Centene

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Consultant Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Centene in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very detailed and informative interview.

Interview Question – Most challenging issue in managing projects.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Centene in May 2013.

Interview Details – Be patient as there are a lot of applicants. Submission of application is fairly standard online submission. There are roughly 3 rounds of interviews and this can take a few weeks to complete. You will meet with HR during the first round and 2nd round. You will then meet with your potential supervisor and team members during the 3rd round. You are not provided a tour of the facilities until you have been made an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation in which you had a project that was currently in process but then your client added a new task which effected the overall timeline of the project. How did you handle this change and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Centene in October 2012.

Interview Details – Long lead time- a very typical 'throw resume in a black hole and wait' experience. Interview process is focused on behavioral interview (e.g. talk about a time when...). Through the behavioral interview, similar questions were asked by 3 groups of people. These groups included direct management, potential peers, sr. management, and a HR representative.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty much in line with what one would expect from a standard corporate interview - no curve-balls here.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II
Clayton, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Centene.

Interview Details – The worst. Plan on spending at least 4 hours answering "what would you do" questions,

Interview Question – All of them were difficult. They are all about: "Tell me a time when (something) happened, and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Centene in May 2012.

Interview Details – They have you come in and meet HR, then I met with the Director (my hiring supervisor) and then a subsequent meeting with my VP.They use the same booklet of questions on everyone, just different questions are asked. Those are "Behavioral based" interviewing questions. You can BS your way through those. Quite frankly most of the time, they just pertain to your work ethic, cohesiveness, etc. If you generally don't have a problem with any of those, you won't have any problems with those questions.

Interview Question – Hypothetical questions: What would you do if???   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR was unreasonable in my salary. They had to keep going back with the hiring manager and kept arguing about what I currently made. Ridiculous!

Intern Interview

Intern
Clayton, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Centene in January 2013.

Interview Details – Standard hiring and interview process. Applied online to a pretty generic posting on their website seeking MBA and/or MHA students for summer internships. I'm in the middle of both programs, so I applied. I was invited to interview with their Process Improvement department, which was in the middle of a major expansion (from 3 to 10 people). I was emailed by an in-house recruiter to schedule an on-site interview. Once there, I met with two people in the department, who went over my resume and asked me about my qualifications and past experiences. They asked several questions off a HR interview worksheet, which was a little funny. The department reps seemed to really like me, and let me know that some of the questions weren't very important to the position.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult, some were related to the position, others weren't. Things like "Tell me about a project you managed that failed to meet expectations."   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was offered an internship at my top-pick organization for the summer.

Analyst Interview

Saint Louis, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at Centene in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed by the hiring manager who was very friendly, get asked past related expriences, the interview lasted about 20 minutes. I blew it myself...

Interview Question – What's your career goal?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Centene in March 2010.

Interview Details – I attended a telephonic screening with VP of HR. This lasted about 40 minutes where I was provided details about my experience, background and reviewed my resume. The next week I was flown out for the day in St Louis to interview face to face with the SVP, Operations, the VP of HR and a VP of Claims. Each interview was about an hour. The HR and Claims VPs used an interview guide to ask me behavioral questions. The SVP shared with me about the company and I provided details about my experience and background. Everyone was very nice. The following week, I was asked to fly back out with my husband overnight to do a tour of the city with the a relocation specialist and to do another round of interviews with the remaining VPs (3 of them) the SVP of HR and lunch with the SVP of Operations. It was full day of interviews, each about an hour in length, reviewing similar behavioral questions from the interview guide and sharing my background. Overall, everyone was pleasant it was a strong leadership team, but not a difficult interview process, just tedious meeting with so many people. In addition, my interview itinerary changed and they continued to add people for me to meet with that day. I was flexible, but it puts you on edge.

Interview Questions

• (Not difficult, but asked by every interviewer) What do you know about our company and why are you interested in working at Centene?   View Answer
  • Tell about a time you did not get along with another employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered 2 other jobs in my local area that were comparable.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Centene? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centene interview questions and advice in St. Louis, MO. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Centene employees and interview candidates.