Century 21 Department Stores

Updated Aug 6, 2014

1.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Century 21 Department Stores.

EASY PROCESS it was at the fulton street location.. but it kinds seemed like high school the way the associates were so petty and immature about situations. all in all the weekly pay was OK.. i did overnight.wasnt the best job but it helped my sneakr addiction.

Other Interview Reviews for Century 21 Department Stores

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Century 21 Department Stores.

The interviewing process was short and sweet. Straight to the point, none of those unexpected weird questions.

Be sure to wear black dress clothes and be polite. Speak clearly and try not to be nervous. The whole process is straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in August 2013.

I got the job through a career counselor in my college. I came in on a Friday and HR were clueless on who I was. I eventually walked away and gained enough courage to come back and try again. I met with a woman named Britney who took me through the interview process. It was casual and easy and I was offered employment on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a pleasant customer service experience you're had? Now describe a negative one?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation phase the hours and pay are set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in April 2013.

I applied through workforce 1. They did a brief orientation on what to expect from Century (as well as a few pointers on what hiring managers expect), and was given a math test. Workforce 1 instructed me to then apply online. After I passed the online questionaire I was emailed to come to the store. There, a group of about 10-15 people including myself were given another math test. After the math test, myself and 4 others were brought upstairs for a group interview. After the interview 3 out of the 5 of us were offered jobs on the spot. We then picked our schedules.

Interview Questions
    • In school or work, when have you made a mistake and what did you do to correct that mistake?   Answer Question
    • Name your greatest accomplishment.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to work with others, whether at work or school.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, pay starts at $7.25/h.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in January 2013.

I applied online around 10pm the next day I recieved a call to come in for an interview for the following day, it was a group interview was asked questions based on pass work/school experience the interview was pretty easy. Everyone got hired

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in March 2012.

Pre-screening through WorkForce1. Second interview with HR head, third interview with department head.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in February 2012.

This is Century 21 near West 66 Street, New York, NY. You go in you tell a worker you came in for a interview they direct upstairs in a back room where the employers/ managers are and they give you a Math test sheet to test your ability to calculate, I'm guessing for the Cashier part of the job. After you finish and the other group is finished they call a group of about 6 and ask you a few questions.

Questions to the group:

Name one time you think you put a lot of effort in your work?

Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce yourselves and name one thing we wouldn't know about you by looking at you?   Answer Question
    • Name one time you went out of your way for a customer/stranger/ co worker who is not a friend?   Answer Question
    • Name one time you think you put a lot of effort in your work?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in September 2011.

Taking calls while interview was in progress should have been a sign of the unprofessional nature.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in August 2010.

applied online than called in , and when i got there the manager said i had to apply inperson so i applied right there and handed her the app and than she asked some basic questions , and than offered any position she had availble

none .

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in March 2010.

Its an on the spot hiring

Interview Questions
    • How can you describe a situation if a guest is being rude?   Answer Question