Centene

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Centene in May 2013.

Interview Details – Be patient as there are a lot of applicants. Submission of application is fairly standard online submission. There are roughly 3 rounds of interviews and this can take a few weeks to complete. You will meet with HR during the first round and 2nd round. You will then meet with your potential supervisor and team members during the 3rd round. You are not provided a tour of the facilities until you have been made an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation in which you had a project that was currently in process but then your client added a new task which effected the overall timeline of the project. How did you handle this change and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Centene in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen by HR personnel followed by initial interview. Behavioral interviews are encouraged, and a template is distributed. Beware that if the hiring manager asks other team members to interview you, as is often the case, you may answer the same questions several times, as everyone works from the same template. You will be asked to describe situations that show your ability to be flexible, work well with others, take initiative, and troubleshoot. You will also be asked to describe your technical expertise.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where you are expected to meet deadlines, yet one particular member of the project team refuses to complete his/her action item. What steps would you take to get that line item on your project plan checked off?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – For me, this was an internal promotion, so there was little room for negotiation. I knew that I was transferring within my current job grade. When I first interviewed for the company, I was asked to disclose my current salary, and they beat it by 3 percent.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Centene in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired as a temp initially after completing a phone interview. I was then offered a permanent position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you disagreed with company policy. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I simply accepted the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Centene

Worked for Centene? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centene Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Centene employees and interview candidates.