Centene

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Applications Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Centene in February 2015.

I can't exactly comment on the interview process. After I was submitted to Centene by a recruiter, I received a series of emails informing me that my application was moving through some sort of hiring pipeline. Today, I received the news that I was considered a good fit and there was no further feedback.

1. The process was impersonal and off-putting.

2. It would have been nice to get some feedback on the rejection, but since I never spoke to a human being, there wasn't any. I suspect it is because I'm overqualified.

3. The final rejection arrived a week after I had already accepted another position. I had gotten four excellent offers at that point and I felt I took my time before making a decision. If Centene wants to hire top talent, they need to realize that it's not going to stay on the market that long. I would be wary of hiring anyone who's prospect are so thin that they are on the market long enough to score an actual interview with Centene.

Summer Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centene in October 2014.

There is a multiple step interview process. My first interview was over the phone. Questions they asked were basically in regards to your skill set and interests. One specific question that I was asked was what do you expect to get out of an internship at Centene?

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to discuss your skills. Another question I was asked was whether or not I knew how to use pivot tables.   Answer Question

Quality Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Centene.

applied through university career center, submitted resume and cover letter. Receive an email from hr about scheduling an in person interview. interview was held at corporate headquarters in Clayton, mo. Two part interview, first was with hr and asked about my knowledge of company and what interested me about health care. Second part was with supervisor who i would end up working closely with, asked questions about my resume and background. relatively short interview, pretty cut and dry

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a friend or member of a team who   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centene in May 2014.

Applied online and received a call about 3 weeks later for a phone interview. I was called the first time, HR person left a message, and returned the call 3 times and left 3 messages before speaking with the person that called me originally.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions, interviewer didn't seem very knowledgeable herself, and not very professional.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Centene.

The worst. Plan on spending at least 4 hours answering "what would you do" questions,

Interview Questions
    • All of them were difficult. They are all about: "Tell me a time when (something) happened, and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Centene in May 2013.

Be patient as there are a lot of applicants. Submission of application is fairly standard online submission. There are roughly 3 rounds of interviews and this can take a few weeks to complete. You will meet with HR during the first round and 2nd round. You will then meet with your potential supervisor and team members during the 3rd round. You are not provided a tour of the facilities until you have been made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation in which you had a project that was currently in process but then your client added a new task which effected the overall timeline of the project. How did you handle this change and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Centene in May 2013.

Very detailed and informative interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging issue in managing projects.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Centene in January 2013.

Standard hiring and interview process. Applied online to a pretty generic posting on their website seeking MBA and/or MHA students for summer internships. I'm in the middle of both programs, so I applied. I was invited to interview with their Process Improvement department, which was in the middle of a major expansion (from 3 to 10 people). I was emailed by an in-house recruiter to schedule an on-site interview. Once there, I met with two people in the department, who went over my resume and asked me about my qualifications and past experiences. They asked several questions off a HR interview worksheet, which was a little funny. The department reps seemed to really like me, and let me know that some of the questions weren't very important to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, some were related to the position, others weren't. Things like "Tell me about a project you managed that failed to meet expectations."   View Answer

I was offered an internship at my top-pick organization for the summer.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Centene in October 2012.

Long lead time- a very typical 'throw resume in a black hole and wait' experience. Interview process is focused on behavioral interview (e.g. talk about a time when...). Through the behavioral interview, similar questions were asked by 3 groups of people. These groups included direct management, potential peers, sr. management, and a HR representative.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty much in line with what one would expect from a standard corporate interview - no curve-balls here.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Centene in May 2012.

They have you come in and meet HR, then I met with the Director (my hiring supervisor) and then a subsequent meeting with my VP.They use the same booklet of questions on everyone, just different questions are asked. Those are "Behavioral based" interviewing questions. You can BS your way through those. Quite frankly most of the time, they just pertain to your work ethic, cohesiveness, etc. If you generally don't have a problem with any of those, you won't have any problems with those questions.

Interview Questions
    HR was unreasonable in my salary. They had to keep going back with the hiring manager and kept arguing about what I currently made. Ridiculous!