Central Park Conservancy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Central Park Conservancy

Discovery Guide Interview

Interview

Be prepared to stop at the front desk with photo ID for scanning otherwise the security dude will yell at you. Said dude cannot type. He can barely work a computer. He pecks with two fingers and then gives you a sticker to wear on your shirt. I should have just thrown it away as once you're in, nobody cares. Next, waited around for a while for a tag-team interview by two other dudes. They didn't seem very experienced. They read questions off a clipboard. One was overly chatty while the other glared a lot. Be prepared to answer safety concerns about being alone (no partners) outside all day and sometimes nights not to mention winter cold. Sample question: What's your favorite memory of the park? Have interesting, specific short stories ready to tell. They want to be entertained. You'll be alone all day outside in the park, there's no partner system. They will let you know "up front" (which really means After you've traveled there for the interview) that the schedule is inconsistent: Available shifts require every other weekend and holidays are mandatory. Hope this helps future interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite memory of the park and how comfortable are you with chatting up strangers about the park all day?   Answer Question

Web Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Central Park Conservancy.

Interview

very good environment, excellent benefit and nice people

Assistant Landscape Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Central Park Conservancy (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview where my resume and portfolio was reviewed. Nothing special, general questions were asked. I was invited into the office for one on one interview.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Central Park Conservancy (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Extremely well run organization with hard working, dedicated personnel. During the interview, I was asked about my previous experience and skills. They wanted someone to provide executive support the Vice President. The candate must have executive calendar management experience excellent gramatical skills, and be able to learn new skills quickly. The people in the office were landscape architects who were responsible for managing and maintaining Central Park under a contract with the NYC Parks Department. Some of the software applications used were adobe acrobat, groupwis, visio, MS Word and MS Excel. It was a very casual office environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritze your work?   1 Answer