Cerner Business Consultant Interview Questions

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2011.

Cerner's Interview process was thourough, yet not too stressful. They did a great job of impressing me, making me feel welcome, but also challenging me in the interview process. the 1:1 interviews were fun, and the interviewers all had different styles. I found them personable, and immediately thought that I could see myself working with any one of them. They also paid for my travel and hotel expense. Loved it!

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which you had to push back on a coworker? How did you handle the friction and the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2011.

The interview process included an initial screening and a final round on site. My biggest contact with the company was my recruiter rather than a prospective supervisor becuase you don't learn of your placement until after you have accepted an offer and completed the training program. The on site was pretty simple for a final round included a couple of 1-on-1 interviews that were all situational interviews.

Interview Questions

Better offer for another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2011.

I applied online. I was then contacted about three weeks later. The recruiter then gave me some information about the position and as a few questions. I was then contacted again by a Business Consultant recruiter who performed a 30 min interview over the phone. They then invited me to an interview at the corporate headquarters. There where three 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time where you had to solve a problem with little resources? What did you do and How did it work out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in November 2010.

Went in for an interview along with several other candidates. They asked situational questions only such as "If you applied for a promotion and didn't get it, how did you handle this situation." They informed me that the job would require a 12 week training period and then you would get assigned to whatever position was open at the end of the twelve weeks. You were guaranteed a job at the end of the training, but not necessarily the job you wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been denied a promotion and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in October 2010.

Had three different interviews with the company. All the interviews were behavioral based. "Tell me about a time....."

Also had to walk the interviewer through my resume and elaborate on my experience and education.

All three of my interviews were very relaxed and they make you very comfortable.

They also spend a lot of time talking about the company and the job description, which was very helpful. It was also a 1:1 ratio between how much you talk and how much the interviewer talks, which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • A resume only says so much about you. What do you want me to know about you that I could not already get out of just reading your resume   Answer Question

I am currently waiting for other interviews with future companies. Too early in the recruiting season to commit to this company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in October 2008.

You have 3 separate 1:1 interviews on the same day. Then you go on an "Experience Cerner Day" tour where you have lunch with other candidates and HR members.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in October 2009.

on Day 1 i had a 30 minute one on one interview that they used as screen. I got called back for the 2nd day with 2 30 minute interviews. I was invited to an "Experience Cerner Day" and after waiting 2 months, I finally was notified that I wasn't going to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give a peer bad news.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2011.

Two phone interviews and three in person. Great culture and people.

Interview Questions
    • tell about a time when you had to make a difficult decision, what did you choose and what was the result?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bath, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in May 2010.

Very simple process all done online

Business Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in March 2009.

I applied for the position through my university and was asked to come interview. I had an inital interview with someone from HR, then was passed onto the 2nd round, in which I had 3 30-minute interviews. I passed that and then was asked to come out for "Experience Cerner" day. I was told by my recruiter that they were "working out numbers" but my offer would be in the mail within 2 weeks. After over 2 weeks passed and I contacted her, she regretted to inform me that they had to put a hiring freeze on the position. I was basically misguided and then screwed in the end. I was also disappointed with the fact that I had to reach out to HER to discover this surprising information.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond on a task?   Answer Question

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!