Central Michigan University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.0

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Central Michigan University.

Interview

The interview process is not difficult. The main focus is for them to get to know your personality and see if you would fit in with their staff. They will ask a couple situation based questions, but nothing to scary. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge that you have faced in the based, and how did you attack it?   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Central Michigan University (Mount Pleasant, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very long, about six months from the closing date of the job post. Following the interview with the specific department, the process was much quicker as well the rest of the paperwork. The process is probably very different among the various departments at the university. Mine consisted of three people and the interview involved questions and answers from the panel followed by a written test (of intelligence and character). The entire process took less than two hours.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for this job? Tell me about your family. What are your weaknesses for this position?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Central Michigan University.

Interview

One interview with many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you had to solve a problem without knowing what to do or having someone to ask?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Ad Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Central Michigan University (Mount Pleasant, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Very informal and fun. I interviewed with the head designer and we talked about my portfolio. She was very kind and clearly enjoyed her job. It took me a few months to get in because they were full on designers, but once I did I loved it! It's a great place to work.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Central Michigan University (Mount Pleasant, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Got back with me quickly to set up an interview and planned well around my schedule. Questions were very basic and covered my previous similar experience to the job I would be working as well as any other skills I had related to the job. They were very enthusiastic and descriptive about what I would be doing, describing my responsibilities as well as any other types of projects I would need to complete.

Interview Questions

• Why I left my previous employer.   1 Answer

English Language Institute Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Central Michigan University (Mount Pleasant, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

It took approximately four weeks from application to interview notification, plus two weeks for interview. In the email, they set one time that I was allotted to interview rather than a range of possible times. Phone interview was a standard academic screening interview. They asked five or six standard questions about teaching English as a Second Language. The program seemed stolid and stagnant; they didn't seem interested in very much beyond standard reading, writing, listening, and speaking classes. The committee seemed somewhat...bored. Then, they notified me that I should hear back from them fairly soon. About 5 weeks later, I followed up, and they replied with a polite, apologetic email that another candidate had been offered the position, thus the secrecy.

Building Maintenance Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Central Michigan University (Mount Pleasant, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

It was incredibly easy. Seeing as it was a seasonal position, they really just want to know if you're willing to actually work. The interview itself is super informal. Typically, the supervisor will meet with you when they have a spare minute and ask you what kind of experience you have working in maintenance. This is mostly to get an idea of where they can put you on the summer staff. Meanwhile, they'll be trying to get an idea of what your personality is like and if you'll be committed to getting to work on time.

Temp Mechanical Trades Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Central Michigan University (Saint Charles, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

quick , basiscally over the phone, then some paper work and a physical by CMU, no cost to you.

Interview Questions

• questions where simple and basic, nothing tricky about any of them.   Answer Question

Professor of Dance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Central Michigan University (Mount Pleasant, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was somewhat confusing. The school had asked me for additional information because I was one of three candidates chosen for the position. Weeks later the position was on hold because the committee with administrators could not agree on the status of the full-time position. In August, 2010, they called to interview me on the telephone because the position was re-instituted and I was chosen. My perceptions of my fellow colleagues was honorable and respectful, as I was respectful to all. Unfortunately the upper administrators were not considerate for changes for the departments needs and future visions and positive implementations. Senior faculty were not supportive of new faculty and intimidation was their weapon to make several colleagues to either leave their positions in the college or constantly reporting negative comments of unhappiness to upper administrators. Protocols were disregarded unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being hired without tenure security but encouraging?   1 Answer
    • Are you receptive to move and begin work mid-year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations for salary. Responsibilities for the positions should be documented clearly in any contract.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Central Michigan University (Mount Pleasant, MI) in October 2009.

Interview

I was called by the acting department chair for a phone interview and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to teach four courses a semester for $11,000?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not offered negotiation. Later, I found that I was brought in at a dramatically smaller pay than those who held the same position.