Centura College

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

MA Coordinator Interview

MA Coordinator

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Centura College.

Interview Details – I offered this position when it became available, I felt it was offered to me because of proir experience.The duties of the position was presented to me, but did have a few bumps in the path but it was expected as with any new position

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate a increase in my salary,

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Richmond, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Centura College.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called a week later. The person that called gave one day with a specific time in the afternoon. If you cannot make that time they do not get back with you. I was able to make the time. So I get there in the afternoon and they have me fill out a paper application. Once I returned the application, they let me sit out in a room for 7 minutes. Once I was called in the office of the interviewer, I was asked about my education and why admissions and why Centura. One thing that I was asked is, how would I react to individuals that come from an urban background and how I could relate with them. I answered based on my ethnicity. Obviously the interviewer liked my answer because they continued with the interview. He/She let me know that it was not a sales job and what I would eb doing and what my daily duties would be. I was then asked if I could perform those duties. I said yes. The interview then ended and was told that they would be in touch with me. It took two and a half weeks before I actually received an answer. I got a call to come in and interview with the campus director.
I cam in for that interview and basically the only thing that I was asked was why I picked to work in education and that they have a lot of students that come in and need to change their life and what would I say to relate to them and get them to sign. I explained my situation with life and education and I would relate that to the student. The director liked my answer. I was then told that they would get back to me, that they had a few more people to interview. I received a call a week later and was offered the job.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not a negotiation rate, I was told was the position paid and that was it.

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Centura College in September 2012.

Interview Details – Crazy process. Corporate calls, then a panel interview & role play inetrview.

Interview Question – How do you feel about getting audit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No roomto negotiate

Corporate Financial Aid Officer Interview

Corporate Financial Aid Officer
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Centura College in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initially sent in resume through career website and was called the same day. Had an interview 3 days later in Virginia Beach.Interview was a panel interview of three people including the Supervisor and two Senior Financial Aid Officers. I admit the office culture was initially alarming because it seemed a bit unprofessional by the conversations among employees in the lobby even though there were clearly guests present. There were about 20 questions and they gave you a list ahead of time.

Interview Question – None too difficult..basics like "why should we hire you" or "describe yourself in 3 words"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Financial Aid Advisor
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Centura College in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through the internet, was asked some really good questions and given really good information.
What are your strengths? weaknesses?
How do you feel about self implied learning?
How do you feel about change?
What do you know about financial aid?
Situational questions

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which it was difficult in the work place?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Centura College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centura College interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Centura College employees and interview candidates.