CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric

CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric Interview Questions

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric.

the hiring manager is friendly. Lead me go through the building to see the working environment. The interview has 4 persons from the company. 1 HR, 3 engineer. They ask some behavior questions. They are interested if I have the correct skills to perform the job and if I have the same job experience before.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most satisfied experience in your current position   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric in June 2010.

I was referred by a colleague that was not interested in the position anymore (long commute) The recruiter called me and scheduled the interview, he told me the salary that was being offered and the benefits. The day of the interview I met with my future manager and a person from HR, they followed a script with basic Technical questions and some open ended questions on how I would react to a situation, both jotted down their responses in their questionnaire before moving to new question, overall it was a very easy interview, I guess they were looking for personality more than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to leave my previous company   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate anything the recruiter said that the salary was what it was, take it or leave it. I guess someone else can negotiate, but I'm just not used to asking for more things.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric in May 2009.

There were three people. They asked me what I wanted to do and where I saw myself in 5 years. They talked a lot about the company. It was an OCI so it seemed very mentor-y in that they gave me a lot of advice and it was laid back and conversational.

Corporate Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric in February 2011.

Recruited in on-campus recruiting and intereviewed on campus.

Interview Questions
    • What are the financial statement affects of replacing long-term equipment?   View Answer

Key Accounts Consultant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric in April 2010.

It was a panel interview that lasted about 45min. It was an easy interview because I have had several in the past and used that to my advantage. It was an all male panel with a lot of experience. I did not get the job but It was a good interview.

Interview Questions
    • At times it is very important to understand how communication channels, interpersonal networks, and politics influence decisions at work. Describe a time when your understanding of these dynamics at work was put to good use.   Answer Question