Central Board of Excise & Customs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inspector Interview

Inspector
Chandigarh (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Central Board of Excise & Customs.

Interview Details – The interview is conducted by the staff of Staff Selection Commission and there are 4 to 5 interviewers as you enter the room. You have to introduce yourself and the city to which you belong, qualification etc. Then comes the question round. The questions are mostly related to one's graduation field, general knowledge and current affairs.

Interview Question – Whether agricultural implements are taxable or exempt?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The offer was a standard one as per the Govt. service rules.

Additional Commissioner Interview

Additional Commissioner
New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Central Board of Excise & Customs in May 2008.

Interview Details – Indian Civil services exam in 2 phases - Preliminary and Mains round followed by interview and a mdeical.

Negotiation Details – Government job and no negotiation.

Inspector Interview

Inspector
Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Central Board of Excise & Customs in February 2010.

Interview Details – they have asked questions like who are the women chief ministers in present, how many countries touch India's border, their names. what do you think and know about your birthplace and the place where you are currently living, they have asked about my subject, my hobbies and what i do in my spare time, what places i visited in my current city.

Interview Question – what is the difference between pigment and color   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i think we should be firm on our stand

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Central Board of Excise & Customs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Central Board of Excise & Customs interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Central Board of Excise & Customs employees and interview candidates.