Central Texas College Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.1

Test Proctor/Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Texas College.

Interview

Brief and one on one. Basic interview questions - 5 adjectives to describe yourself, etc.. Was very interested in job until pay was mentioned. Very little pay offered for job compared to other schools in the area for same job description.

EEO Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Central Texas College.

Interview

Applied for the job and was contacted in less than two weeks for an interview. Was interviewed by two individuals. Nothing difficult, sort of run of the mill type questions; i.e., why do you want to work here, what are your long term goals, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Central Texas College (Killeen, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview with General Manager. Second interview with General Manager, followed by request to interview at the corporate office. Followed by an interview with the owner. A follow up call from the General Manager with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have newspaper experience?   1 Answer

Office Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Central Texas College (Killeen, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth. I applied in person and received a phone call the next day. Interviewed by two people - 1 supervisor and 1 coworker. Questions were very basic and easy to answer. After 1 week I received a telephone call regarding my starting date. The whole process took at least 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Hourly pay was set.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Texas College (Killeen, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I first saw and applied at CTC way before they actually contacted me. Honestly, I had completely forgotten about the job. The asked if I was still interested and I said yes. They set up an interview that same week, they called on a Monday had interview on Wednesday. The Interviewer was polite and asked basic ethic questions. At the end of the interview the Interviewer said that I was the first choice for the job if I was still interested the job was mine.. I said yes

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Texas College in January 2011.

Interview

Contacted by the Manager to arrange for an interview while in the United States. The office is located in Germany

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-existant. Completely unwilling to negotiate on any terms and become somewhat hostile if you try.

Counselor Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mannheim (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Central Texas College (Mannheim (Germany)) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was easy, typical questions about reliability in the workplace, ability to learn new tasks, ability to adapt to new environments. Greatest strengths and weaknesses. Ability to work well under pressure. I should mention that this job was for one of many positions on military bases overseas and in deployed sites. I knew this when I applied, they were very up front that the job was a contract, which could be renewed every six months as needed. Their main concern was hiring people they felt had the ability to do the work, and who could cope with living on military bases with little or no ability to travel to other locations for six months at a time, often in places which were in or near war zones.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would react to living in an environment where the threat of attack or other dangers is a constant possibility?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Generally Can't Say Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Central Texas College in August 2010.

Interview

Initially the hiring department called and requested an interview after I submitted my application to HR. I was told the time and date of the interview and to come prepared with a presentation. When the day arrived I had prepared a PowerPoint presentation and presented to a board of two individuals. Upon exiting the board, I was met with an individual who gave me an intelligence test. I was called several days afterward with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. There was only the job offer.