CenturyLink Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.7

Lead Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Very positive experience throughout. I initially applied for a different position, but the hiring manager for it thought that my background and experience would be a better match for another position available under a different manager. I interviewed with the hiring manager and VP. Also interviewed with other sales team members and members of the service management team. All these interviews were done within a week.

I am very impressed as to how quickly the hiring process went. Hopefully it is indicative of the company's ability to get things done for its clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the sales opportunity that you are most proud of closing, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did my research on what the job market pays for my experience and skill set. So I came to the table with a fair and competitive compensation request and it was the basis for what was offered.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisa, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink (Louisa, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

telephonic interview and face to face interview. pretty simple interview. first they wanted to know all about me and my personality and few skill questions were thrown on my way.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Spoke to the recruiter over the phone. She had a very negative tone. The interview seemed like an interrogation. I decided to withdraw my application based on my interaction with her.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why would you want to move here?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

While they were very quick to respond since my initial application - Overall it was a very weak candidate experience. The recruiter was not friendly nor engaging and considering this is for a recruiting leadership role - it really didn't enamor me to the organization. This is a senior level position and to not engage the candidate to ensure they had the info they need and to ensure they still wanted to interview is presumptuous. Secondly, recruiter really did not try to "sell" the job or company - and it was clear she was following a script which she made a point to mention. This is really telling and most leadership types would not be interested in a company that doesn't put strong recruiters in this role. They are really the brand ambassador and this recruiter did not seem to understand that. Really not the impression CenturyLink wants to give to their brand in order to attract top talent. Hopefully the VP of Talent Acquisition will see this in order to address the leadership hiring practices. I'm too early in the process to know whether I will move forward in the process - not sure I want to.

Lead Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink (Monroe, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

Great interview. Completely open and very informative. they were willing to work with me on times and we're very flexible. Complete transparency on the position and what it entailed. Looking forward to follow up interview soon. the interview itself was very conversational and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you'd be willing to do for free?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic team style interview, with a shift supervisor and two senior engineers. Supervisor made introductions then exited. Supervisor in training entered to observe. All questions were presented by the engineers. The subject matter was general networking, and the questions were fairly simple. Examples include routing, DHCP, QoS, Ethernet and overall approach to troubleshooting.

Interview Questions

• Most questions centered on general networking, with a few behavioral inquiries for good measure.   Answer Question

Interview

Found the job posting thru Glassdoor. Was redirected to Centurylink website. Created username and password to register an account for employment application and applied directly. About a week later, I received a phone call asking to schedule an interview with me. That was this week Monday, had my interview on Tuesday morning. It's only been a couple days but have not heard anything back yet. As far as the interview process and how it went..., very smoothly. Prompt, professional, organized, and pleasantly friendly. Was interviewed by a panel of two staff members, the Sales Manager and the Director of Human Resources. They both took turns asking me questions throughout the process. Mostly standar interview questions. Both were very nice and friendly, non intimidating at all.

Questions asked:

-Tell us a little bit about yourself, work history/experience wise.

-What position are you applying for? Do you know what position you're applying for?

-What skills do you have pertaining to this position you're applying for?

-Do you have sales experience, and if so, how many years of experience do you have? Tell us a little about your experience (in what field; retail, service, etc...)

-What makes you the best candidate for this job and why should we hire you over other candidates?

-Being that this is a sales job, and although there is a base pay, it's strongly commission based. What are your salary expectations for the next year?

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a job where there was a quota requirement to meet? And if so, tell us how often you meet or exceeded you goal/quota.   1 Answer

Senior Commercial Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CenturyLink (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

formally submitted application and a tailored CL, then got a response later that day. Interview consists of initial phone screen interview, then a face to face. That's it. They like to move quickly because they are trying to fill their next training class, which is scheduled each month (consisting with 1 week local and 3 weeks out of state).

Interview Questions

• questions were fairly straight forward and not too difficult. I was asked about my previous salary history and what my expectations were for the job. I was also asked about what made me successful in prior positions and times where I failed. I was also asked why I wanted to work for the company.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Applied via a personal reference and interviewed with hiring manager. After first meeting, applied online and then took a skills/aptitude test. Offer was made within 3 days and the communication from Human resources was excellent. There was no negotiation on the base pay / commission structure - was a straight foward "take it or leave it" offer. I accepted the offer and was onboarded within 3 weeks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - take it or leave it

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

I applied for an intern position online. Got a strange phone call a week later first asking for additional information, then the caller made awkward and unsolicited critiques to my resume. I blew it off as posturing. Got another call later to schedule the interview. After the interview, there was no effort to contact me for weeks and all my emails were ignored.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. All behavioral questions. The people who interviewed me were very nice, though the interview seemed more general than for a specific position.   Answer Question