Central City Concern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Central City Concern.

Interview

Applied a few days before the position recruitment date, received a phone call for an interview the following week. Interview conducted at Portland's Old Town homeless office. Only street parking available. Panel of 3 interviewers. Basic questions about operational program experience/knowledge. Panel was new to the interviewing forms and fumbled a little through the process. Overall, the interview went fairly well.

Interview Questions

• The lead interviewer asked at the end, "Please personally share whatever you want with us about yourself?"   Answer Question

ACT Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR).

Interview

Professional interview. They asked the right questions to get the right employee.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about psychotropic medication? Is it or is it not necessary?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Professional, flexible.

Lead Support Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

Application, resume and cover letter. Interview Second interview (maybe)

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the following situation? A client has relapsed and is moving out of his ADFC housing. The client is not interested in returining to treatment, stating that he/she has completed numerous treatment programs without success, the PO wants the client to return to treatment.   1 Answer

Case Manager III ICU Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by the supervisor of the unit and another case manager. They asked me questions back and forth. Some that I can remember "define recovery" "what is your exposure to ACT" "what is your view of psychopharmacology" and "describe a time you had conflict with a supervisor or coworker and how you dealt with it" The office was dressed casually and people were friendly. The office was primarily female however there were two men that I saw.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Central City Concern (Portland, OR) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to set up the interview after applying online. I did not have to wait long before being called in and I was then interviewed by two individuals. They were very pleasant and professional in how they presented themselves and conducted the interview. The employees appeared to consist of a diverse ethnic population and their manner of dress was casual. The front desk receptionists appeared to be friendly towards the clients and were attentive to their needs as well as mine as a applicant.

Interview Questions

• What was my best asset that I could bring to the job as a receptionist.   Answer Question