Cerner Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2008.

Interview

I was flown from Chicago to Kansas City for the 1:1 interview after passing an initial phone interview. Upon arrival in KC I was met by a private driver in a towncar and driven to the campus. The interview proceeded through 5 individuals. After it was over, I was driven back to a hotel (it was late) and housed at the Hyatt and given dinner. I flew home the next day and was offered the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Regarding the most difficult decision maker / boss / executive you have ever worked for, describe several instances of conflict and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was significantly more than I was currently making and I did not negotiate the already generous offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner (Cairo (Egypt)) in January 2013.

Interview

It consist of 3 interviews and some will be your managers. All the questions are not technical and they are based on specific situations. If you are wise and good with dealing with people, you will be able to answer all the questions that are difficult using your wisdom in such situations.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions that you haven't dealt with before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

Basically they scheduled a phone interview the day after I applied online and then before she hung up with me she scheduled an in person interview at experience cerner day for the following friday. At experience cerner day they go through a powerpoint and basically sell the company to you and then there are two 30 minute interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about how you currently or have in the past used innovation or technology to solve a problem, they asked that over and over in different ways so have lots of examples.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through their career portal. After 8 days, HR called and asked details on current Job, Current and expected CTC, year of exp, academic details,etc and scheduled the interview 4 days later. I had 5 rounds 1 HR,3 Technical(including managerial) and final was Versant round.4 days later i got an online Formal application to fill in.14 days later, i got a offer letter. Overall the Cerner Professionals are Talented, focused topic they are asking and friendly. You doesn't feel stressed .

Interview Questions

• HERE EACH ROUND WAS ELIMINATION ROUND HR- only one question, Tell me about yourself ?. Later he explained about the job and Cerner. Technical 1-Much of technical questions 1) How was your day? 2) Explain STLC 3) Test Case 4) your roles and responsibility 5) About framework 6) Explain about your projects 7) Write Test Case from your project 8) Tell me about your daily activity 9) Is there a situation were you have got scolding from your superior. If yes, what was that? 10) what is the difficult situation you have come across in your career. how did you overcome that? 11) What is you weakness? 12) In what way you are working to overcome your weakness? 13) etc (Thats all i remember as its almost a month i attended the interview) Technical 2(I guess he is the manager)- Much of Behavioral Questions 1) Tell me about yourself 2) What is your hobby. He discussed much on the a particular hobby that i mentioned as He wanted me to feel free and comfortable and reduce my stress. He was too good. 3) He also asked on the project 4) Daily activity 5) Which defect cycle you are using? 6) Which version control tool you are using? 7) How is a job allocated to you? 8) Have you ever referred Requirement Document? 9)How was your rapport with your colleague? 10) is there a situation, you have been irritated by your colleague? How did you handle it? 11)etc Technical 3- Much of technical questions 1) Again, explain about project? 2) Explain functional, Integration, system testing from your project. 3) What is a Grid? 4) How do you verify the non editable text within a grid? 5) Questions on SQL 6) Are you Comfortable to work as Delivery Consultant? 7)etc Finally HR told me that i have have cleared previous round, and asked me to meet another HR who will assist me to take up my next round of interview, Digital Versant Round Digital Versant Round- the HR had arranged laptop and good quality speaker to take up the Versant round. She gave a unique ID to be entered in an application in order to start the versant test and left the cabin. This was a 50 min test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a call two weeks later for a phone interview. About another two weeks later I interviewed at the WHQ campus. All candidates met in a large meeting room where we watched a presentation about the company. We were then able to ask questions. From there we broke off to complete the interviews. I interviewed with two different people. They were basic interview questions. Exactly two weeks later I was given a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We were able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

This was around spring of 2013, but from what I hear the process is relatively the same. 1.) Did a phone interview in February. It was very cheerful and the recruiter opened up very comfortably. She asked me 3 basic behavioral questions. First one was "What attracted you to apply here" followed by "Name a time when you were put under pressure and had to resolve it" and lastly "Name a time when you had to teach someone about technology" 2.) This was followed with a paid for onsite interview (I believe they mostly do Skype interviews as of 2014 and onward). Our interview group had dinner the first night that was paid for by the company where an employee from the Cerner got to sit at each table and answer our questions about what they do company culture, etc. The following day, we start with interviews which are only a little tougher than the phone interview. The dress is business jeans casual, and relatively relaxed. Two interviewers for 45 minutes each asked 3 behavioral questions. My last interview at the very end asked what I like to do for fun, and he got really into my hobby. The rest of our interview ended on a good note after that and I actually ended up getting his email. 3.) A few weeks later I got the acceptance letter via email, and the rest is history. My salary negotiation was standard, but I've noticed if you work 1 or 2 years out of college the pay is bumped up just a little higher than average by 1k or 2k.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a client was being difficult, and how did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cerner (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

I am B.E. in electronics Engg. fresher, i have attended the recruitment process for Delivery consultant in april 2013. Passed the written test, which consist of technical (c, unix, manual testing) + aptitude que. HR told me that she will call for a behavioural interview (telephonic), its been more than a month but i'm still waiting for a call.

Interview Questions

• I didn't attended the f2f interview, but trying to share my experience during written test. * The aptitude section was tricky mainly quantitative aptitude, so freshers have to prepare well, before applying.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in November 2011.

Interview

2 formal interviews, both situational (how would you handle this situation...)

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cerner (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I had 3 45 minute interviews with senior staff. They had a friendly and casual approach to interviews. Quite informative as to what is expected from job role. No real difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• More general questions about past and when I used initiative etc.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and almost a month later had my phone screening.... questions included typical HR questions and went over my cv and asked if i was ok with travelling ... was told by the end of the conversation that i would be invited for a face to face interview. a week later had 3 one on one interviews with different managers who had openings in their teams. The environment was very comfortable and the conversations were very casual. After the interviews i was told all the managers would have a meeting the next day and decide if a offer was to be made. HR made an offer after 10 days... i had given up hope by then but was very pleasantly surprised since i hadnt heard anything from them after my interviews. the offer was in excess of my demand and quite generous. The HR recruiter was particularly nice throughout the whole process and it was lovely talking to her.

Interview Questions

• i dont remember alot of the questions... they seem to be a blur by now (they were quite repetitive and i used the same examples between managers ) :P... but they were mostly... describe a problem and how you handled it, how do you prioritise your work?, a time a project changed dramatically but the deadline didnt, a time you dealt with vague instructions?, a time you made a difficult decision?, ... change is inevitable , describe a time there was a drastic change and how you streamlined it for OTHERS ? a time you had to learn a skill quickly? a time you had to build rapport ? what do you know about cerner? what do you think you will be doing in this role? i prepared for the interview by reading all the behavioural questions on this site (and loads more through google) and then making sample answers ... so i didnt really have many surprises and was quite confident on the day. try to think of what skill do they want you to talk about when they ask you a question ... communication? team work? flexibility? and then build your answer on that... oh and always use the STAR method and you will ace it !   Answer Question