Center for Strategic and International Studies

csis.org

Center for Strategic and International Studies Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Center for Strategic and International Studies in December 2008.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume and cover letter, and heard back two weeks later. (The announcement had been up on the site for a week or two before I sent in my materials.) It was right around Christmas time, so the timeline might be skewed from their normal process.

The staffer doing the hiring asked for three writing samples, which I sent along via email. I never heard back from the organization after sending these in.

I have been told by a friend who works at the Center that the organization has been getting upwards of 500 applications per position for many of their research assistant positions, and that many of these have been filled without announcements or by moving up interns or bringing back former interns. Hard place to get into, at least if you haven't done the internship first.

Interview Question – Submit three writing samples.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Center for Strategic and International Studies

Worked for Center for Strategic and International Studies? Contribute to the Community!