Central Transport Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.2

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Central Transport.

Interview

It was a good interview process. Waited about two to three weeks to hear from them and then I put my two week notice in with my current job. I started working shortly after that. They answered any of the questions I asked about the company. Remained in good contact throughout the hiring.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working on tractor trailers?   Answer Question

Line Haul Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Central Transport.

Interview

Not much pretty informal the place is desperate for employee so they take in anyone. the manager seems pretty laid back so the interview went well. The interviewer made it comfortable for me to take the job. people seems friendly enough. Somehow the interview does not seem like much of an interview more like a welcome aboard meeting.

Central Transport Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Central Transport in April 2015.

Interview

Sent in resume online and then received a call in about a week and had a brief interview on the phone and set of for in person interview very friendly HR appearance is very important very strict dress code. Had interview with HR rep then interview with department manager to get to know what the department was really about. Takes about another week or so to get a call back if you get the job (not sure how to find out if you didn't or why) over all very structured interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a lesson a A teacher or manager has taught you   Answer Question

Warren HQ (Corporate Office) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Central Transport (Warren, MI).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call (brief phone interview) from HR (actually a sister company to Central Transport). Scheduled in-person interview and received an email with detailed instructions for interview. Appearance is very important-- dress to impress (they have a pretty strict dress-code). When you arrive, you are given a few tests (some for accuracy, some essay questions.. it really depends on the job you're applying for). Tests are pretty easy. Don't stress. Actual interview was very pleasant. If your interview with the HR rep goes well, you will speak with the supervisor of whichever area you're applying to. That "second interview" is basically the supervisor deciding if you will be a good fit for that dept. There's a tour of the building mixed in there somewhere. I think it took a while to hear back. Maybe just over a week? Response arrives via email with an offer letter and other related documents. Overall, I enjoyed working there. Pay is very decent, benefits-- not so much. Left because I didn't see any future there for myself. Advancement comes to the select few who will wait for it. Great stepping stone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but I think you could if you had more than the minimum qualifications.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Central Transport (Warren, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR rep from HR-1, who asked some questions over the phone and then set up an interview. The interview was very pleasant. First I had to take some basic tests, to measure personality and visual speed and write out the answers to a few questions. Then the interviewer took me onto her office to go over the details of my application, resume and the company. When that was done, she led me back to the collections department where I had a casual interview with the collections manager. She was very outgoing and easy to talk to. We wound up talking for over an hour, but it was very pleasant. Waiting for some news now, but iy seems like a great place to work.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Central Transport (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from the recruiter right away. Face to face a week later at a local diner. I was told offer was extend but assessment needed to be complete. Complete assessment and paper work for background check. Its been 2 mo and still no word on were I stand. Still no training date or official offer paper have been extended.

Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Central Transport (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Terrible. Unprofessional. Not What I expected whatsoever. I have a few years experience in trucking and have not very much experience with a place run like this. If you are interested in trucking, stay away from Central Transport

Dock Worker Interview

Interview

If you have experience and can communicate well, you will get the job,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

set hourly rate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Central Transport.

Interview

Took a few assessments to make sure you have basic computer skills.

Interview Questions

• Nothing Unexpected...basic customer service related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Central Transport (Warren, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

They called you into a back office and did a standard interview nothing really special but I can tell you that the woman who interviews is a real shady character never liked her at all

Interview Questions

• How much customer service experience I had?   1 Answer