CenturyLink Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Two on one star tactics not very much to it, simple and easy as long as you have experience in related fields. Not a fun job, you'll work alone and at times information will be held hostage

Customer Satisfaction Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CenturyLink in August 2015.

Interview

The telephonic round was set up pretty fast by the recruiting team but post the telephonic round no one got back to me with an update. My emails to request an update would all bounce back. The recruiter never answered my calls or returned any voice mails. It's ok to inform candidates if they did not get selected. Overall a very poor interview experience.

Interview Questions

• We are still like a startup. Would you be comfortable with an environment like ours.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Interview

Got called to interview 3 different times for different openings. Took several weeks to hear back. Typical interview questions. All seemed to ask me why I would be best person for the job.

Senior Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied Company Website. Received an e-mail from a recruiter to set-up a phone screen. Phone Screen included questions about my background and potential personality fit. Also they explained the position and some of the basic benefits. Second step was an interview with a 3 person panel at the corporate offices. They follow the STAR method for the first part of the interview. Basic "What have you done in this situation" questions. Just remember to be specific and use specific examples from your past. STAR Method for those that don't know: Situation - Task - Action - Result. Following the STAR questions they asked me to leave the room for a few minutes. When I came back in they said they would like to move forward with another step. They gave me a mock sales call situation with a fake company with fake products. I had to get to the "Next Step" in the process for the sales meeting. This did not require me to close the sale, but simply do a bit of fact finding and get a commitment for appropriate next steps. I received an offer two days later for more than what was initially outlined for the position. Started the next week.

Interview Questions

• The Mock Sales Pitch was a bit difficult due to time to prepare.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Very professional and understanding. Easy to get a good feel of the company. Engaged and answered any question that you may have no matter how ridiculous. As part of the interview they left the room and made a mock test call as if you were hired and gave great feedback at the end of it. Would definitely have anyone apply.

Interview Questions

• Is making more money a priority?   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. Discussed job resume, skills as a data analyst, database programmer and business intelligence application developer. Manager provided insights into responsibilities and challenges candidate is expected to successfully complete. Discussed ideas on how sales can be increased and how to better provide post-sales customer support. Manager emphasized the importance of focusing on initiatives to use technology, such as BI analytics, to drive greater sales and productivity.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable will you be transitioning from working as a contractor to working in a corporate setting?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Very professional, process took about a week all interviewers extremely informant, very good company to work for, excellent benefits, rewarded and acknowledged for exceptional performance, great, great, great place to work recommend 100 percent

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Monroe, LA).

Interview

1.) Phone Interview (2 weeks after online application was submitted) 2.) In person Interview (1 week after phone interview) 3.) Phone Interview with VP (1 week after in person interview) 4.) Offer (1 day after interview with VP

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenturyLink (San Marcos, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was an open interview setup so I went in and was called in to meet with an HR representative. I had met her at a job fair prior to coming in. She asked questions about my work history and explained the expectations of the position. Then I met with a supervisor who gave me more detail and did a role play to see how well I could explore sales opportunities in a conversational manner.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a position where you were expected to meet quotas?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate with the person making the offer. The commissions are based on performance and are added on to base pay, so I was told I can write my own paycheck based on my sales.

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, assessment test, email to schedule interview. phone interview process with recruiter for about and hour. Went over brief overview of the company, the position, and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • What have you done in tough situation at your previous or current job and what was the resolution to the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Accepted offer given.