Cerner Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

They had a reception and info session in the morning followed by two back to back 30 min interviews. Each interviewer had the same list of questions to ask, nothing too out of the norm.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult. I felt one interviewer wanted to know more about me personally rather than what was exactly on the sheet   Answer Question

I was not confident i wanted to work there and I was not overly thrilled with the salary offered

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in December 2011.

I originally reached out to recruiters via email. They liked me, so I was invited in for a "experience cerner day" where they take you out to dinner the night before. The next day they sit you in a large room where they give you a short presentation fallowed by taking you upstairs for your interviews. You get interviewed by 3 separate people for half an hour each. After that, they take you to lunch and part ways with you after giving you a little bag with a water bottle as a gift in it.

Interview Questions

During my interviews, I noticed that the people interviewing me all had bags under their eyes. These people were TIRED. I could tell they were overworked and had low morale. I asked each of them how they enjoyed working for Cerner. They all explained to me that it was a great place to work, but I could tell they all absolutely hated it.

Many of my friends that work there didn't recommend Cerner as a good place to work. Upon further investigation, I found this email on the internet that the CEO sent out internally to Cerner workers. Keep in mind, this CEO is one of the founders and is still in charge.

From: Patterson,Neal To: DL_ALL_MANAGERS; Subject: MANAGEMENT DIRECTIVE: Week #10_01: Fix it or changes will be made Importance: High To the KC_based managers: I have gone over the top. I have been making this point for over one year. We are getting less than 40 hours of work from a large number of our KC-based EMPLOYEES. The parking lot is sparsely used at 8AM; likewise at 5PM. As managers -- you either do not know what your EMPLOYEES are doing; or YOU do not CARE. You have created expectations on the work effort which allowed this to happen inside Cerner, creating a very unhealthy environment. In either case, you have a problem and you will fix it or I will replace you. NEVER in my career have I allowed a team which worked for me to think they had a 40 hour job. I have allowed YOU to create a culture which is permitting this. NO LONGER. At the end of next week, I am plan to implement the following: 1. Closing of Associate Center to EMPLOYEES from 7:30AM to 6:30PM. 2. Implementing a hiring freeze for all KC based positions. It will require Cabinet approval to hire someone into a KC based team. I chair our Cabinet. 3. Implementing a time clock system, requiring EMPLOYEES to 'punch in' and 'punch out' to work. Any unapproved absences will be charged to the EMPLOYEES vacation. 4. We passed a Stock Purchase Program, allowing for the EMPLOYEE to purchase Cerner stock at a 15% discount, at Friday's BOD meeting. Hell will freeze over before this CEO implements ANOTHER EMPLOYEE benefit in this Culture. 5. Implement a 5% reduction of staff in KC. 6. I am tabling the promotions until I am convinced that the ones being promoted are the solution, not the problem. If you are the problem, pack you bags. I think this parental type action SUCKS. However, what you are doing, as managers, with this company makes me SICK. It makes sick to have to write this directive. I know I am painting with a broad brush and the majority of the KC based associates are hard working, committed to Cerner success and committed to transforming health care. I know the parking lot is not a great measurement for 'effort'. I know that 'results' is what counts, not 'effort'. But I am through with the debate. We have a big vision. It will require a big effort. Too many in KC are not making the effort. I want to hear from you. If you think I am wrong with any of this, please state your case. If you have some ideas on how to fix this problem, let me hear those. I am very curious how you think we got here. If you know team members who are the problem, let me know. Please include (copy) Kynda in all of your replies. I STRONGLY suggest that you call some 7AM, 6PM and Saturday AM team meetings with the EMPLOYEES who work directly for you. Discuss this serious issue with your team. I suggest that you call your first meeting -- tonight. Something is going to change. I am giving you two weeks to fix this. My measurement will be the parking lot: it should be substantially full at 7:30 AM and 6:30 PM. The pizza man should show up at 7:30 PM to feed the starving teams working late. The lot should be half full on Saturday mornings. We have a lot of work to do. If you do not have enough to keep your teams busy, let me know immediately. Folks this is a management problem, not an EMPLOYEE problem. Congratulations, you are management. You have the responsibility for our EMPLOYEES. I will hold you accountable. You have allowed this to get to this state. You have two weeks. Tick, tock. Neal ….. Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Cerner Corporation www.cerner.com 2800 Rockcreek Parkway; Kansas City, Missouri 64117 "We Make Health Care Smarter"

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in June 2011.

i was brought to kcmo and went thru 3 hrs of interviews after a 30min telephone screen. all went smooth. on the way out HR said they would be making decisions quickly by the next monday (interview was on a friday). so i waited a few weeks and no word. nothing. i emailed HR 2x and left 2 vm's. no response. nothing. nada. crickets. so i emailed all three of the interviewers and asked politely if they could let me know what the status of the interview was. within 10min of those emails going out i got a phone call from HR and some lame ass excuse of "we are not hiring external candidates right now"..... if they are going to spend their money / time and my time to bring me to kcmo, then why the hell wouldn't they have the professionalism to at least email the applicant that they have not been selected. very unprofessional. HR has a lot to learn..

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in May 2011.

Was lead to believe that if they flew me in for the panel interview and presentation this was only a formality to an offer.
    Look deep into their closets, all shinney on the outside with bells. These should be your alarm!

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2011.

The process was very smooth and the interviewers made for a very relaxed atmosphere. Started with 2 phone interviews, a 1:1 phone interview and was flown out for the panel interview. Questions were gruesome and about 18 behavioural type questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to choose between the pros and cons of a situation and you ended up going with the cons because it was the better decision   Answer Question
    • Why Cerner?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in August 2010.

Began with HR interview, basic HR questions about current job role and responsibilities. What salary you are looking for and what to expect from the job.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time when you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!