Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cerner
- Software Engineer (155)
- Velocity Software Engineer (142)
- Systems Engineer (59)
- Velocity Delivery Consultant (48)
- Delivery Consultant (43)
- Velocity Professional Services Consultant (29)
- Velocity Analyst (23)
- Support Analyst (22)
- Academy Software Engineer (18)
- Business Consultant (14)
- Software Developer (11)
- Velocity Systems Engineer (11)
- Test Analyst (9)
- Professional Services Consultant (8)
- Consultant (7)
- Velocity Business Consultant (7)
- Software Engineer Intern (7)
- Software (7)
- Learning Consultant (7)
- Technical Support Analyst (7)
- Intern (6)
- Engagement Leader (6)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Velocity Business (5)
- Analyst (5)
- Senior Software Engineer (5)
- Clinical Strategist (4)
- Technology Consultant (4)
- Operations Support Specialist (4)
- Velocity Consultant (4)
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cerner.
It was a very laid back day. The interviews were very conversational. They wanted to talk and make sure I had decent social skills. The questions were more secondary. If you have made it to the interview process that is good. You are already pretty much hired.
- Tell me about a time you had to think outside the box 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Cerner
Analyst InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in June 2014.
Had a phone interview that went well. The following week I traveled to Kansas City to go to an in-person interview. The interview was with three different people back to back. It was almost 3 hours long. Overall, very intense interview.
- How would you test a calculator? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
The environment seemed very stiff and I did not feel like I would enjoy working there. Plus, I have heard horror stories from past employees on how they work you like a dog.
Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).
I had an initial campus interview at my school. They let you know that day/next day if you will be going to Kansas City for experience Cerner day and additional interviews. The interviews at WHQ in Kansas City were fine. They seemed to be more about personal interaction and teamwork, so have good examples of that. Then they will offer you the role within a few weeks, and you have to accept or decline in two weeks.
- Nothing too difficult was asked. Answer Question
No negotiation, standard pay for college graduate entry-level.
Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2010.
My initial interview was as a result of talking to a recruiter at a job fair in college. I then went through two rounds of interviews at my school before doing a final interview at the Company's main campus in Kansas City.
- What was the most difficult situation you've found yourself in? Answer Question
Analyst InterviewAccepted Offer
They call you to set up a time for the phone interview. Phone interview is basically them asking situation questions. If they like you at that point, they will invite you for an in person interview.
- Describe a situation when you weren't given enough time to complete a task. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review