Center for Naval Analyses Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Center for Naval Analyses

Research Analyst Interview

Took about 3 months. HR was awful, they kept spelling my name wrong, even the HR person who interviewed me didn't seem happy about the company (soon after I started she had left anyway). Had a day long interview where I spoke with multiple people and gave a job talk on my graduate school research. A very rude person in the room asked who recruited me after my talk was done. Took a very long time after the interview to get the final offer approved.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. standard behavioral type questions were asked.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Center for Naval Analyses in April 2012.

From start to end (no offer) the process took about 3 months. The HR person handling my case was not very cooperative and not really professional. He would only reply to emails when he wanted to. After sending all the required documents HR asked for, and they were a lot, I got an email from the same HR person about starting the process from scratch. After I contacted him explaining that we had been through this already he didn't know what he was doing and asked me to reapply anyways. Didn't seem to really know what was going on. Finally I was invited to a full-day interview which followed the style of interviews at research universities. Several 1-on-1 interviews and a presentation. Everybody there was nice, except for the HR person who was really full of himself. I really laughed when he told me that although I have a PhD he will never call me a doctor unless I had a MD degree. He was intimidating and out of line. Another way CNA showed how unprofessional they can be, the future boss never showed up to my presentation although he was in the office next door. He showed up for the lunch and that was it. This is when I decided that I probably don't work there anyways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Center for Naval Analyses in March 2011.

Interviewers had not read my CV and had no insight into what projects I might receive. It simply wasn't a good match.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions. The interview was just more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Center for Naval Analyses in March 2011.

No one had read my resume, and there was no input into what projects I might get to work on. Nobody seemed very happy to be working there, and no one thought that they had any influence on making any government agency run better. It was a terribly disappointing experience. The people who worked there seemed genuinely surprised that I was interested in policy questions, as none of them seemed to be.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Every interview was simply a conversation.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Center for Naval Analyses in June 2008.

Interviewed with several analysts in one day. Heard back in a few days and was made an offer- negotiable.

Negotiable.