Centro

2.9

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Centro in August 2014.

Introduced to the opportunity by a 3rd party recruiter. Phone screen with HR, then national department director, then hiring manager, then panel in-person interview. I did the initial phone screens with HR and the national department manager within a week and then they decided to table this position (and all hiring company wide) for about 6 weeks. Once the process proceeded, I had a phone call with the hiring manager and then an in person interview with the hiring manager and a few staff members within ten days. The interview questions themselves weren't very difficult, there were questions on background and a few technical questions as well.

I thought I knocked it out of the park and got along really well with the staff that I interviewed with and impulsively checked my e-mail and phone messages for the next few days expecting an offer. After about a week I resigned myself to the fact that it was unlikely to happen and when I got a call a couple of weeks later confirming that they had moved on with another candidate, I wasn't surprised. Although, the hiring manager told me it was roughly 6 months from his last interview to when they offered him a position, so I guess you never know with these guys.

Interview Questions
    • If you were stranded on a desert island with three celebrities, which ones would you choose?   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Centro in June 2014.

Applied online, heard back next business day. 30 min phone interview with HR recruiter then hour long phone interview with hiring manager. Was told I would hear something either way "in a couple days". Never did. My follow up emails were ignored and I never heard anything from anyone. I didn't expect an engraved invitation but most companies at least send an "it's not you, it's us. we've decided to see other candidates" email when you're out of the running. Great looking list of benefits but pretty disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff. Three greatest strengths, weaknesses, most difficult situation you've dealt with.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Centro in May 2014.

I applied online and through an employee referral and heard back immediately the next day. I had two phone interviews, then a one hour interview in-person with the hiring manage, then I interviewed with four of the team members, which took up half of a work day. I was really confident but then heard back that they didn't want to move forward with me because they went with someone with more experience and that they'd reach out if any other positions opened up.

ONE day later, I get another call from Centro saying another AM position had opened up! I was super excited but I had to do one more one hour interview in-person. I waited nearly a month before I actually heard back from the recruiter saying that "fortunately they had a large pool of applicants" but that they were going with someone "more aligned with the role." Whatever that means. So not only was I rejected once, I was rejected twice.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions...just asked about my experience and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Centro in April 2014.

The company had all the benefits and perks that I can dream of. I was exceptionally excited to have the opportunity to interview with them. I went through two phone interviews, and two in person. After the first in person interview, the interviewer at that point knew all of my work experience and background... So I thought it was great that I was pushed forward to the fourth and final interview! I was told that I would be interviewed by other members of the team to make sure I was a good fit. I was scheduled for the final round with 4 individuals from the Finance team, and I though I did well.
    Unfortunately, I did not receive an offer. They told me they were going in another direction, but their only reasoning or feedback was that the manager wished I had another year of experience. Besides that, I was told by HR that I was liked by the team. It was very upsetting that I was not given a chance... Especially after 4 interviews! They knew exactly what my experience entailed from the early stages, so I'm not sure why they would continue to push me forward to the commencing stage if it wasn't enough for them. I wish I would have gotten a chance to show my worth.

The process was very long. From the first phone call, to the last notification that I did not receive the job took about 2 months. Good luck to all interviewees.

Campaign Analyst Coordinator Interview

Applied for the position online and heard back from them in about a week or two. I was given a phone interview which asked standard questions and some more pertinent questions about digital marketing and tech experience. The staff were very professional and amicable, and the woman who conducted my interview was helpful in explaining more about the company and was personable.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you would fit in to a role in digital marketing?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Centro in March 2014.

I had two phone interviews, and had to go in to the office twice, which kind of sucked, because I had to take off work both times, the first time was just so I could attend a one-hour interview. They are very thorough, and require four references, including a manger.

Interview Questions
    • URL shortening application. List test cases.   View Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Centro.

It was a hiring manager who called and asked the questions given while typing out your answers. She asked typical roleplaying questions such as "If a team member was slacking, what would you do?" or "Were you ever in a position where you did something that wasn't required of you to do on the job?" All pretty easy, also make sure to read their manifesto, she asked me to choose one trait from it that I was like and one that I was least like and to explain.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Centro in February 2014.

Generally was a good experience. I learned a lot about what the company does and found it was interesting product they are building. They have a big task ahead of them and many people to hire. Not sure how all the players fit in to the overall goals of the company. Seemed to be one to many management layers. They were also very protective of the intellectual property. I never saw the application for the position I was applying for.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Centro.

I was contacted within a day of sending in my resume and had a phone interview scheduled with HR for the following day. The phone interview was pretty standard: describe your past experiences, what are you looking for in a new position, etc. The woman interviewing me was very friendly, but was unable to answer my more job-specific questions - which made it difficult to ask any questions as she had already covered those things that I had initially wanted to know about the company in general. I was weeded out before the next round of interviews, but during the initial phone interview was told that the next steps would be two more phone interviews and then, for a final round, an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me three reasons why you want to work for Centro.   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Centro in October 2013.

The whole Centro interview process is extremely long (this can be a good thing because it shows they care about who they hire). There were two initial phone interviews that were around 30 mins long each. Finally, I got called in for an in person interview. This was roughly an hour or so. However the interview was with the same lady I spoke to on both phone interviews so I felt like we had nothing left to talk about. It was just repeating what we talked about before. Thinking this would be the final interview I find out that there is ANOTHER (4th) interview before they make a final decision. What else could we possibly talk about. In the end it just shows they care about who they hire and want to make sure its a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me what my weaknesses were. But this is a typical hard question for anyone to answer.   Answer Question