Central Parking System

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Help Desk Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Central Parking System in January 2012.

Interview Details – I just spent the last hour writing up a huge, detailed description of my interview experience but it did not get saved. Suffice it to say that I was brought this opportunity through a recruiter and the first meeting was at the recruiter's office with the hiring manager and a "peer" who was being promoted out of the position that I was interviewing for. I was the only one to get a second interview, a week later, at the corporate office.

The corporate office has terribly outgrown the old building they have occupied forever and employees are forced to park on both sides of a nearby residential street. The help desk people are losing their cubicles and will be working in a make-shift conference room from little desks for a year until they move to a new location.

There were two panel interviews, one with two current help desk employees, facilitated by the hiring manager. No one had copies of my resume but I had brought some. The female couldn't stop staring at the edge of tattoos that I have that would peek out under my wool suit wrist. Both were about 20 years younger than me.

The second panel was the hiring manager's boss and a programmer. Boss wanted to know why I was looking for a job after less than two years at my present one, but I emphasized how I had been at my previous employer for 20 years and was looking for another work home. To show that I had done my homework, I mentioned some items like their social media presence (the lack thereof) and an bad link I found on their website.

Afterwards the hiring manager (who has tattoos and said that there is not problem with me having them) and the guy from the first interview talked a while and he said he wanted to make a decision soon.

I waited a week to email the recruiter to see if he had heard anything and he ignored my email. I emailed again after another week and he left me a voicemail to call him to give me feedback about how things went so I apparently did not get the offer.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for another job when you've only been at your current job for less than two years.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Central Parking System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Central Parking System Internal Help Desk interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Central Parking System employees and interview candidates.