Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

2.6

Information Systems Specialist (Intern) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodlawn, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodlawn, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.

I applied online after getting an email about the position through my school. The whole process took about 3 weeks, mostly dealing with HR. The interview was with four managers of the Information Systems Division. Some basic questions regarding the systems development life cycle, but nothing really technical. There were other usual interview questions regarding past experience, weaknesses, etc...

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in March 2012.

Fairly painless phone interview with two people from the administration department. Asked basic questions about my background, previous employment, schooling, etc. I was surprised the process didn't include a second-round in-person interview. Somewhat awkward to try to continue a conversation with three people over the phone without a few awkward interruptions but overall fairly painless.

Interview Questions

I had an offer from another company that better fit what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in January 2011.

Found out about the position through word of mouth at my grad school; was asked to come to an interview in DC; interview was a 15 minute chat with the Center Director; was told I was being hired; long HR process to establish grade level which was highly frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was virtually a formality - I was hired during the early days of them looking for smart people ready to go. I don't remember it being much more than a chat about why I was interested and me asking them a lot of questions about what they were doing. It's much more systematic now.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in January 2010.

The IQ test took 3 hours and was similar to the ACT

Interview Questions
    • Are all manager or people of authority toltalitarian?   View Answer
    • If you had a flat tire on the interstate what are the sequence of events to resolve the issue at hand and continue on your way?   View Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in November 2008.

I first, filled out an online application and once that was completed a HR rep contacted me. The HR reps checked my transcript and then completed a background check. The HR rep met with me and then figured out what I was looking for, to see if it was available. Once they found out what I was looking for, they got in contact with the schools. The principal called me to see when I could come in for an interview. I went in for interview and then I received a phone call from HR when they told me that they wanted to offer the job to me. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a student that did not want to learn and was not completing work, how would you handle that student?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in order to have strong parent contact in your classroom?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate what grade level that I wanted to work with and what school zone I wanted to be in.

Health Insurance Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.

Had two phone interviews with several different staff persons from Regional Offices and one final interview in person. Surprised at how quickly the first call regarding interview occurred after applying online. Questions and overall interviews were intense but interviewers were generally pleasant.

Health Insurance Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in March 2012.

OCSQ head....who was flustered just being there....didnt like that

Not for me

Senior Manager Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in January 2012.

I liked the place very cutting edge and forward thinking . There was a lot of talk about empowerment and working in teams to discuss the overall strategy and direction for the department. The management structure is flat and high technology driven with a strong eye on Return On Investment and business intelligence.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in May 2009.

Job was made to sound much less hassle than it has turned out to be. It was evident that they were interested in filling the position quickly. My suspicion that the previous person had quit suddenly was verified by several people after I started the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I was made an offer that was much less than my last position. I'm sure the state of the economy at the time fueled their "Take it or leave it" attitude.