Ceridian Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.8

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ceridian (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by phone screen, manager interview (skype), and peer (phone) interview. Due to reorg, also spoke briefly with VP and had (in person) interview with Director, whom will report to. The interviews via phone and skype were relaxed and a good experience. The one in person was more confusing as to how it went and was more intense than the others.

Interview Questions

• Soft skills are critical to success in the role, explain how you handle items.   1 Answer
    • Being proactive is another success factor in the role, describe how you show this trait.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you get an offer, get everything in writing before accepting the offer. I have found they promise more than they actually will give (with regards to time off) as well as pay below market rate for experience in field/industry. (For example with 7 years industry experience and 9 years field experience, plus degrees/certifications in my city, according to Kinexa my offer was $15-20K below the market rate (aka average for the range.)) When asking for various minor things - such as cell phone reimbursement or professional annual dues they also won't include that in the offer. They don't negotiate - you either take the offer as is or walk. There is a noncompete included in the pre-employment paperwork.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ceridian (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Easygoing phone call screening and then an in-person with a manager and a co-worker. Overall, pretty conversational and friendly. I suppose it depends on who you interview with and the department. Seems like a good company to work for as the people were friendly and cordial.

Interview Questions

• Why Ceridian Tell me about yourself Tell me about a time....(situational/behavioral)   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ceridian (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Two interviews, peer interview went well. Meet with Sr. Ma Manager. Not too hard to get a job. However, no good management more about friends than work ethics and results.

Project Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ceridian.

Interview

Applied online and had an HR interview within 2 weeks. Followed by a manager interview 2 weeks after. About an hour each. Typical questions were asked by both. HR interview was a bit awkward as the lady was flipping through notes of her scripted questions and you can hear her typing what sounded like your answers verbatim.

Interview Questions

• Experience level, professional aspirations, 5 weaknesses, 5 strengths, "why should I hire you?", computer skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were limited, but definitely mention what you would accept

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ceridian.

Interview

Initial telephone interview. Subsequent in-person interview. Reviewed resume and asked hypothetical questions. Verbally reviewed general PM and SDLC processes. No technical subject matter experts joined in the process. Was not requested to bring in samples of prior work, which could be awkward at those artifacts are the property of former employers

Interview Questions

• What was an example of a project that you managed that had problems and how you resolved them.   Answer Question

HCM Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ceridian (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Three interviews. No follow up. I was contacted by the recruiter after applying on the company website. Did a phone screening and then they scheduled a Skype panel interview for two weeks later. The interview went well however there was no follow up until a week later when I reached out for feedback

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation where you were able to fix an issue for the benefit of the company   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ceridian.

Interview

Brief, no brainer, no weird questions or role play, no situational "what-if" questions, only basic questions like "why do you want to work here," "what are your assets?"

Operations Specialist Interview

Interview

During interview, the Manager claimed that their department had prolific training materials which were updated each quarter. These included step by step instructions on how to perform each function. Also claims were made on teamwork being emphasized and on working together. After I accepted the offer, I found out that the Manager lied about almost everything. They were unprofessional and management constantly spoke badly about previous management and previous employees with whom I had no dealings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told a salary range, and I provided a salary within the range. I was made a low ball offer with no room to negotiate.

Processor Interview

Interview

my branch of this company is closing. The manager has retired. This is no longer valid. When I was hired, the company first hired through Kelly services and then made a decision about making an employee permanent after a several month trial period

Interview Questions

• my branch of this company is closing   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations allowed

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ceridian (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

The initial job posting contained very little information regarding the job itself. After applying, a recruiter reached out to me from another state and conducted an initial phone interview, followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager. Next, a 1:1 interview with my manager, followed by an introduction of who my colleagues would be and a side by side discussion with a potential colleague. Finally, a phone interview at the executive level, that led to a final discussion with the hiring manager and offer provided by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Ceridian?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The actual dollar amount was higher than what the recruiter initially discussed.