Cerner Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

They were your basic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. They just wanted to get to know you and see where you career interests and goals were. It was all very easygoing and professional.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Delivery Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by a full day of interviews at the Cerner campus in Kansas City. At the campus there were three interviews. There was also a dinner the night before the interviews.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Interview

Submit cover letter and resume with application; college campus interview / phone interview; on-Cerner-campus interview with behavioral interview focus Offered a position and salary within 2 weeks. Given a couple weeks to decide and choose start date that works well with current employment / plans.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a policy or decision by a superior and what you did.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Interview

The campus recruiting process was so easy I didn't know if that was really it!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to argue for your beliefs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

3 rounds. Together with our clients, we are creating a future where the health care system works to improve the well-being of individuals and communities. By designing leading-edge health information technology, we offer strategies that empower organizations to know, manage and engage their populations

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

Basically they scheduled a phone interview the day after I applied online and then before she hung up with me she scheduled an in person interview at experience cerner day for the following friday. At experience cerner day they go through a powerpoint and basically sell the company to you and then there are two 30 minute interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about how you currently or have in the past used innovation or technology to solve a problem, they asked that over and over in different ways so have lots of examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a call two weeks later for a phone interview. About another two weeks later I interviewed at the WHQ campus. All candidates met in a large meeting room where we watched a presentation about the company. We were then able to ask questions. From there we broke off to complete the interviews. I interviewed with two different people. They were basic interview questions. Exactly two weeks later I was given a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We were able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

This was around spring of 2013, but from what I hear the process is relatively the same. 1.) Did a phone interview in February. It was very cheerful and the recruiter opened up very comfortably. She asked me 3 basic behavioral questions. First one was "What attracted you to apply here" followed by "Name a time when you were put under pressure and had to resolve it" and lastly "Name a time when you had to teach someone about technology" 2.) This was followed with a paid for onsite interview (I believe they mostly do Skype interviews as of 2014 and onward). Our interview group had dinner the first night that was paid for by the company where an employee from the Cerner got to sit at each table and answer our questions about what they do company culture, etc. The following day, we start with interviews which are only a little tougher than the phone interview. The dress is business jeans casual, and relatively relaxed. Two interviewers for 45 minutes each asked 3 behavioral questions. My last interview at the very end asked what I like to do for fun, and he got really into my hobby. The rest of our interview ended on a good note after that and I actually ended up getting his email. 3.) A few weeks later I got the acceptance letter via email, and the rest is history. My salary negotiation was standard, but I've noticed if you work 1 or 2 years out of college the pay is bumped up just a little higher than average by 1k or 2k.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a client was being difficult, and how did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

I heard about the job from a friend from college and decided to apply to the Velocity delivery consultant position. My friend wrote me a referral, and within a week of sending in the online application I heard back from HR to set up a phone interview. It was very basic with simple background questions. Later that week, I was invited to campus for a Welcome to Cerner day. I could not make this recruiting day, and they were very friendly about scheduling around my set schedule. I went for the interview and had 2 interviews. Mainly behavior based situational questions, nothing big. I then ate lunch with a recently hired person of the same position. He was very honest about some of the "behind the scenes" info of the company. Within a week I was offered a position and given two weeks to respond.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you had to solve an unexpected problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Had one phone interview of general/behavioral questions. Then had one on-campus interview that was 2 30-minute interviews of behavioral questions. Heard back about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you delivered news about failing at a goal   Answer Question

They call the position "consultant," but if you are trying to get into consulting this is not the place for you. All this position includes is IT support for clients that buy Cerner systems. Also, bare minimal starting salary for work that demands overtime to meet client needs.