CenturyLink Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
154 interviews

2.7

Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CenturyLink.

3 step interview process. 1: Written battery of tests similar to ACT or SAT. 2. Sales aptitude. You are given 20 minutes to review a fictitious company and take incoming calls for 30 minutes. This was the most fun as at least one caller was responsive to add on sales, but at least one was an angry customer dissatisfied with past services. If handled correctly, even the angry customer was open to buying more. 3. Phone interview that is more like a psych test than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a tree, what kind would you be and why?   View Answer
    Union position. Here's the offer, take it or leave it.

Inbound Sales & Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CenturyLink.

Applied online got an email saying that I needed to take assessments. I took assessments, then got another email stating that I had passed and someone from the recruiting dept. would be in contact. About 3 days later I recieved a call from someone in HR, did a prescreen interview to make sure I had the knowledge to do the job. She then moved my application to a hiring manager, hiring manager emailed me and asked me to setup an interview. I had an interview with manager, very easy interview in my opinion, she then wanted to do a mock sales call, which was easy for me also, Ive been doing sales for a long time. I asked her a couple of questions and then she stated she would let the recruiter know if I got the position or not. I sent her a thank you email after the interview, within 10 minutes I was offered the position, and was required to do drug test, background check and PC Scan.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt anything really unexpected, just be confident, and sale, if you are not good with sales I would say dont apply for this position. It will only stress you out.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, 10.50 to start and then 12.00 after probationary period which I plan on get to fairly quickly. You can make 9900 or more in Commission but I want more than that also.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CenturyLink in March 2014.

You have to pass the computer req. first, then there is an online test, finally you are scheduled for a phone interview.....then a mock sales call....you will know exactly what time the sales call will be, so you have time to prepare and be right there and ready. You are given material to have in front of you during the phone interview...it's a mock sales call where the manager calls you pretending to be a customer. You will need to be positive and make the sale, be confident even if you're freaking out inside, smile and be upbeat keep offering, overcome the objections, ask probing questions, ask for the sale....."I can get you signed up today...okay"

Interview Questions
    • The sales call was the most difficult part...just stay positive and keep talking asking questions, and asking for the sale....I had to ask at least 3 times....she isn't going to just sign up immediately.   Answer Question

IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CenturyLink in July 2014.

Took a month for them to respond after I sent my application, then I got a phone interview from manager, okay, then I was sent to North Jersey for an interview (Video Interview), the manager and other guy. Basically, this step could be skipped because it is a video interview, why couldn't they use skype!? I traveled 2 hours just for that video interview. Okay, seemed like I got through, and phone interview was set up with the client. ... Then after a week or so .. no words from recruiter or the managers.. At first, I thought I got the job after 2 interviews, then the third interview with the client somehow didn't go through. I had no idea why. I did the same phone interview with Centurylink manager. According to the client manager, it will be another in-person interview if selected. I think I am not selected since no words coming from any one of them. But I do feel that is is way too many unnecessary interviews.

Acquisition Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I interviewed online - interviewed at CenturyLink in July 2014.

Had a great interview, 2 weeks ago. Was told to call on Monday, asked then to call cack at end of the week, calls go to voice mail? Ok if I didn't get the position, but an answer would be nice!

Interview Questions
    • If manager were gone for a month what would he find when he returns?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at CenturyLink.

I was hired on campus. There was an aptitude test where they selected the top 50% of the candidates for a group discussion. A few more candidates were eliminated from the group discussion and the rest were scheduled for interviews. There were two rounds of interviews. One technical and one by HR. The technical round was very chilled out. They just want to see you have good communication skills to interact well with the onshore teams. I had a few technical skills specified on my resume, so they asked a few very simple questions pertaining to that particular technology. The HR round is all behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • I already had an offer from another company and had to justify why I would choose Centurylink over that company.   View Answer
    I was a fresher and was too naive to negotiate.

Area Plant Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CenturyLink.

Basic interview questions in the STAR format (thats all they use!). Round table interview on the phone with 4 people asking questions. A little disjointed but thats how CL operates.

Interview Questions

Salary was less than the employees I would supervise. Made no sense.

Operations Tech III Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CenturyLink in July 2014.

Got a call. Set up interview, Called back the next day, was ganged up on, but I've had worse. I think it went ok, but I haven't heard back yet. Should know something soon.

Customer Account Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Apopka, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Apopka, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CenturyLink in May 2013.

A couple Sales Team Managers interview. The usual sales questions: When did you go out of your way for a customer, What was your greatest sale, how do you handle rejection, etc. If you pass this step they move you on to the Sales Department Manager who will make you an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you lost an important large sale.   View Answer

I negotiated a better offer and then accepted the position.

Systems Analyst/Programmer I Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CenturyLink.

The initial interview is normally scheduled by the manager. It can take up to a month to get a job offer from HR. They will call and offer it to you. When you enter, you will have to go through a guest gate. Once you get inside the building you will sit in a waiting area near the front desk until you are escorted by someone.

Interview Questions
    • They ask detailed questions about your experience with certain languages. They seem to avoid the standard questions that you can find on google.   Answer Question

Worked for CenturyLink? Contribute to the Community!