CenturyLink

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.7

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink in November 2014.

Interview was conducted over the phone. Great interview and the questions were fair. My answers were honest as I could be. No point in lying. He asked a lot about past experiences and how that would relate to the position at CenturyLink.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question
    Manager asked me what I was looking to make and I gave he him a number. They offered me just that and a yearly bonus, plus PTO and holidays.

Finance Sales Commissions Manager Interview

I had an in person interview scheduled. The manager called me and left a message that morning saying she had to reschedule. Told me her assistant would handle the reschedule. I did not hear back. I called several times and left several emails but no response. I finally sent a nasty email letting them know it was unprofessional how they handled the situation.

Customer Service Representative/Sales (Emphasis On SALES) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CenturyLink.

It's pretty much a gauntlet. You have the online application, then the mock systems billing application. You can complete those online at home or at the site. Then you take one of those personality test to see what kind of an obedient drone er uhm employee you'll be. Then usually within 24-48 hours someone usually emails you about setting up a time for an interview. Then at the interview you are taken to the side and given another computer test ( I guess to see if you are INDEED computer literate and didn't have someone take it for you) Then a manager gives you a face to face interview where customer service is never really discussed...ONLY SELL,SELL,SELL. They'll ask you to sell them some pens. The key word they are looking for is the word BUNDLE! After all of that they make you an offer on the spot usually (that is if you didn't completely mess it up) THEN you go back to the recruiting manager to sign up for drug testing, and background testing. *they're ALWAYS hiring so you have to be a REAL screw up not to make it*

Interview Questions
    • I was just surprised they didn't care about ALLLL of my customer service background?   Answer Question

Broadband Technician and POTS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink in October 2014.

I applied online. Had a face to face interview. During the pre-screen interview I was told, "Since you will have little or no seniority, there will be forced overtime. It is mandatory for new techs to work holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving. You'll have to work many Saturdays; sometimes on Sunday. If you planned a Friday night date, you may have to cancel it because you might be forced to work late. Since the Training Center has been closed, training will be provided at each Garage or Central office, if any training provided. Since this is a union job, the salary is take it or leave it no negotiation. I don't understand why you want to work outside; don't you think you are a little old?

During the 2nd or more technical interview I was told, "I like your education, experience, and familiarity with our systems, TBirds, T-1 circuits, Sonet, FO, central office hardware installation, and DSL circuits."

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work outside? Share with me a time you went above and beyond your duties in the workplace.   View Answer

The comment about my age caused me concerns (i.e. age discrimination.

Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CenturyLink in October 2014.

I've only done the primary online application and the test run with the 3 customers took 30 min haven't heard from them yet it was about a 2 hour process

Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CenturyLink.

3 step interview process. 1: Written battery of tests similar to ACT or SAT. 2. Sales aptitude. You are given 20 minutes to review a fictitious company and take incoming calls for 30 minutes. This was the most fun as at least one caller was responsive to add on sales, but at least one was an angry customer dissatisfied with past services. If handled correctly, even the angry customer was open to buying more. 3. Phone interview that is more like a psych test than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a tree, what kind would you be and why?   View Answer
    Union position. Here's the offer, take it or leave it.

Inbound Sales & Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink.

Applied online got an email saying that I needed to take assessments. I took assessments, then got another email stating that I had passed and someone from the recruiting dept. would be in contact. About 3 days later I recieved a call from someone in HR, did a prescreen interview to make sure I had the knowledge to do the job. She then moved my application to a hiring manager, hiring manager emailed me and asked me to setup an interview. I had an interview with manager, very easy interview in my opinion, she then wanted to do a mock sales call, which was easy for me also, Ive been doing sales for a long time. I asked her a couple of questions and then she stated she would let the recruiter know if I got the position or not. I sent her a thank you email after the interview, within 10 minutes I was offered the position, and was required to do drug test, background check and PC Scan.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt anything really unexpected, just be confident, and sale, if you are not good with sales I would say dont apply for this position. It will only stress you out.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, 10.50 to start and then 12.00 after probationary period which I plan on get to fairly quickly. You can make 9900 or more in Commission but I want more than that also.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CenturyLink.

I was hired on campus. There was an aptitude test where they selected the top 50% of the candidates for a group discussion. A few more candidates were eliminated from the group discussion and the rest were scheduled for interviews. There were two rounds of interviews. One technical and one by HR. The technical round was very chilled out. They just want to see you have good communication skills to interact well with the onshore teams. I had a few technical skills specified on my resume, so they asked a few very simple questions pertaining to that particular technology. The HR round is all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • I already had an offer from another company and had to justify why I would choose Centurylink over that company.   View Answer
    I was a fresher and was too naive to negotiate.

Tech Support (WAH) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink in August 2014.

I applied online, and automatically received screening tests. After passing all of those, and email was sent stating they would review and respond. 10 days later a recruiter emailed requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was relaxed and not difficult at all, taking around 30 minutes. Interviewer was very friendly and positive. A week later I recieved a call with an offer. Entry level position starting at $11 per hour base pay (not including commission and bonus), full benefits after 30 days.

Interview Questions
    • Share with me a time you went above and beyond your duties in the workplace.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, as this is a entry level position.

Director Alliances Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink in August 2014.

I initially talked with a recruiter and then talked with the hiring manager boss as hiring manager was out suddenly for medical issue. The interview lasted 25 minutes and i only got to speak for 5 minutes. I was told there would be another 30 minute interview set up to answer my additional questions but that did not happen. I feel i was not given a fair chance to talk and and express my value for the position

Interview Questions
    • only 1 question to me in 25 minutes, do you have any questions   Answer Question