CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Gas Measurment Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Went to a veteran career fair and a recruiter took my resume. She contacted me about two weeks later and set up an interview It was a real intense atmosphere as soon as I walked it. Everyone was middle aged and work seemed really serious. It really seems like no one had fun there. Had a supervisor and manager there asking me questions back and forth. They were pre senior citizen aged. The questions were really hard. It wasn't your typical behavioral questions. It was a think outside the box type of stuff implemented into another thing. It took about an hour long and I honestly know for a fact I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember the questions because each one of them were really long paragraphs that dealt with a lot of data analyzing scenarios.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (College Station, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral questions about leaderships and working in groups. Definitely have something prepared before you go in. I would advise looking at different ways to answer behavioral questions online. There are a bunch of different methods hahaha. Ya ok.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked on a team and a team member was being stubborn.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

Apply online. HR will contact you if you are chosen. You schedule an interview time. You interview with 3-5 managers and one HR rep. You are contacted quickly if you are selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to resolve an issue for a customer.   Answer Question

Forester Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in January 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call of interest about 4 weeks after applying. 2 week process, starting with phone interview and leading to sit down interview. The managers and recruiter were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Summer Gas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

Received the interview through on campus recruitment. It was very laid back and recruiters were very friendly. Received answer within two weeks. Was asked what I knew about the company. Asked about past experiences and projects

Lineman Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I just got the approval email from Centerpoint Energy after taking the interview. The email came within a few hours after my interview. Before the interview you had to take and pass the CAST test which was pretty challenging due to the time restraint. Don't worry about finishing just answer as many questions right as possible. Don't take forever to do each question. If the question looks too hard just move on to the next. Make sure your answers and the bubble sheet matches the test. It's very easy to skip an answer and start bubbling in the incorrect question.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you to be the next electrical lineman for our company? What does safety mean to you? Do you have any experience working with tools?   Answer Question

Interview

Take an assessment - if you pass you will get an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation in pay - was union.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted an resume through the company website. I saw the opportunity on one of the major hiring sites. I was contacted by email and asked to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by an HR rep and while she was cordial, it seemed as though she was simply reading questions she had been given and didn't seem to pay very much attention to the answers. She did indicate the job was needing to be filled quickly and that I would receive feedback (whether I was to have an additional interview or whether I was no longer being considered) the following week. However, I was only notified several weeks later by a generic email that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Interview

Applied for the Coop position through my university's career services. I was accepted for the interview and went to it. It was very, very laid back. No technical questions. Not even behavioral questions such as, "Tell me a time when..." Just a casual conversation. Left the interview and a couple days later was offered the position. Very easy and my interviewer was so nice!

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite/least favorite classes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was decent pay for a co-op.

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenterPoint Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial communications and pre employment drug testing were coordinated through email with HR. I had one group interview with four people after getting over being horribly sick, but I dragged myself there for a great opportunity and It wasn't intimidating at all. They were all very friendly. I felt that I livened the group up a bit. I'm slightly eccentric and I think being myself helped me to get the job.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me anything difficult that I can remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My pay was told to me, and it was way higher than I would have expected so I definitely accepted.