Centra Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Centra Health (Lynchburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was fairly extensive! I had 1 interview with the nurse recruiter, 2 panel interviews, and a shadowing on the unit I was applying for. It seemed like a pretty sought after position, so that could be why. At first they said they didn't have any more positions available, then the unit manager called me about a week later and said that more positions had been approved so she offered me the job over the phone!
    The panel asked quite a few questions. The shadowing was about 6 hours, but was fairly laid back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you didn't agree with a decision made by a manger or supervisor, and how did you react?   Answer Question

Biomedical Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centra Health (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

I had 2 on-site interviews with the Director, and on the second interview I spoke with 3 of the technicians who were working in the department. I also spoke with the CIO/VP for a few minutes during the second interview as he was influential in the founding of the department and enjoyed remaining involved.

Interview Questions

• One interesting question was "What was the last book you read"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wish I had negotiated a little bit on the salary offered, but was grateful to have been offered the opportunity and I did not want to possibly lose it.

Mental Health Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Centra Health (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

The interview was very short and more of an informal conversation. The job interview was given to me strictly because I met someone in management and did not hinge what so ever on my education or qualifications. Was offered the job on the spot and told them that I would need time to think it over. Was called the next day and informed that my decision must be rendered.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I really wanted to do with my career or life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base compensation set and I was given only one day to consider the job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Centra Health (Lynchburg, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was for half and hour and interviewer asked standar questions. I was slight disconcerted because it seemed as if the interviewer wasn't really listening to my responses and she seembed a bit rushed. However, I received an offer fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary offered was within acceptable range

Aide Nutrition Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Centra Health (Farmville, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Centra Southside posted the job online and I applied by submitting a resume. I received a request the next day for an interview. Two days later, I attended the interview. The interviewer was the manager of the department and was very easy to talk to. He asked about my job duties at similar facility where I had worked and explained what would be required if I was hired.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions and the interviewer had a very casual and pleasant demeanor.   Answer Question