Cephalon

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cephalon

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frazer, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frazer, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cephalon in March 2008.

It took a while to go through an interview process. I first spoke with my Director informally by telephone then in person. My Director then arranged interviews with various Directors within my Department, and with a Senior Director in HR. The interviews themselves were unscripted and relatively informal. I also had to do a drug test as per company HR policy prior to being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions for me about the company as a whole?   Answer Question
    • How do you see your academic background contributing to this [industry] position?   View Answer
    My recruiter negotiated.

CNS Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cephalon in January 2011.

Very disappointed in how interview process was handled. Interviews were 1 hour each. Candidate before me was allowed to run over 15 min and then my interview was cut short to 45 min to "catch up". Thought I did well...got the impression they wanted a "shark" to boost business. Did not get asked anything to "shine". Questions involved: routing, physicians I have relationships with in the territory, off-label promotion and how I would handle it, what motivates me, whether I could make an immediate impact or not. Most pharm interviews are behavioral in nature..this was not. The specialty rep partner was also in the interview. (Not sure what value this contributed.) I also was impeccable about following up with thank you to recruiter and manager. Recruiter did not even have courtesy to contact me to follow-up or provide feedback on whether I was selected or not ( I wasn't) and why that decision was made.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cephalon in November 2010.

I was grilled over my resume and my sales figures. Made to feel like my brag book was fabricated. Was asked questions that were irrelevant to sales and were inappropriate for final interviews. It was very disturbing that one interviewer can over ride five other interviewers opinions. It is as if they had no intentions to hire but I was made to go through hoops.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a manager you didn't like?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to 'tattle' on someone in the company.   Answer Question