Center for Strategic and International Studies Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014
5 interviews

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Applied online for a semester-long internship in one of the specific programs. Received an invitation to interview a month later. Went into the office for an interview (though was offered the option for an interview over the phone). Interview was approximately 45 minutes long. Mostly questions about why I was interested in the position, what experiences on my resume (or others) contributed to that interest. Asked about work style. Asked about what projects I would be interested in working on and why. Asked some topic-related questions that definitely required specific knowledge to answer. Received offer via email a week and a half after my interview and was given 5 days to accept or decline.

Interview Questions
  • Most unexpected question was about what I like to do outside the office (for fun, hobbies, etc.)   Answer Question
I tried to negotiate for more time to accept the offer, as I was balancing other interviews/positions, but could not get a significant amount of more time.

Other Interview Reviews for Center for Strategic and International Studies

Intern Interview

Applied online. Got an email a few weeks later for an in-person interview at DC office. Brand new headquarters, very impressive building. One-on-one interview with one person, about 40 mins. Prepared by reading current news/reports on subject, learning up on CSIS background and program.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about resume, why a good fit for program, etc. No curveball questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies.

I was contacted for a phone interview after a friend forwarded along my resume. They asked a lot of straightforward questions about my experience and what I gained from them. They also asked some behavioral questions like 'how do you deal with high pressure situations and a lot of things being thrown at you?'

Interview Questions
    • How do you think organizations can use social media to their benefit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies in April 2013.

submit the online application and then had a phone call interview. The interviewer is very friendly

Intern Interview

I got the internship information from my university. I submitted the application and get email from the organization to set up the phone interview schedule. And the next day, I got phone interview. There was no difficult interview questions at all.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question at all. That was internship position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Center for Strategic and International Studies

Worked for Center for Strategic and International Studies? Contribute to the Community!