Central Steel & Wire

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Central Steel & Wire.

Interview Details – The typical interview discussions included education verses experience with pre-emplyoment physical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Prefer employees that have hobbies and a sence of community of a well balanced employee.

Accounts Payable Interview

Accounts Payable
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Central Steel & Wire in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hand 2 interviews and the job description was nothing about what the actual job was nor was the pay

Interview Question – There was none at the time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered the position as stated in the ad with a possible raise after the 90 day review

Very Difficult Interview

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Central Steel & Wire in May 2012.

Interview Details – Getting the interview was flawless. I went through Sterling Engineering staffing agency, who are very professional and helpful. However, once I arrived to the interview at the company I was greeted to the interviewer complaining about his day and stating that he had been there all day. I knew it wouldnt go well, and it didnt. I am entry level, and anyone reading my resume would have known that. I could immediately tell that he hadnt. His first official interview comment was "Wow you really dont have any experience". Even though I have ten years work experience in the Air Force, albeit not engineering. I was asked a couple other random questions and shoved in a room to take the skills test. Upon completion of the test, the interviewer had already left the building. Overall, very unprofessional.

Interview Question – I wasnt asked any relevant questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Central Steel & Wire? Contribute to the Community!