Centene Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

There were two, thirty minute interviews- first with HR and then with a member of the IT team. both had questions prepared and asked me to answer with work experiences that were included on my resume- which they both had printed.

Interview Questions

• name two of your superheros   Answer Question
    • describe an experience with a superior that was difficult in some way and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

1/2 day multiple back to back panel interviews. The HR person was extremely helpful and gracious. The next 3 interviews were very cordial. Had a very honest and open discussion with all of them. I thought it went well, but, never heard from them again after indicating they would be getting back to me the following Monday. Interview was on a Monday. Emails to the HR contact (which they indicated to do during the interview) went unanswered.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult - all were very standard interview questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene in October 2014.

Interview

Easy process. They responded to my application in a timely manner. The HR rep was very nice. The interviewers were nice as well. They didn't seem all that prepared, because my interview was suppose to be an hour but it only lasted 15 minutes.

Summer Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centene (Clayton, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

There is a multiple step interview process. My first interview was over the phone. Questions they asked were basically in regards to your skill set and interests. One specific question that I was asked was what do you expect to get out of an internship at Centene?

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss your skills. Another question I was asked was whether or not I knew how to use pivot tables.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centene.

Interview

I was called to come in for an interview for one of several management positions. Rather than any phone interviews (which I would have expected) I was requested to come in to the office for a 4-hour discussion. I was not told which job I was interviewing for, so I assumed there may have been several available.

Once I got there, I got the distinct impression that no jobs were actually "open" yet, as all still had to go through the internal-hire process. This was disappointing to say the least.

Before you take a day off (the interviews can be as long as 6 hours) make sure you know what position you are interviewing for. I found it very frustrating that even during the interview it was unclear what (if any) positions were actively available and it was more of a meet-and-greet than a formal discussion of my capabilities.

I probably was not the right fit anyway, but I did not feel like Cerner gave my interview (and time off!) the seriousness I thought it warranted. It all felt rushed and poorly planned out, and most importantly took a precious day off that I could have used for a company more serious about filling positions.

Interview Questions

• No terribly difficult questions, but several were focused around how to handle difficult bosses, timelines and conflicting priorities. Clearly the speed with which Centene is growing has made this a more pressing matter   1 Answer

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene in September 2014.

Interview

Two Phone interviews ( HR and Manager) and 2 face to face interviews (Manager and supervisor). Supervisor was very nice and through. Sounds like a great company to work for. hoping they hire me

Interview Questions

• Motivational interviewing techniques   Answer Question

Prior Authorization Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Centene (Sunrise, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Less than 10 minutes, could not tell who was in charge, they lied in the interview, they bad mouth the recruiting company when one thing was told by the recruiter and they told me something else. Felt trapped as I had given up my other job already. The recruiter did not know what he/she was doing as the job qualifications and hours were not the same when the actual interview occurred.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use True Care   1 Answer

Quality Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

applied through university career center, submitted resume and cover letter. Receive an email from hr about scheduling an in person interview. interview was held at corporate headquarters in Clayton, mo. Two part interview, first was with hr and asked about my knowledge of company and what interested me about health care. Second part was with supervisor who i would end up working closely with, asked questions about my resume and background. relatively short interview, pretty cut and dry

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a friend or member of a team who   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Centene (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Was an internal hire, so no interview process required. From what I have heard the interview and hiring process is very long for new candidates. Background check is long and drawn out. You just have to stick to it and stay on top of the hiring manager.

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward with three interview stages. The HR called to understand what I did, why I wanted to move and salary expectations etc. Then I had another telephone interview with the Director who explained what he expects and asked about my background and what I did. Final stage was at the office where I spoke at length with the director and the team for about 2 hours with regards to expectations and what I can bring to the team. It was a good experience and nothing out of the pocket. If you have done similar duties, the interview wouldn't be difficult.

Negotiation

They offered the minimum I requested and did not give room for much negotiation.