Center for Autism and Related Disorders

Interviews for Top Jobs at Center for Autism and Related Disorders

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Center for Autism and Related Disorders.

Interview questions were fairly standard, and included a role play of basic ABA procedures.Phone interview came first, and then I was quickly invited for an in person interview. Interviewers were nice and did a good job explaining all aspects of the job, including scheduling and compensation.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was awhile ago, so I can't remember that well, but the role play is difficult if you are shy. Just be upbeat and enthusiastic so they know you are able to be fun with kids.   Answer Question
    Quick.

Management Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Center for Autism and Related Disorders.

One of the most rude and unwelcoming interviews I have ever had in my entire life. The interviews are all done over skype which is already a horrible way to conduct interviews. I can't believe they expected to find the right candidate with all Skype interviews. The interviewers were insanely rude and interrupted the interview several times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Center for Autism and Related Disorders in July 2014.

Filled out app online. Got an email soon after requesting a phone interview within a few days. Friendly lady asked my questions such as "what do you know about autism?" and inquired about my work/volunteer experience with children. I was invited to an in-person interview the following week, where I was interviewed by the same woman with one more woman present. This interview contained the same questions as the phone interview, but at the end there were new, more in-depth questions. In one, I had to pretend I was with a therapist and rate what my priorities would be and why. Finally I had to pretend I was the client interacting with the therapist (interviewer) and vice versa. I was told I would probably hear back from the company in about a week, but they called me the next day and invited me to do the training starting in a month. I don't know if they have done my background check yet.

Its 16 an hour. No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Center for Autism and Related Disorders in January 2014.

why you want to work there, if you could be any character what would it be

ABA Therapist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Center for Autism and Related Disorders in August 2013.

It was alright. Nothing difficult. Just someone who was trying to sound like a professional but in obvious desperate need of employees

Behavioral Therapist Interview

Sent in my résumé, got a response within a week saying that they couldn't interview me because of legal issues. Then emailed me two weeks later saying they were now able to meet with me. Went in to interview a week later and got offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle a problem with a parent.   Answer Question

Senior Behavior Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Center for Autism and Related Disorders.

Phone interview, 1:1 interview, Training in office, Field Training, Field Evaluation.

Behavior Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Center for Autism and Related Disorders.

Simple Process: Responded to a job posting and sent in a resume.

Was contacted less than a week later about an interview. At the interview, I was asked to fill out a formal job application for their files. Once finished, one of the Behavior Consultants pulled me into a small room for a brief interview.

Interview Questions
    • I informed the Consultant that I had previous experience in ABA. She asked me to pretend that she was a client, and that I was supposed to teach her how to clap.   Answer Question
    Very little room to negotiate unless you have at least one full year of experience in the field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Center for Autism and Related Disorders in July 2012.

So I went on an interview with Center for Autism & Related Disorders today. The office was clean and the staff seemed friendly. I have already completed a phone interview last week and this was a follow-up 1 on 1 interview. During the phone interview I got the perspective that the company was looking to fill spots with bodies. She drummed off generic questions (do you have a driver's license, do you have any citations, what degree do you have, etc...). I felt like there was ask and respond with no interaction with the answer itself (checks in the boxes). This interview was for a part-time position (10-25 hours per week). To work in clients homes (children with autism), I would be expected to drive within a 50 mile radius. The ABA therapist will receive $15 an hour. However, there is no drive time paid from your starting point. The ABA therapist is paid ONLY from client to client's home, so if you have only one client for the day- you get nothing because there is no other client to drive to. However, IF you do have more than one client, you will receive .38 cents a mile + minimum wage between client to client. Then if you drive all the way there and the client cancels- you do not even get the $15 an hour. So, to put this in perspective...it takes me $15.00 to get to San Diego from Temecula and $15 to get back from San Diego to Temecula= $30.00. I have a client for one hour and receive $15.00. Therefore, I am paying $15.00 out of my pocket over what I will make from C.A.R.D. This does not even include if I get all the way there and the client cancels...meaning I would have paid $30.00 and received nothing back. Also, I would NOT be working with the same child (she said she does not want therapists getting attached)...children with autism THRIVE on routine and this includes interacting with the same people on predictable schedules. So basically I would work with random clients, have top pay to work (pay more than receive), and oh o oh IF I do not fulfill the 1 year contract I would have to sign- I have to repay C.A.R.D $600 for the training they gave me. Lastly, I would have to acknowledge that there is the possibility of getting physically injured while on the job. How does anyone think this position is worth it? NOT ME. I am writing this review in an effort to not have someone else waste their time. I want to HELP children with AUTISM but not make a company rich in place of my personal dedication. I do not see how the dynamics of this position is good for the ABA therapist or the client at all.

Interview Questions

It did not make sense to take this position and actually be able to earn and income.

Therapist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Center for Autism and Related Disorders in July 2010.

first a phone interview lasted about 10 minutes to go over the general nature of the job. They asked me if I'm still interested in this position after the conversation. Then an in-person interview was scheduled, they are mostly interested in people who are college students and graduates who have interests working with children. Very causal dress code.

Interview Questions
    only people with master degree get a higher pay-rate. for B.A. and college students are the same pay to start with. little or no negotiation.