Cerner

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner in August 2008.

I was flown from Chicago to Kansas City for the 1:1 interview after passing an initial phone interview. Upon arrival in KC I was met by a private driver in a towncar and driven to the campus. The interview proceeded through 5 individuals. After it was over, I was driven back to a hotel (it was late) and housed at the Hyatt and given dinner. I flew home the next day and was offered the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions
  • Regarding the most difficult decision maker / boss / executive you have ever worked for, describe several instances of conflict and how you handled them.   Answer Question
The salary was significantly more than I was currently making and I did not negotiate the already generous offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in January 2013.

It consist of 3 interviews and some will be your managers. All the questions are not technical and they are based on specific situations. If you are wise and good with dealing with people, you will be able to answer all the questions that are difficult using your wisdom in such situations.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior questions that you haven't dealt with before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

Basically they scheduled a phone interview the day after I applied online and then before she hung up with me she scheduled an in person interview at experience cerner day for the following friday. At experience cerner day they go through a powerpoint and basically sell the company to you and then there are two 30 minute interviews back to back.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot about how you currently or have in the past used innovation or technology to solve a problem, they asked that over and over in different ways so have lots of examples.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cerner.

I am B.E. in electronics Engg. fresher, i have attended the recruitment process for Delivery consultant in april 2013.
    Passed the written test, which consist of technical (c, unix, manual testing) + aptitude que.
    HR told me that she will call for a behavioural interview (telephonic), its been more than a
    month but i'm still waiting for a call.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't attended the f2f interview, but trying to share my experience during written test.
      * The aptitude section was tricky mainly quantitative aptitude, so freshers have to prepare well, before applying.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2011.

Received a cold call from what seemed like a recruiting call center - I had applied for an internship over 3 years ago! But luckily, I happened to be job searching at the time.

After a screening with the HR recruiter, they flew me out to Kansas City for a day of on-site interviews. They were very accommodating with the travel arrangements, including a limo service from the airport to the hotel and a $50 AMEX gift card as reimbursement.

There was a good size group (maybe about 10 others) rotating through interviews that day, 3 very standard behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

Low salary, no desire to live in Kansas city

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner in December 2009.

I was first contacted by a recruiter to verify my interest in the position. I was asked a few questions to expand on my prior work experience and qualifications. I was then scheduled for a "proper" phone interview. This consisted of a further explanation of my resume and the standard behavioral questions that asked you for detailed, specific situations that you have encountered in your past. Interviewer was nice but demanded too many details.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had a disruptive team member and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner in August 2010.

Great atmosphere to work for. Initial phone interview and then they flew me down to Kansas City for two more interviews, and a group/panel discussion. All interviews are behavioral ones so study up on behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which something adverse happened, what was the result and how did you react?   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter to go over my resume and qualifications. Set up an onsite interview. They reimburse you for the travel costs. Once at the interview site they put you in a room with others who will be interviewing. A presentation is given about the company and the job. Then they take you to a room where three separate interviews are conducted. Then they take you back to the orginal room with the others. A question/answer sessions with two employees.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner in January 2011.

Started out with a phone interview, then they invited me out to Kansas City for follow-ups. The company flew me out there, bought me lunch, gave us a presentation on the role and then interviewed us individually. Was interviewed by two different people. Interview questions were all behavioral-based.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you encountered problems with a teammate, and what you did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2011.

Cerner first contacted me over the phone about a week after i applied online. A recruiter contacted me and gave me a brief description about the position and then a brief interview. He then set a date for another phone interview (which was a couple days later). Once I had completed that phone interview, I was invited to the headquarters for an interview. The interview consisted of a brief (30 min.) introduction of the position. They then took us (15 applicants) to separate rooms where they held 3 1:1 thirty minute interviews. After that we had an hour Q & A with current Cerner employees to better understand the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were given little information and had to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The salary they offer was fair.