CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.4

Associate Forester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone call from recruiter. 1 hour phone interview with manager of department. In person interview with 2 managers and recruiter that lasted about 1.5 hours. Recruiter and managers I talked to were very friendly and professional. Interview questions were all your basic behavioral/scenario questions

Lineman Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I just got the approval email from Centerpoint Energy after taking the interview. The email came within a few hours after my interview. Before the interview you had to take and pass the CAST test which was pretty challenging due to the time restraint. Don't worry about finishing just answer as many questions right as possible. Don't take forever to do each question. If the question looks too hard just move on to the next. Make sure your answers and the bubble sheet matches the test. It's very easy to skip an answer and start bubbling in the incorrect question.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you to be the next electrical lineman for our company?
      What does safety mean to you?
      Do you have any experience working with tools?

Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted an resume through the company website. I saw the opportunity on one of the major hiring sites. I was contacted by email and asked to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by an HR rep and while she was cordial, it seemed as though she was simply reading questions she had been given and didn't seem to pay very much attention to the answers.

She did indicate the job was needing to be filled quickly and that I would receive feedback (whether I was to have an additional interview or whether I was no longer being considered) the following week. However, I was only notified several weeks later by a generic email that the position had been filled.

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial communications and pre employment drug testing were coordinated through email with HR. I had one group interview with four people after getting over being horribly sick, but I dragged myself there for a great opportunity and It wasn't intimidating at all. They were all very friendly. I felt that I livened the group up a bit. I'm slightly eccentric and I think being myself helped me to get the job.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me anything difficult that I can remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My pay was told to me, and it was way higher than I would have expected so I definitely accepted.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was your standard HR behavioral questions, followed by another interview with a senior member of management. Nothing out of the ordinary though. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not much more to add. Pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing I can think of. Nothing is difficult. As long as your prepare, nothing will be too hard. Google behavioral questions and study them. You should do good in the interview.   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

It was just one 30-45 minutes interview, with standard behavioral questions. The interview was pretty relaxed and overall easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you implemented changes and what was the result of it.   Answer Question

Associate Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Had to take a technical test first. Then 2 interviews with 3-4 people each (HR and management) that took notes of answers to behavioral questions.

Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

They asked personal questions and were unprofessional

Team Lead: Smart Grid NOC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Received job lead from friend; was kept up-to-date with how and when yo apply instructions; had to apply online; my resume and application were selected based on my inside contact;

Panel interview of HR recruiter, HR rep, and immediate manager (hiring manager);

prepared questions were asked and everyone in room took notes - easy questions for the management job I applied for - basic behavioral questions;

interview last about 50 minutes - received offer within 48 hours

Interview Questions

• describe an argument you had with a co-worker or supervisor   Answer Question
    • how would you deal with a disgruntled employee   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. This employer was very rigid and there was nothing to be negotiated in my experience

Distribution Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

It helps to know some one in Human Resources to get to the interview process. If you do put in a resume, you may never hear that you been turned down for an interview. The better you know how to charm your interview panel is a plus, it can overcome your weaknesses in your qualifications.