Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Centene
- Case Manager II (5)
- Customer Service Representative (5)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Intern (4)
- Project Manager (4)
- Compliance Analyst (3)
- Case Manager (3)
- Manager (3)
- Program Specialist (2)
- Case Manager I, Concurrent Review (2)
- Case Manager I (2)
- IT (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Business Analyst II (2)
- Business Analyst Intern (1)
- RN Case Manager (1)
- IT Consultant (1)
- Health Coach (1)
- Director (1)
- Financial Analyst II (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Data Analyst III (1)
- Compliance Coordinator (1)
- Network Engineer (1)
- Director Sales and Marketing (1)
- Provider Relations Representative (1)
- Referral Specialist (1)
- Quality Improvement (1)
Project Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at Centene (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.
Two separate interviews with position specific experience based questions. A really great company and terrific people working there. I liked every person I met. After the interview, the home office contacted me and indicated they were doing a background check through a third party, who emailed me asking for my W-2's. However, my references were not contacted and a long time Passed with no updates. I got another offer which I accepted, but would have been equally thrilled to have been with Centene.
- How to get results from people who don't report to you. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
I was interviewing with more than one employer, and the other employer was faster and more interactive post interview. It was a really hard decision and I can't say enough good about the people I met at Buckeye in Columbus
Other Interview Reviews for Centene
Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Centene (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2013.
Be patient as there are a lot of applicants. Submission of application is fairly standard online submission. There are roughly 3 rounds of interviews and this can take a few weeks to complete. You will meet with HR during the first round and 2nd round. You will then meet with your potential supervisor and team members during the 3rd round. You are not provided a tour of the facilities until you have been made an offer.
- Tell me about a situation in which you had a project that was currently in process but then your client added a new task which effected the overall timeline of the project. How did you handle this change and what was the outcome? Answer Question
Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Centene (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2011.
Phone screen by HR personnel followed by initial interview. Behavioral interviews are encouraged, and a template is distributed. Beware that if the hiring manager asks other team members to interview you, as is often the case, you may answer the same questions several times, as everyone works from the same template. You will be asked to describe situations that show your ability to be flexible, work well with others, take initiative, and troubleshoot. You will also be asked to describe your technical expertise.
- How would you handle a situation where you are expected to meet deadlines, yet one particular member of the project team refuses to complete his/her action item. What steps would you take to get that line item on your project plan checked off? 1 Answer
For me, this was an internal promotion, so there was little room for negotiation. I knew that I was transferring within my current job grade. When I first interviewed for the company, I was asked to disclose my current salary, and they beat it by 3 percent.
Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Centene in May 2011.
I was hired as a temp initially after completing a phone interview. I was then offered a permanent position.
- Describe a time when you disagreed with company policy. What did you do? Answer Question
I did not negotiate. I simply accepted the offer.