Centerplate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Centerplate (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

July 2014, I applied for the position and got a call an hour later. They asked if I could come in the next day.

The interview was very casual. We did dress up business casual, but the interview felt like a normal conversation. At one point, we even sidetracked and starting talking about Baseball.

A lot of the questions were basic. I was asked about my experience, why I think I should be hired over others, do you like the 49ers.

There I had to answer how I would handles certain scenarios. And I got some common sense scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Easiest Question: What do you do if you see one of your co-workers stealing?   1 Answer

Concessions Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Centerplate in January 2014.

Interview

Very quick process. I saw a post online and sent my resume and cover letter to the email provided. The next day I was asked to do a phone interview/ The interview was more of a phone conversation than typical interview style questions. I was called a few days later offering me the job and asking me to come in to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand on your feet for more than 8 hours?   1 Answer

Club Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Centerplate (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was quick and I was kept informed of each step of the interview / hiring process. The deadlines and timeframes were met or exceeded along the way. The process was straightforward and the interviewers were honest with the job and responsibilities and the unwritten parts of the job description. The expectations and work load were delivered and set at a high standard.

Interview Questions

• If the owner of the team wanted an associate fired, how would I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given the number that I asked.

Steward Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Centerplate (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was fairly simple, I went in to fill-out the application, a couple days later someone called me to come in for an interview. That went about 45mins to an hour and took a test for food handlers, test was graded and I was notified that I passed.

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Centerplate.

Interview

Very clean and clear process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Clear line of negotiation

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Centerplate.

Interview

easiet way to get in is through referral / working with a union. applied in person, got a call back, interviewed, followed up with HR manager, got the job

Hospitality Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Centerplate (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

you go in for an interview then setup orientation you go threw orientation get to know what your going to be doing then you start working get to know people you tag alone so you can get a good understanding of the job you go over what your suppose to do and what not to do

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Centerplate.

Interview

Met with two managers and the HR manager for an interview that lasted about 30-40 minutes. From there had a final interview with the GM who offered me a job. There was about a week between the two. Initially was told job was salary by HR but when met with GM was told job was hourly. Be aware that this seems to be SOP.

Interview Questions

• General employment questions but you must dress for a job interview. You will be turned away if you are not dressed appropriately.   Answer Question

Director of Catering Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Centerplate (Denver, CO).

Interview

I went to five interviews prior to being hired. At the time, I am not sure if the Managers knew what position they were looking to fill.

Interview Questions

• What were areas that I needed to work on personally.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Five interviews over two months

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Centerplate.

Interview

I applied through a hospitality website and was called the same week to schedule a one on one interview. I met with the Director of Sales & Marketing. The interview was about 30 minutes. I was made an offer by the DSM before end of week by the DSM. The process was rather quick and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a fair salary and in less than a year I was offered the Senior Catering Sales Manager position.