Cerner Business Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

This was for an entry level position, so the interview portion was about an hour of a day-long affair. You are with other candidates for all parts of the day except the interviews. You are interviewed by two people, and one of the interviews focuses on behavioral-based questions. The interview questions are standard, and a little prep work in terms of coming up with example situations for interview sample questions would be helpful. Not being able to come up with example situations will definitely hurt you in this interview. You will also have the opportunity to talk to current staff during lunch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not agree with your boss or a coworker. How was the situation resolved?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

I initially met with a Cerner recruiter on campus and was contacted 2 weeks later to visit their KC headquarters and participate in the Experience Cerner Day. The company put me up in a Hilton hotel in downtown KC (by power and light district) and provided us with delicious meals. The first day consists of a tour of downtown KC and dinner. The second day you do 2 interviews (30 mins a piece). These interviews are very laid back and conversational. Remember that these are behavioral based interviews, so remember your STAR responses (Situation, Task, Action, Results). Overall a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Tell me about a time when you were innovative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Received a call to attend the Experience Cerner Day (ECD) interview process after submitting an application online. Attended the ECD and went through a process of three short interviews. I took a tour of the campus and sat through presentations about Cerner. I got a call back very quickly after the interviews with an offer.

Negotiation

Quick and easy

Application

Interview

I applied online. I was then contacted about three weeks later. The recruiter then gave me some information about the position and as a few questions. I was then contacted again by a Business Consultant recruiter who performed a 30 min interview over the phone. They then invited me to an interview at the corporate headquarters. There where three 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you had to solve a problem with little resources? What did you do and How did it work out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process included an initial screening and a final round on site. My biggest contact with the company was my recruiter rather than a prospective supervisor becuase you don't learn of your placement until after you have accepted an offer and completed the training program. The on site was pretty simple for a final round included a couple of 1-on-1 interviews that were all situational interviews.

Interview Questions

Better offer for another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

Cerner's Interview process was thourough, yet not too stressful. They did a great job of impressing me, making me feel welcome, but also challenging me in the interview process. the 1:1 interviews were fun, and the interviewers all had different styles. I found them personable, and immediately thought that I could see myself working with any one of them. They also paid for my travel and hotel expense. Loved it!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to push back on a coworker? How did you handle the friction and the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2010.

Interview

Went in for an interview along with several other candidates. They asked situational questions only such as "If you applied for a promotion and didn't get it, how did you handle this situation." They informed me that the job would require a 12 week training period and then you would get assigned to whatever position was open at the end of the twelve weeks. You were guaranteed a job at the end of the training, but not necessarily the job you wanted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been denied a promotion and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2010.

Interview

Had three different interviews with the company. All the interviews were behavioral based. "Tell me about a time....." Also had to walk the interviewer through my resume and elaborate on my experience and education. All three of my interviews were very relaxed and they make you very comfortable. They also spend a lot of time talking about the company and the job description, which was very helpful. It was also a 1:1 ratio between how much you talk and how much the interviewer talks, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• A resume only says so much about you. What do you want me to know about you that I could not already get out of just reading your resume   Answer Question

I am currently waiting for other interviews with future companies. Too early in the recruiting season to commit to this company

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2009.

Interview

on Day 1 i had a 30 minute one on one interview that they used as screen. I got called back for the 2nd day with 2 30 minute interviews. I was invited to an "Experience Cerner Day" and after waiting 2 months, I finally was notified that I wasn't going to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give a peer bad news.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2008.

Interview

You have 3 separate 1:1 interviews on the same day. Then you go on an "Experience Cerner Day" tour where you have lunch with other candidates and HR members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.