Centric Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Centric Consulting.

Interview

Went through three separate interviews. 1 technical, 2 behavioral interviews. Technical interview was average to difficult. Mostly a white board interview. Other interviews were with HR and Partners of the firm. The over all process took over a week. The behavioral interviews are to check if you are the right fit for the firm. There is a lot of focus on being the right cultural fit. There aren't really any wrong/right answers for such questions. It helps to be clear with future plans.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Centric Consulting.

Interview

This was actually my "second" interview with Centric. My first interview went nowhere since the first recruiter was swamped by having to screen so many resumes and interviews. I complained and got a different recruiter to look over my resume. Carmen was very professional and is a rare gem in how a professional and cordial recruiter should be in the IT industry. Unfortunately, I was unable to get to the next steps since Centric, like every other company, is looking for that proverbial purple squirrel or perfect candidate. Another problem is that they post generic positions on their website and when it comes down to specifics, one finds out later that they were looking for something much more specific with different skillsets.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Centric Consulting (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with the recruiting team and then with key members of the project I was being submitted for. Overall I talked to 4 different people over a two week process. They were very flexible to meet my schedule.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions. A lot of conversation based questions dealing with my background and career goals.   Answer Question

Jul 22, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Glad to hear you had a good candidate experience. Welcome to the team! - Carmen Fontana, National Recruiting Manager

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Centric Consulting (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was contacted very quickly and the interview was nice and professional. Good communication on their part. The interviewer was good at making me feel comfortable and asked great questions.

Interview Questions

Centric Consulting Response

Apr 17, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. As we continue to grow, we will likely have more internal roles available. While it didn’t work out this time, we hope you keep us in mind in the ... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Centric Consulting.

Interview

Went through a series of interviews meeting many people in the Cleveland office. Nothing to out of the ordinary, they just wanted to make sure you are a good fit for their business. After finishing my last interview I heard back from them fairly quickly. Just do basic research about their company and make sure it is the type of place you are looking for.

Interview Questions

Centric Consulting Response

Mar 30, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

I'm glad you had a good experience with our Campus Recruiting program. Welcome to the Centric team! -Carmen Fontana

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Centric Consulting (Campus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus and had an on campus interview for 30minutes. Just some questions about my experience and the recruiter talked about their current works.The whole interview has nothing to do with techniques. I am just not the kind of people they are looking for

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you said you are sensitive to the new technologies.   Answer Question

Mar 30, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for participating in our Campus Recruiting program. Unfortunately we can only hire a limited number of entry level candidates. However, we have many more openings for experienced ... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Centric Consulting (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Multiple interviews dealing with culture fit, skill set and then finally partner meetings. Centric takes the time to fully vet you by making sure you meet with multiple people in the firm. They also give you the chance the find out what makes this company so unique and different from other firms their size.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiations. They come in with a fair salary based on comp reports they run.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Like many companies you have a screening interview followed by multiple other interviews. What is different at Centric is that the multiple other interviews don't take you through a defined process with HR. Instead, you keep meeting with your future peers as well as the leadership in the office until 1. both sides are comfortable that there is a good match and 2. Centric has some client work lined up for you to start delivering on day 1.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult for me was expressing where I wanted to be in 5 years when I am not sure about all of the opportunities available   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiating. I was informed they thought the offer was fair for my skills and admittedly it was in line with other offers I had.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Centric Consulting (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Not structured. You most likely know more than the person interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Who are you friends with in Centric and/or who referred you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The Partners are seriously greedy and will fight with you as to why you don't deserve what you think you are worth.

Mobile Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Centric Consulting (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Long interview process to make sure culture fit. Gave both sides the opportunity to see how the other worked. I spoke with several people from different functional groups within the company. The process lasted several months. There were several periods of inactivity followed by periods of rapid acceleration. Overall, there was little doubt on either side by the time an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Mar 30, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

As you mentioned, our interview process can be lengthy but it’s so both sides can really get to know each other. Glad you liked what you saw – thanks for joining Centric! - Carmen Fontana