Centene

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Centene in May 2013.

Be patient as there are a lot of applicants. Submission of application is fairly standard online submission. There are roughly 3 rounds of interviews and this can take a few weeks to complete. You will meet with HR during the first round and 2nd round. You will then meet with your potential supervisor and team members during the 3rd round. You are not provided a tour of the facilities until you have been made an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a situation in which you had a project that was currently in process but then your client added a new task which effected the overall timeline of the project. How did you handle this change and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Centene

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Centene in December 2011.

Phone screen by HR personnel followed by initial interview. Behavioral interviews are encouraged, and a template is distributed. Beware that if the hiring manager asks other team members to interview you, as is often the case, you may answer the same questions several times, as everyone works from the same template. You will be asked to describe situations that show your ability to be flexible, work well with others, take initiative, and troubleshoot. You will also be asked to describe your technical expertise.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where you are expected to meet deadlines, yet one particular member of the project team refuses to complete his/her action item. What steps would you take to get that line item on your project plan checked off?   View Answer
    For me, this was an internal promotion, so there was little room for negotiation. I knew that I was transferring within my current job grade. When I first interviewed for the company, I was asked to disclose my current salary, and they beat it by 3 percent.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Centene in May 2011.

I was hired as a temp initially after completing a phone interview. I was then offered a permanent position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with company policy. What did you do?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I simply accepted the offer.