CenterPoint Energy Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

2.8

Lineman Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in July 2014.

I just got the approval email from Centerpoint Energy after taking the interview. The email came within a few hours after my interview. Before the interview you had to take and pass the CAST test which was pretty challenging due to the time restraint. Don't worry about finishing just answer as many questions right as possible. Don't take forever to do each question. If the question looks too hard just move on to the next. Make sure your answers and the bubble sheet matches the test. It's very easy to skip an answer and start bubbling in the incorrect question.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you to be the next electrical lineman for our company?
      What does safety mean to you?
      Do you have any experience working with tools?
        Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in March 2014.

Submitted an resume through the company website. I saw the opportunity on one of the major hiring sites. I was contacted by email and asked to schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by an HR rep and while she was cordial, it seemed as though she was simply reading questions she had been given and didn't seem to pay very much attention to the answers.

She did indicate the job was needing to be filled quickly and that I would receive feedback (whether I was to have an additional interview or whether I was no longer being considered) the following week. However, I was only notified several weeks later by a generic email that the position had been filled.

Advanced Customer Service Representative Interview

Take an assessment - if you pass you will get an interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation in pay - was union.

Associate Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in October 2013.

Applied for on-campus interview through the university career services center. The first-round interview consisted of an interview with 2 CenterPoint Energy engineers who asked a mix of technical (basic) and behavioral/scenarios questions. I was invited to an on-site second-round interview at the Houston office. Interview consisted of a panel interview with 4 engineers from different business units. The questions were similar to the first interview, a mix of technical (basic) and behavioral/scenarios questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are the main components of an electrical power grid?   Answer Question

Distribution Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in November 2010.

It helps to know some one in Human Resources to get to the interview process. If you do put in a resume, you may never hear that you been turned down for an interview. The better you know how to charm your interview panel is a plus, it can overcome your weaknesses in your qualifications.

Co-Op Electrical Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Applied for the Coop position through my university's career services. I was accepted for the interview and went to it. It was very, very laid back. No technical questions. Not even behavioral questions such as, "Tell me a time when..." Just a casual conversation. Left the interview and a couple days later was offered the position. Very easy and my interviewer was so nice!

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your favorite/least favorite classes?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was decent pay for a co-op.

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at CenterPoint Energy.

Initial communications and pre employment drug testing were coordinated through email with HR. I had one group interview with four people after getting over being horribly sick, but I dragged myself there for a great opportunity and It wasn't intimidating at all. They were all very friendly. I felt that I livened the group up a bit. I'm slightly eccentric and I think being myself helped me to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask me anything difficult that I can remember.   Answer Question
    My pay was told to me, and it was way higher than I would have expected so I definitely accepted.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

The interview process was unusually long. This was an entry-level position I was interviewing for (right out of college), but was interviewed by a 10-person panel. Way overkill, in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were a mix of technical and behavioral. Fair altogether.   Answer Question

Accountant I Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in April 2009.

Met with two hiring managers. Standard questions about experience, did I have SAP experience (I did not). "Tell me about yourself" question and conversation. Each manager explained their department in depth, they asked if I had a preference, I said not at the moment.

Immediately met with director which was unexpected but necessary because the director was traveling for the next two weeks. Same set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • One thing you would change about yourself.   View Answer
    Gave an offer over the phone, I countered and they said no, but I still took it.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CenterPoint Energy in October 2012.

It was just one 30-45 minutes interview, with standard behavioral questions. The interview was pretty relaxed and overall easy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you implemented changes and what was the result of it.   Answer Question

Worked for CenterPoint Energy? Contribute to the Community!