CenturyLink Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Very professional, process took about a week all interviewers extremely informant, very good company to work for, excellent benefits, rewarded and acknowledged for exceptional performance, great, great, great place to work recommend 100 percent

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink (Monroe, LA).

Interview

1.) Phone Interview (2 weeks after online application was submitted)
    2.) In person Interview (1 week after phone interview)
    3.) Phone Interview with VP (1 week after in person interview)
    4.) Offer (1 day after interview with VP

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CenturyLink (San Marcos, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was an open interview setup so I went in and was called in to meet with an HR representative. I had met her at a job fair prior to coming in. She asked questions about my work history and explained the expectations of the position. Then I met with a supervisor who gave me more detail and did a role play to see how well I could explore sales opportunities in a conversational manner.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a position where you were expected to meet quotas?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate with the person making the offer. The commissions are based on performance and are added on to base pay, so I was told I can write my own paycheck based on my sales.

5425 S Samoran Blvd Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CenturyLink (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online with a link that a friend gave me, she works for them. I was called the next day for a phone interview and went in the following day for a personal interview, after a short and very scripted session of Q&A we moved on to a role-playing scenario where I answered a "Customer" call and I tried to sell them something, despite their disputes. They give you a packet to look over for 15 min and that's plenty of time to prepare. Overall it was easy.

Interview Questions

• What was one difficult situation you encountered and what did you do to solve it?   1 Answer

Lead Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Referred by a friend and already new my respective Manager so it was casual. He was aware of my qualifications. Second interview with another key member of team and moved fast after that. Got the job.

Interview Questions

• More conversational than quizzical but was asked about past experience, what I learned and how that knowledge could be used in this role.   1 Answer

Talent Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink (Monroe, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on a week day got a call from a recruiter three days later that asked me a few questions then said she would contact me if the hiring manager wanted to meet me if I fit her requirements. Two hours later she called back and set up an interview a week from that day. I went to the interview left the interview then I recieved a call to do a phone interview with the big boss. Asked about the same questions not sure why he couldn't just been in the initial interview in both interviews they mention that they would call at the end of the week or early next week to let you know if they wanted to offer or decline you a position. I been checking to see if the position was taken off the website it was. I think they did it yesterday or a couple days ago so they must have offered somebody the position. Very unprofessional for bosses to tell you something they are going to do then never do it. It's mid-week and still no call. I'm disappointed how the whole recruitering process went and the lack of contact I never was given an email, phone number, or exact office address if I needed to contact someone for any questions. Would have loved to sent a thank you note ,but with that many people working there if I just sent it to the main address without knowing how to address it then the hiring manager may never got it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink in May 2015.

Interview

HR contacted and set up time to have manager directly call candidate for phone interview with company. Engaging but more concerned more about application development experience than security experience. Plus if candidate is a people person and has leadership skills. Further interviews will follow after other candidates are interviewd and paired down to the top candidates. No timeline given on when interview process will continue, likely hinting at the process being over.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as a application developer?   Answer Question

L1 Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CenturyLink (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

submit an online application then a Short Interview with Human Resource recruiter over the phone then a 1 hour interview with a supervisor. then wait for an offer. that's it there is no more

Interview Questions

• how would you handle an angry customer   1 Answer

Lead Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Very positive experience throughout. I initially applied for a different position, but the hiring manager for it thought that my background and experience would be a better match for another position available under a different manager. I interviewed with the hiring manager and VP. Also interviewed with other sales team members and members of the service management team. All these interviews were done within a week.

I am very impressed as to how quickly the hiring process went. Hopefully it is indicative of the company's ability to get things done for its clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the sales opportunity that you are most proud of closing, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did my research on what the job market pays for my experience and skill set. So I came to the table with a fair and competitive compensation request and it was the basis for what was offered.

Senior Inside Relashionship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a response within 48 hours for a phone screen, next step was phone interview, after the phone interview I was scheduled for a 3 panel fave to face interview that lasted about 1 1/2 hours. I was offered the position within 48hrs of face to face interview, after the face to face interview they sent me a question and answer email about all of my precious employment compensation, starting and ending pay. Since I was paid mostly all comissoon it was important to state that in the notes because they used this information during the salary negotiations. Definitely make sure that you start high because they will initially try to negotiate with you. Initial offer was $42,500 settled on $48,000.

Interview Questions

• Was a panel interview that lasted 1 1/2 hours with 2 sales managers. Both of the manahers where clear and consise with their questions and they where both really nice and honest about the posturing and the job requirements. Be prepared to talk about anything and everything you have put on your resume. Asked a lot about previous work experienced and how I handlers different scenarios.   1 Answer