Centerplate

Relevance Date Difficulty

Steward Interview

Steward
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Centerplate in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was fairly simple, I went in to fill-out the application, a couple days later someone called me to come in for an interview. That went about 45mins to an hour and took a test for food handlers, test was graded and I was notified that I passed.

Club Manager Interview

Club Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Centerplate in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process was quick and I was kept informed of each step of the interview / hiring process. The deadlines and timeframes were met or exceeded along the way. The process was straightforward and the interviewers were honest with the job and responsibilities and the unwritten parts of the job description. The expectations and work load were delivered and set at a high standard.

Interview Question – If the owner of the team wanted an associate fired, how would I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given the number that I asked.

Executive Sous Chef Interview

Executive Sous Chef
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Centerplate in April 2011.

Interview Details – Follow corporate spec

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Catering Manager Interview

Catering Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Centerplate.

Interview Details – Very clean and clear process

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Clear line of negotiation

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Centerplate.

Interview Details – easiet way to get in is through referral / working with a union. applied in person, got a call back, interviewed, followed up with HR manager, got the job

Interview Question – there was a math test   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Centerplate.

Interview Details – Met with two managers and the HR manager for an interview that lasted about 30-40 minutes. From there had a final interview with the GM who offered me a job. There was about a week between the two. Initially was told job was salary by HR but when met with GM was told job was hourly. Be aware that this seems to be SOP.

Interview Question – General employment questions but you must dress for a job interview. You will be turned away if you are not dressed appropriately.   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager Interview

Purchasing Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Centerplate in June 2009.

Interview Details – Three interviews, Very infomal. Was told it was a Director Position turned out only as a Manager. Still very happy with position. Was clear at first with job and job description but as years have gone by unclear who to report to. Who to supervise. Happy with upper managment

Interview Question – Had us go around to specific Vendors were going to be using.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they came with an offer I counter offered and all was accepted.

Director of Catering Sales Interview

Director of Catering Sales
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Centerplate.

Interview Details – I went to five interviews prior to being hired. At the time, I am not sure if the Managers knew what position they were looking to fill.

Interview Question – What were areas that I needed to work on personally.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Five interviews over two months

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Catering Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Centerplate.

Interview Details – I applied through a hospitality website and was called the same week to schedule a one on one interview. I met with the Director of Sales & Marketing. The interview was about 30 minutes. I was made an offer by the DSM before end of week by the DSM. The process was rather quick and to the point.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a fair salary and in less than a year I was offered the Senior Catering Sales Manager position.

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Staffing Coordinator
New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Centerplate in July 2011.

Interview Details – While already under part time employment with Centerplate I applied for a full time position. I conducted two interviews and waited to see if I would get the position. Interviews are taking very seriously and questioning is tough, though needed to see if the individual applying for the position can indeed handle pressure.

Interview Question – How do you go about making a customer feel welcomed in our venue?   Answer Question

Worked for Centerplate? Contribute to the Community!