Centene Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.6

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Centene in April 2014.

I applied online and three weeks later was called by a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen went well. He/she asked some basic questions regarding compensation and experience. I was submitted to the hiring manager and was scheduled for a video conference interview. That interview consisted of scripted behavioral questions which were awkward and repetitive. They seemed interested and encouraged me to follow up. I followed up with the recruiter her responsiveness was shoddy. I later followed up with other contacts with whom I had some rapport. Again I was not given any definitive timeline or rejection. As a courtesy to my going through two interviews including a very long interrogatory regarding my experience I expected better follow-up and more responsiveness to candidates (including rejections). I would probably not apply for any other openings with Centene or any affiliates as the level of professionalism was mediocre at best giving a good indication that probably working there would be a little chaotic.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Centene.

6 week process of hire. Interviewed. 2nd interview within a week or so. No contact, had to follow up. Job offered at six week mark from first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example when your manager was not available and a crucial business decision was needing to be made with a client that was considered urgent ~ How did you handle the situation. What steps did you take in handling the urgent request?   Answer Question
    Left message for HR to return call. Received call within 24-48 hours. Job offered. Emailed salary letter, etc. Start date confirmed.

Manager Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Centene.

Conversational about the position and my experience. Began with HR screening, interview with leadership, then behavioral interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • HR asks 3 standard tell me about a time behavioral questions that were easy to answer.   Answer Question

Liaison Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Centene.

Initial interview was by phone. Second interview was face to face.

No Negotiation

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Centene in February 2014.

Interview very short and rushed

Interview Questions
    • No questions the woman was very laid back and basically just carried a conversation about healthcare   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Centene in February 2014.

I was called by the HR assistant to set a face to face interview. I met with 2 supervisors. They were both nice. I was told during the interview that I did not have a phone screening before meeting with them because they saw from my experience that I am more than qualified for that position and a few other open positions that they have. I had a really good feeling about the interview..... untill I didnt hear back from them. I called the HR assistant regarding any feedback. No call back. I emailed them requesting feedback. No response.

Interview Questions
    • There were only 3 behavioral questions that I was told are standard questions. Nothing hard.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Centene in February 2014.

Applied back in the middle of January on their corporate website. I received a call from an internal recruiter about a month later so around the middle of February who set up a face to face interview for a week later. The day of the interview i went to their Sunrise office and from what i noticed the office looks very professional and it seemed very quiet and organized. I had your basic interview face to face with the hiring manager which she did advise me that Centene Corporation is a great company to work for because of their benefits and advancement opportunities and from there she asked the regular interview questions. The hiring manager did advise me that their background checks take anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks which is not a surprise from all the other reviews I have read from other employees and applicants. The face to face interview took about 10 minutes to complete which is funny because of how long it took to get the initial face to face interview. As of yet I have not heard anything back from anyone and its going to be 4 weeks since the face to face interview took place.

Interview Questions
    • If you have to deal with an irate member how would you calm he/she down and diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Telephonic Triage Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Centene.

Healthcare scouts reached out to me and sent me the applications and test as well as the drug test paper. I had to do a phone interview and then a spanish phone test.

Interview Questions
    • The hearing computer test to make sure you are able to concentrate on the callers questions and not the background noise.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clayton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Centene.

The worst. Plan on spending at least 4 hours answering "what would you do" questions,

Interview Questions
    • All of them were difficult. They are all about: "Tell me a time when (something) happened, and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Director Sales and Marketing Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Centene.

Very weird. I received a call from an internal recruiter. I missed the called and they asked that I call back to schedule a phone interview. Well, I attempted to return a call - 2x - and the recruiter never responded back.

Interview Questions
    • Please call us back to schedule a phone screening.   View Answer