CenturyLink

2.7

Lead Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink in February 2015.

Great interview. Completely open and very informative. they were willing to work with me on times and we're very flexible. Complete transparency on the position and what it entailed. Looking forward to follow up interview soon. the interview itself was very conversational and easy going.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing you'd be willing to do for free?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink in February 2015.

Basic team style interview, with a shift supervisor and two senior engineers. Supervisor made introductions then exited. Supervisor in training entered to observe. All questions were presented by the engineers. The subject matter was general networking, and the questions were fairly simple. Examples include routing, DHCP, QoS, Ethernet and overall approach to troubleshooting.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions centered on general networking, with a few behavioral inquiries for good measure.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Found the job posting thru Glassdoor. Was redirected to Centurylink website. Created username and password to register an account for employment application and applied directly. About a week later, I received a phone call asking to schedule an interview with me. That was this week Monday, had my interview on Tuesday morning. It's only been a couple days but have not heard anything back yet. As far as the interview process and how it went..., very smoothly. Prompt, professional, organized, and pleasantly friendly. Was interviewed by a panel of two staff members, the Sales Manager and the Director of Human Resources. They both took turns asking me questions throughout the process. Mostly standar interview questions. Both were very nice and friendly, non intimidating at all.

Questions asked:

-Tell us a little bit about yourself, work history/experience wise.

-What position are you applying for? Do you know what position you're applying for?

-What skills do you have pertaining to this position you're applying for?

-Do you have sales experience, and if so, how many years of experience do you have? Tell us a little about your experience (in what field; retail, service, etc...)

-What makes you the best candidate for this job and why should we hire you over other candidates?

-Being that this is a sales job, and although there is a base pay, it's strongly commission based. What are your salary expectations for the next year?

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a job where there was a quota requirement to meet? And if so, tell us how often you meet or exceeded you goal/quota.   View Answer

Senior Commercial Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CenturyLink.

formally submitted application and a tailored CL, then got a response later that day. Interview consists of initial phone screen interview, then a face to face. That's it. They like to move quickly because they are trying to fill their next training class, which is scheduled each month (consisting with 1 week local and 3 weeks out of state).

Interview Questions
    • questions were fairly straight forward and not too difficult. I was asked about my previous salary history and what my expectations were for the job. I was also asked about what made me successful in prior positions and times where I failed. I was also asked why I wanted to work for the company.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at CenturyLink.

Applied via a personal reference and interviewed with hiring manager. After first meeting, applied online and then took a skills/aptitude test. Offer was made within 3 days and the communication from Human resources was excellent. There was no negotiation on the base pay / commission structure - was a straight foward "take it or leave it" offer. I accepted the offer and was onboarded within 3 weeks

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - take it or leave it

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink.

I applied for an intern position online. Got a strange phone call a week later first asking for additional information, then the caller made awkward and unsolicited critiques to my resume. I blew it off as posturing. Got another call later to schedule the interview. After the interview, there was no effort to contact me for weeks and all my emails were ignored.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. All behavioral questions. The people who interviewed me were very nice, though the interview seemed more general than for a specific position.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CenturyLink in December 2014.

I was contacted by a CenturyLink recruiter in November 2014 and had a phone interview shortly afterward. I then filled out the required forms on the company's website and was contacted by the hiring manager a day or so later. My interview was conducted at a local company office several weeks later with the hiring manager and a co-worker. The in-person interview was conducted professionally and lasted approximately one hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance where I didn't succeed or had difficulty meeting the objective   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink in November 2014.

Interview was conducted over the phone. Great interview and the questions were fair. My answers were honest as I could be. No point in lying. He asked a lot about past experiences and how that would relate to the position at CenturyLink.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question
    Manager asked me what I was looking to make and I gave he him a number. They offered me just that and a yearly bonus, plus PTO and holidays.

Finance Sales Commissions Manager Interview

I had an in person interview scheduled. The manager called me and left a message that morning saying she had to reschedule. Told me her assistant would handle the reschedule. I did not hear back. I called several times and left several emails but no response. I finally sent a nasty email letting them know it was unprofessional how they handled the situation.

Customer Service Representative/Sales (Emphasis On SALES) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CenturyLink.

It's pretty much a gauntlet. You have the online application, then the mock systems billing application. You can complete those online at home or at the site. Then you take one of those personality test to see what kind of an obedient drone er uhm employee you'll be. Then usually within 24-48 hours someone usually emails you about setting up a time for an interview. Then at the interview you are taken to the side and given another computer test ( I guess to see if you are INDEED computer literate and didn't have someone take it for you) Then a manager gives you a face to face interview where customer service is never really discussed...ONLY SELL,SELL,SELL. They'll ask you to sell them some pens. The key word they are looking for is the word BUNDLE! After all of that they make you an offer on the spot usually (that is if you didn't completely mess it up) THEN you go back to the recruiting manager to sign up for drug testing, and background testing. *they're ALWAYS hiring so you have to be a REAL screw up not to make it*

Interview Questions
    • I was just surprised they didn't care about ALLLL of my customer service background?   Answer Question