Centerview Partners Interview Questions

3.7

Investment Banking Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Campus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Centerview Partners.

the interview was mostly behavioral and no technical questions were asked. some brain teasers but short overall

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Centerview Partners in August 2013.

Phone interview, then called to final round interview with 5 sets of interviewers (2 people each). There were about 7 others with me in the final round stage, and it was cool that we got to meet one of the founders of Centerview.

Interview Questions
    • The people asking the technical questions were very stern and almost really rude. Try not to let that faze you, and, instead, calmly take their condemnation and ignore it. Was asked strange question about what actor I would want to play me in a movie about my life. Didn't expect that but it wasn't hard.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

it was a very straightforward interview process. nothing out of the ordinary. behavioral questions mostly. some brainteasers.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Centerview Partners.

First round phone interview- extremely technical, asked accretion/dilution questions, how does depreciation affect 3 financial statements, etc... Super day interview was extremely behavioral though, mostly about fit.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Centerview Partners in February 2013.

1st round Skype interview with 2 analysts. Mostly technical with some standard fit questions. Asked about DCF and accounting. Then asked simple fit questions that are necessary for any interview. They also seem to like brain teasers though. They asked me in the first round what percentage of Chicago is covered in concrete.

Interview Questions
    • Definitely the most difficult and unexpected was the brainteaser of what percentage of Chicago is covered in concrete. Just try to be logical and clear. Focus more on showing your thinking style than on getting the correct answer.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting . The Company came to campus for the first round of interview. Really nice, fun people. Then was invited into the office for a super day. Had a dinner the day before and interview on a saturday. Received an offer the next day.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Centerview Partners in January 2011.

I interviewed with two people; they were pretty nice. They asked about my resume and my leadership skills, mostly fit questions. They also asked two brainteasers; what is larger 765^2 or 764*766, and the lightbulb one (look around for it). They also asked a few other hypothetical questions, presumably to kill time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Centerview Partners in October 2010.

I'm from a non-target school. I had two back-to-back 30 minute phone interviews, one with an Analyst and one with an Associate. Pretty technical overall, only a little bit of fit.

Walked through my resume. I had an internship in investment banking, so they spent some time asking about what I did there. Spent a good amount of time talking through different models - heavy on DCF, and a little bit of a merger model.

Then spent about 5-7mins on a few math questions. Moved on to the next interviewer, pretty much the same stuff: resume, internship, DCF. No math questions, and spent only a few minutes on fit.

Did not get past those interviews. Feedback was very limited.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a DCF - what is the difference between a levered DCF and an unlevered DCF? what are two ways to calculate terminal value?   Answer Question
    • What is greater: 624 squared or 623 x 625   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Centerview Partners.

First round interview on campus. Half hour with one analyst and one partner. They were friendly and asked about my resume and experiences. The conversation was interspersed with some simple technical and quantitative questions. I didn’t get quite the answers they were looking for so they walked me through some of it. There was a fair amount of time at the end for me to ask questions. I did not get called back for a second round.

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a company? What if it is public/private? In what ways could you acquire it?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Centerview Partners in February 2012.

Pretty straightforward. Standard fit and tech questions. Some brainteasers though

Interview Questions

Worked for Centerview Partners? Contribute to the Community!