CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric in June 2010.

I was referred by a colleague that was not interested in the position anymore (long commute) The recruiter called me and scheduled the interview, he told me the salary that was being offered and the benefits. The day of the interview I met with my future manager and a person from HR, they followed a script with basic Technical questions and some open ended questions on how I would react to a situation, both jotted down their responses in their questionnaire before moving to new question, overall it was a very easy interview, I guess they were looking for personality more than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to leave my previous company   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate anything the recruiter said that the salary was what it was, take it or leave it. I guess someone else can negotiate, but I'm just not used to asking for more things.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric in May 2009.

There were three people. They asked me what I wanted to do and where I saw myself in 5 years. They talked a lot about the company. It was an OCI so it seemed very mentor-y in that they gave me a lot of advice and it was laid back and conversational.

Interview Questions

Worked for CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric? Contribute to the Community!