Cerner

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Delivery Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in November 2011.

Interview Details – 2 formal interviews, both situational (how would you handle this situation...)

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details – The campus recruiting process was so easy I didn't know if that was really it!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to argue for your beliefs.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

Interview Details – Basically they scheduled a phone interview the day after I applied online and then before she hung up with me she scheduled an in person interview at experience cerner day for the following friday. At experience cerner day they go through a powerpoint and basically sell the company to you and then there are two 30 minute interviews back to back.

Interview Question – They asked a lot about how you currently or have in the past used innovation or technology to solve a problem, they asked that over and over in different ways so have lots of examples.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in March 2013.

Interview Details – I heard about the job from a friend from college and decided to apply to the Velocity delivery consultant position. My friend wrote me a referral, and within a week of sending in the online application I heard back from HR to set up a phone interview. It was very basic with simple background questions. Later that week, I was invited to campus for a Welcome to Cerner day. I could not make this recruiting day, and they were very friendly about scheduling around my set schedule. I went for the interview and had 2 interviews. Mainly behavior based situational questions, nothing big. I then ate lunch with a recently hired person of the same position. He was very honest about some of the "behind the scenes" info of the company. Within a week I was offered a position and given two weeks to respond.

Interview Question – What is a situation in which you had to solve an unexpected problem?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview of general/behavioral questions. Then had one on-campus interview that was 2 30-minute interviews of behavioral questions. Heard back about 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Talk about a time that you delivered news about failing at a goal   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They call the position "consultant," but if you are trying to get into consulting this is not the place for you. All this position includes is IT support for clients that buy Cerner systems. Also, bare minimal starting salary for work that demands overtime to meet client needs.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in September 2011.

Interview Details – Received a cold call from what seemed like a recruiting call center - I had applied for an internship over 3 years ago! But luckily, I happened to be job searching at the time.

After a screening with the HR recruiter, they flew me out to Kansas City for a day of on-site interviews. They were very accommodating with the travel arrangements, including a limo service from the airport to the hotel and a $50 AMEX gift card as reimbursement.

There was a good size group (maybe about 10 others) rotating through interviews that day, 3 very standard behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low salary, no desire to live in Kansas city

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was flown from Chicago to Kansas City for the 1:1 interview after passing an initial phone interview. Upon arrival in KC I was met by a private driver in a towncar and driven to the campus. The interview proceeded through 5 individuals. After it was over, I was driven back to a hotel (it was late) and housed at the Hyatt and given dinner. I flew home the next day and was offered the job 3 days later.

Interview Question – Regarding the most difficult decision maker / boss / executive you have ever worked for, describe several instances of conflict and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was significantly more than I was currently making and I did not negotiate the already generous offer.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in November 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from a recruiter at the beginning of the interview. The recruiter asked me basic questions pertaining to my resume and she seemed impressed with me so she offered to fly me to their headquarters for a face-to-face interview two weeks later. I flew in on a Thursday night from Orlando and stayed at the Hyatt, which was a nice hotel. I was picked up by a driver who took myself and another individual to Cerner. Once I arrived, I was taken to a room to be interviewed by three different people. The questions were behavioral questions. Each person interviewed me one by one. After the interview we were taken on a tour and then to another room in a group for a presentation about the job position. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

Kansas City, MO

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to the website and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. She set up a phone interview via e-mail, and it went well. She told me that she'd be in contact with me soon to set up an in-person interview. About 2 weeks later, she sent me another e-mail to set up the interview. This process was very organized. The day before I was sent directions, was told to dress in business attire, and was given directions of what to do when I got there, and the names of the people I would be interviewing with. I was to interview with 3 people. Once I arrived, I was greeted by the support specialist who was extremely nice. She took me to the room I was going to interview in, and i interviewed with the 1st manager, and the 2nd manager thereafter. Each interview was about 25-30 minutes of hypothetical questions. I was then informed that the 3rd manager couldn't make it, and I would here a decision by the end of the week. I never heard back from the recruiter. All in all, it was a pretty neutral experience.

Interview Question – How would you get someone resistant to change to adapt to new technology?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in February 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of one detailed telephone interview and 2 one on one interviews. One was a behavioral interview, and the other was a traditional resume-driven interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where the requirements of a project changed, but the deadline did not. How did resolve this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salaries are not very negotiable starting out because they are standardized

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!