interview but with different department. When they called me for the second interview I asked them about the feedback from first interview and clearly told them I won't come if the feedback from first interview is negative because I don't want to spend almost half a day answering same questions again and again. I told HR person I hope the mangers who are interviewing me already get the feedback from first panel of the mangers and he told me they already consulted with each other and really liked your technical and professional skills. Second interview was 2 hour long and was with 2 panel of managers 5 person. Questions were same as the first interview. On both the interview they told me they have same position available for several department and put me where ever they think I am fit for. They clearly told me I have to work after hours and weekends every month and if I am ok with that. It seems like some of them are warning me rather than interviewing me. They spend a good amount of time explaining me about how frustrating this job can be sometimes. Don't expect a call back or reply back of your email after interview. After waiting for 3 weeks from first interview and 2 weeks from second interview i emailed them and called them and left the messages didn't hear back from them. Finally they picked the phone and told me...well if we want to move along with somebody we won't take a long time. They did not even tell me clearly that they move along with other candidate. My suggestion to HR, please at least call those candidates who were rejected and be clear with them.

Case Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Centene (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by an job board and was screened by phone. After the screen, I was contacted later by Centene HR. I was scheduled for an interview the same week. I interviewed on Friday of the same week, and three hours later was again contacted by HR to fill out an online application and sign the background check consent form. Approximately five days later, I was contacted and extended a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Your current role as a Case Manger entails what job responsibilities?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Centene (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I have interviewed twice. One in 2013 and lastly 2015 for the same position. In both of my experiences I`ve been turned away because of lacking USA experience. I`m a fairly qualified applicant that worked 10+ years in a well known global company. If you are a starter in USA, don`t waste your time with this company. Diversity is the biggest lie they are telling.

Interview Questions

• You have extensive experience overseas. Have you ever worked in USA?   Answer Question

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Centene (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

The staff was pleasant and the interview was well organized. The job description was changed after the The staff was pleasant and the interview was well organized. The job description was changed before the interview and nobody brought that to my attention during the interview. In that case I wasted two days traveling and interviewing which also cost me time off from work.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work in Baton Rouge?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Centene (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews with position specific experience based questions. A really great company and terrific people working there. I liked every person I met. After the interview, the home office contacted me and indicated they were doing a background check through a third party, who emailed me asking for my W-2's. However, my references were not contacted and a long time Passed with no updates. I got another offer which I accepted, but would have been equally thrilled to have been with Centene.

Interview Questions

• How to get results from people who don't report to you.   1 Answer

I was interviewing with more than one employer, and the other employer was faster and more interactive post interview. It was a really hard decision and I can't say enough good about the people I met at Buckeye in Columbus

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Centene in March 2015.

Interview

First interview went well. The IT manager was attentive and felt relaxed. 2nd rounds interviews, some managers and directors were not very attentive. One was doodling on the interview packet. Multiple interviews in a row for 2nd round made it stressful.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to ask a manager to make changes and how did you proceed to do it?   Answer Question

QI Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Centene (Bedford, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

Starts with a temp agency, then went to the QI manager. The interview then went and talked to the QOC rep and the Appeals/Complaints Coordinator. The interview included going over my personality styles and how they would work with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• What skills I possessed to help with QI improvements for members   1 Answer

Credentialing Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Centene (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a call for an interview the next day after applying. I was scheduled to interview the following week. At the interview, the interviewer just goes over your resume and wants to talk about work history. The interview was very causual. The interviewer has a score sheet with about 4 questions. I'm still waiting to hear something back.

Interview Questions

• How would your skills be a great fit for the position and what could you bring to the team? Describe your computer skills? Tell me a time you did not agree with the direction of leadership? How did you respond? Tell me a time you were given an assignment from a supervisor in which you were not able to meet?   Answer Question

Provider Data Management, Credentials Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Centene (Chesterfield, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 managers, as to minimize the # of interviews. All 3 had different styles of communication and I felt represented a good make up of the department. It lasted about 45 min, some of the usual questions were asked (describe a challenge you overcame, why would you be a good fit for this position), and some new questions from HR were asked(describe a situation where you had an idea, who did you share it with and why, and what was the outcome). The Mgrs were fairly upfront about the position, explaining a lot of flexibility is needed, LOTS of info to remember, training is long (5 wks), etc. Unfortunately after a disagreement with my Recruiter I was not able to proceed and accept the offer that was made to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at your last job where you were faced with a challenge, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

After letting my Recruiter know i would accept the offer, he tried to pressure me into a quick start date without justification or proof that Centene actually needed me to start on that date. I was never given a start date for the training class, he eventually stopped responding to me and i was not able to actually accept the offer, or even get the offer letter.

Applications Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

I can't exactly comment on the interview process. After I was submitted to Centene by a recruiter, I received a series of emails informing me that my application was moving through some sort of hiring pipeline. Today, I received the news that I was considered a good fit and there was no further feedback. 1. The process was impersonal and off-putting. 2. It would have been nice to get some feedback on the rejection, but since I never spoke to a human being, there wasn't any. I suspect it is because I'm overqualified. 3. The final rejection arrived a week after I had already accepted another position. I had gotten four excellent offers at that point and I felt I took my time before making a decision. If Centene wants to hire top talent, they need to realize that it's not going to stay on the market that long. I would be wary of hiring anyone who's prospect are so thin that they are on the market long enough to score an actual interview with Centene.