Central Transport Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.2

Local P&D Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by phone everything was great after taking my drug screen, everything all of a sudden changed. I've never gone as far I went with a company, only to have the company rescind on my application without any reason.

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport.

Interview

It was a good interview process. Waited about two to three weeks to hear from them and then I put my two week notice in with my current job. I started working shortly after that. They answered any of the questions I asked about the company. Remained in good contact throughout the hiring.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working on tractor trailers?   Answer Question

Line Haul Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport.

Interview

Not much pretty informal the place is desperate for employee so they take in anyone. the manager seems pretty laid back so the interview went well. The interviewer made it comfortable for me to take the job. people seems friendly enough. Somehow the interview does not seem like much of an interview more like a welcome aboard meeting.

Central Transport Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport in April 2015.

Interview

Sent in resume online and then received a call in about a week and had a brief interview on the phone and set of for in person interview very friendly HR appearance is very important very strict dress code. Had interview with HR rep then interview with department manager to get to know what the department was really about. Takes about another week or so to get a call back if you get the job (not sure how to find out if you didn't or why) over all very structured interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a lesson a A teacher or manager has taught you   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Central Transport (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

1. What do you like about our business? How would you change what you don’t like? This question does two things. First, it gives you insight into how a candidate will verbalize something they don’t like. Will they talk about the problem and then immediately suggest a solution, or will they tell you that your business is perfect when in reality, it probably isn’t? Look for people who talk 5 percent about the problem and 95 percent about the solution. Related: 6 Tips for Hiring at Your Small Business By asking how they’d change what they don’t like, you get a chance to hear how they’d go about solving problems. For example, if they say your customer service stinks but can’t suggest even a basic idea to fix it, what chance do they have of fixing problems when they’re working for you? Will they just give up and move on to something else? Probably. The best employees solve problems fast and on their own. 2. Which book are you currently reading? Passionate people tend to read books or listen to audio books to improve their skills. Whether the books are specific to a skill such as sales and marketing or they’re reading a book focused on self-development doesn’t matter, they are all good signs. If they’re reading a fiction book and haven’t read an educational book for a while, that’s a red flag to me. Superstars are always looking to better themselves, and the smartest people I know are always learning and absorbing new information. 3. Tell me about a problem you were tasked with solving in your current job. How did you fix it? Again, this surfaces their problem solving and creative thinking skills or lack thereof. Did they have a thoughtful approach to solving the problem or did they pass it on to someone else? 4. What’s the one thing you’ve accomplished in your career that you’re most proud of? This gives you insight into what makes them tick and also lets you assess how they define success. If, for example, they worked at their previous company for 12 years and their biggest accomplishment was beating their sales target in a single quarter, they may not be a superstar. On the other hand, if they were promoted five times in their previous role during a two-year period, then you may have a superstar on your hands. Related: 7 Traits of Truly Sensational Startup Employees 5. Have you played any team sports before? People who play team sports such as basketball, soccer and rowing are driven, focused on achieving goals and physically fit, which helps keep their mind in peak condition. Generally, they will also be great communicators, cope well under pressure and perform well during team events. 6. What do you do for fun? Balance is an important part of success, and I’ve found that superstars strive to do well in most, if not all, areas of their life including physical fitness, relationships contribution and learning. As an example, if someone hits the gym three days a week, volunteers on Saturdays and is learning how to play the piano “just for fun,” then it’s fair to say they value achievement, goal setting and are continually looking to improve themselves. This will translate into their job. 7. 'I’m not sure you’re a fit for the role…' This one works best when you’re hiring people with strong personalities that need to push through constantly hearing “no,” such as for sales reps or sales leaders, and it’s more of a comment than a question. By simply making this statement, they can do one of three things. They can ignore you and skip over the comment. They can agree and try to move on. Or, they can try to sell you on the benefits of bringing them into your business, specifically focusing on the main reasons you can’t afford not to hire them. These questions aren’t a silver bullet for hiring superstars, but they’ve allowed me to better decide between people who will and won’t be a fit in the business, and their ability to achieve success in their role. Outside of asking questions, never overlook your gut feel during an interview. If something doesn’t feel right or you’re not absolutely certain about hiring someone, then say no -- every time. It will take longer to hire the right person, but you want to build a company full of people that are right for their roles, instead of people that came along at the right time.

Warren HQ (Corporate Office) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport (Warren, MI).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call (brief phone interview) from HR (actually a sister company to Central Transport). Scheduled in-person interview and received an email with detailed instructions for interview. Appearance is very important-- dress to impress (they have a pretty strict dress-code). When you arrive, you are given a few tests (some for accuracy, some essay questions.. it really depends on the job you're applying for). Tests are pretty easy. Don't stress. Actual interview was very pleasant. If your interview with the HR rep goes well, you will speak with the supervisor of whichever area you're applying to. That "second interview" is basically the supervisor deciding if you will be a good fit for that dept. There's a tour of the building mixed in there somewhere. I think it took a while to hear back. Maybe just over a week? Response arrives via email with an offer letter and other related documents. Overall, I enjoyed working there. Pay is very decent, benefits-- not so much. Left because I didn't see any future there for myself. Advancement comes to the select few who will wait for it. Great stepping stone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but I think you could if you had more than the minimum qualifications.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Transport (Warren, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR rep from HR-1, who asked some questions over the phone and then set up an interview. The interview was very pleasant. First I had to take some basic tests, to measure personality and visual speed and write out the answers to a few questions. Then the interviewer took me onto her office to go over the details of my application, resume and the company. When that was done, she led me back to the collections department where I had a casual interview with the collections manager. She was very outgoing and easy to talk to. We wound up talking for over an hour, but it was very pleasant. Waiting for some news now, but iy seems like a great place to work.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Central Transport (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from the recruiter right away. Face to face a week later at a local diner. I was told offer was extend but assessment needed to be complete. Complete assessment and paper work for background check. Its been 2 mo and still no word on were I stand. Still no training date or official offer paper have been extended.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport (Pearl, MS) in August 2014.

Interview

A recruiter called me after finding my resume on line. I replied by going in to apply. After that I seat down with Terminal Manager, and talked about what was available. I took the offer for P&D driver to work the city. Then after phone interview , they sent me for a drug screen the next day and passed and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• basic driving skills and experience   1 Answer

Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Central Transport (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Terrible. Unprofessional. Not What I expected whatsoever. I have a few years experience in trucking and have not very much experience with a place run like this. If you are interested in trucking, stay away from Central Transport