Centro

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Centro in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and through an employee referral and heard back immediately the next day. I had two phone interviews, then a one hour interview in-person with the hiring manage, then I interviewed with four of the team members, which took up half of a work day. I was really confident but then heard back that they didn't want to move forward with me because they went with someone with more experience and that they'd reach out if any other positions opened up.

ONE day later, I get another call from Centro saying another AM position had opened up! I was super excited but I had to do one more one hour interview in-person. I waited nearly a month before I actually heard back from the recruiter saying that "fortunately they had a large pool of applicants" but that they were going with someone "more aligned with the role." Whatever that means. So not only was I rejected once, I was rejected twice.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions...just asked about my experience and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Centro in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, heard back next business day. 30 min phone interview with HR recruiter then hour long phone interview with hiring manager. Was told I would hear something either way "in a couple days". Never did. My follow up emails were ignored and I never heard anything from anyone. I didn't expect an engraved invitation but most companies at least send an "it's not you, it's us. we've decided to see other candidates" email when you're out of the running. Great looking list of benefits but pretty disorganized.

Interview Question – Pretty standard stuff. Three greatest strengths, weaknesses, most difficult situation you've dealt with.   Answer Question

Billing Specialist Interview

Billing Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Centro in April 2014.

Interview Details – The company had all the benefits and perks that I can dream of. I was exceptionally excited to have the opportunity to interview with them. I went through two phone interviews, and two in person. After the first in person interview, the interviewer at that point knew all of my work experience and background... So I thought it was great that I was pushed forward to the fourth and final interview! I was told that I would be interviewed by other members of the team to make sure I was a good fit. I was scheduled for the final round with 4 individuals from the Finance team, and I though I did well.
Unfortunately, I did not receive an offer. They told me they were going in another direction, but their only reasoning or feedback was that the manager wished I had another year of experience. Besides that, I was told by HR that I was liked by the team. It was very upsetting that I was not given a chance... Especially after 4 interviews! They knew exactly what my experience entailed from the early stages, so I'm not sure why they would continue to push me forward to the commencing stage if it wasn't enough for them. I wish I would have gotten a chance to show my worth.

The process was very long. From the first phone call, to the last notification that I did not receive the job took about 2 months. Good luck to all interviewees.

Interview Question – What was your THREE top weaknesses?   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Centro in March 2011.

Interview Details – Typically you get phone screened and then if you fit the role, a panel of Centro employees will be set up to meet with each for about 30 minutes. After this, you would talk with Talent and Development and the offer letter could follow.

Interview Question – Centro's process can take a while, which is frustrating when you are going through the process, but I do appreciate it more from the inside. You will meet with a panel of people after the initial screening, so be prepared for questions about your experience, your challenges and how you respond, and your ability & desire to work with a team and get involved.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Centro offers a good salary base for most job levels, but it also offers you a great life/balance as part of your compensation.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Centro in April 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is very long. You will have initial phone screens, then at least 5 in-person interviews, and then additional phone screens.

Negotiation Details – They keep pressuring the "total rewards package" but also bear in mind that your commission can fluctuate.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Centro in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is very in depth which is a good thing in order to tell if they like you and you like them. There is a phone screen followed by a panel in the office interview followed by someone in HR speaking to you. Centro has a specific culture and wants to make sure that the person being interviewed fits into that culture!

Interview Question – Typical behavioral interview.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Centro in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews, and had to go in to the office twice, which kind of sucked, because I had to take off work both times, the first time was just so I could attend a one-hour interview. They are very thorough, and require four references, including a manger.

Interview Question – URL shortening application. List test cases.   View Answer

Campaign Analyst Coordinator Interview

Campaign Analyst Coordinator

Interviewed at Centro

Interview Details – Applied for the position online and heard back from them in about a week or two. I was given a phone interview which asked standard questions and some more pertinent questions about digital marketing and tech experience. The staff were very professional and amicable, and the woman who conducted my interview was helpful in explaining more about the company and was personable.

Interview Question – How do you think you would fit in to a role in digital marketing?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Centro in February 2014.

Interview Details – Generally was a good experience. I learned a lot about what the company does and found it was interesting product they are building. They have a big task ahead of them and many people to hire. Not sure how all the players fit in to the overall goals of the company. Seemed to be one to many management layers. They were also very protective of the intellectual property. I never saw the application for the position I was applying for.

Interview Question – what may favorite web site was?   View Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Centro.

Interview Details – It was a hiring manager who called and asked the questions given while typing out your answers. She asked typical roleplaying questions such as "If a team member was slacking, what would you do?" or "Were you ever in a position where you did something that wasn't required of you to do on the job?" All pretty easy, also make sure to read their manifesto, she asked me to choose one trait from it that I was like and one that I was least like and to explain.

Interview Question – What do like about online advertising?   Answer Question

Worked for Centro? Contribute to the Community!