Ceridian

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ceridian in September 2008.

Interview Details – Varies with HR and Manager. There is no specific process for contractors, new hires or consultants. Be prepared for anything. Patience will probably be the most notable skill that will be used.

Interview Question – Benefits and opportunity for advancement might be the most awkware question from both sides.   Answer Question

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ceridian in October 2011.

Interview Details – Two telephone interviews, a 4-hour allocation to perform data analysis to provide example of work, 30 minute telephone conference call to present the analysis.

Followed up with 3 hours on site for 1on1 interviews.
Received noticed 2 months later that the position was filled.

Recruiter contacted me a month later with another available position. Completed a 45 minute telephone interview and then followed up with 4 hours onsite to complete several 1on1 interviews.

Received email 1 month later that the position was put on hold.

Interview Question – Are you a process or customer person?   View Answer

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ceridian in March 2008.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews:

One from the Ceridian recruiter who read off a script and the second with a district manager.

One in person interview with the person who would become my boss. They had an open house where you actually went to the location you would work at. Nothing special, no group interview or anything like that. Looking back, I should have gone with my first impression and declined the offer as they were very misleading about a lot of things:

1. The Job Description: On the actual ad, the position was listed a Business Analyst for their implementation team. However, after we were hired; we found out that they had combined the role with another position (meaning more work) and that we were now implementation consultants. This was incredibly dishonest as I negotiated my salary based on the expectation that my role would only be of a Business Analyst.

2. Paid Time Off Blackout: They never told anyone this (I actually found this out through a current employee) but Ceridian enforces a Paid Time Off Blackout from the first week of December through Martin Luther King Weekend. During this time, you are not to take vacation. If I knew this I would've rejected the job as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – A pain in the butt. They started off with a really lousy offer but I ended up getting more after saying that I had previous experience in this role and an advanced degree.

I tried to get some non-monetary benefits (such as flexible scheduling, etc) but they gave me half-assed answers saying that it was up to your manager if you could get that. I would say, if you negotiate anything, get it in writing. Also, I highly recommend reading up on the company. If I had done more research I wouldn't have even considered working here.

Worked for Ceridian? Contribute to the Community!