Century 21 Department Stores

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in March 2012.

Interview Details – Pre-screening through WorkForce1. Second interview with HR head, third interview with department head.

Interview Question – Can't recall. Basic stuff.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details – I got the job through a career counselor in my college. I came in on a Friday and HR were clueless on who I was. I eventually walked away and gained enough courage to come back and try again. I met with a woman named Britney who took me through the interview process. It was casual and easy and I was offered employment on the spot.

Interview Question – Describe a pleasant customer service experience you're had? Now describe a negative one?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase the hours and pay are set.

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was short and sweet. Straight to the point, none of those unexpected weird questions.

Be sure to wear black dress clothes and be polite. Speak clearly and try not to be nervous. The whole process is straightforward.

Interview Question – There were honestly no difficult questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through workforce 1. They did a brief orientation on what to expect from Century (as well as a few pointers on what hiring managers expect), and was given a math test. Workforce 1 instructed me to then apply online. After I passed the online questionaire I was emailed to come to the store. There, a group of about 10-15 people including myself were given another math test. After the math test, myself and 4 others were brought upstairs for a group interview. After the interview 3 out of the 5 of us were offered jobs on the spot. We then picked our schedules.

Interview Questions

• In school or work, when have you made a mistake and what did you do to correct that mistake?   Answer Question
  • Name your greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you had to work with others, whether at work or school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, pay starts at $7.25/h.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in February 2012.

Interview Details – This is Century 21 near West 66 Street, New York, NY. You go in you tell a worker you came in for a interview they direct upstairs in a back room where the employers/ managers are and they give you a Math test sheet to test your ability to calculate, I'm guessing for the Cashier part of the job. After you finish and the other group is finished they call a group of about 6 and ask you a few questions.

Questions to the group:

Name one time you think you put a lot of effort in your work?

Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourselves and name one thing we wouldn't know about you by looking at you?   Answer Question
  • Name one time you went out of your way for a customer/stranger/ co worker who is not a friend?   Answer Question
  • Name one time you think you put a lot of effort in your work?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – Taking calls while interview was in progress should have been a sign of the unprofessional nature.

Interview Question – Do you regret anything in life?   View Answer

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in August 2010.

Interview Details – applied online than called in , and when i got there the manager said i had to apply inperson so i applied right there and handed her the app and than she asked some basic questions , and than offered any position she had availble

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – none .

Sales Associate

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in March 2010.

Interview Details – Its an on the spot hiring

Interview Question – How can you describe a situation if a guest is being rude?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Century 21 Department Stores

Worked for Century 21 Department Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Century 21 Department Stores Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Century 21 Department Stores employees and interview candidates.