Cerner Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2015
Updated Feb 8, 2015

3.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

The correct title was Software Engineer Intern, though this was not an option

The first wave came as a scout off of linkedIn where I had an initial interview over the phone with basic behavioral questions and some personal ones.

The Second was a technical interview over a skype like program with a software architect (These interviews were great the questions were straight forward no tricks or confusion and any questions I had were answered quickly).

Then the company flew me out for some interviews (Suit and tie attire) in person. These interviews were not so bad but not so good either they were very tricky.

Te first person had an absolute no want to be there and could obviously care less about my interview I even caught him playing on his phone while I was presenting on the whiteboard. The questions asked were rather cryptic and tricky with a lot of problem solving so take your time and think don't just jump face first in.

After this interview I was left alone in the room for about 30 minutes then had another interview with a question that was much more straight forward.

Shortly after these we were shown around the lunchroom given free lunch and a 50 dollar gift certificate, then back onto a bus to the airport.

Interview Questions

• My first interview over the skype-like program was: "Design a class allergies that has severity, also a class patient with information about the person, allergy, and the person who reported the allergy"   1 Answer
  • Second In person interview question: "Design a class called medicine that has the medicine ID and other stuff (word for word what I was asked) then add it to a class called person" Then I was asked the question "Your working tech support on Thanksgiving night when someone calls and says they have a problem with information what do you do?"   1 Answer
  • Third Interview Question:
    "Design a class called temperature, temperatures can fluctuate per person by +-1 degree high temperatures can be a sign of a fever which can be a sign of infection. A persons fever range can also fluctuate by +-1 degree. Temperatures can also be measured in Celsius, Fahrenheit and if your serious about temperatures Kelvin as well. Design a class called temperature"

1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

My interview process was a two part process. At first, a phone interview to screen my knowledge on healthcare, consulting, and Cerner in general. After this I was asked to visit Cerner headquarters in Kansas City along with 20 or so applicants for the Delivery Consulting role. The whole weekend was split into two sections. The first part was a very informal tour of Kansas City and the different lively areas. The next morning was the interview process. This consisted of two face to face behavioral interviews, both of which were questions about scenarios in which the interviewers were expecting a STAR approach. All in all it was a relaxed, comfortable interviewing environment.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time at which you experienced trouble working with an individual in the workplace?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

There was an initial interview and then I was invited out to the Cerner Campus to complete my two other interviews. The first interview was a behavioral interview and then they conducted another behavioral interview on their campus and also had a technical interview. They made accomodations for those of us that had to travel. They made a pitch for why we should choose their comapny and also had provided a peer panel for us to ask questions to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life where you had difficulty working with your group? How did you then resolve this difficulty?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

out of 500 they shortlisted 130 candidates in the first aptitude round . it was so easy round . which consist of 6 to 8 aptitude questions more than 20 verbal and some of computer fundamentals .

then second round is hr round . they ask basic hr questions ( why , what , etc,.)

third round is the tec round, where they ask some puzzles and coding questions .

at last 10 people where selected.

Application

Interview

Initially, there was an aptitude round consisting of 50 questions to be solved in 60 minutes. The questions were from Software Engineering, Aptitude and little bit of Electronics and OS. After that, there was a HR first and then Technical Round. There were eliminations after each round. Technical round consisted of questions like implement a chess board, sudoku etc. using oop concepts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, It was a in campus offer,

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Interview

It started with an online test in which 50 questions had to be answered in 60 minutes..the test included technical, verbal and aptitude questions.
    After that 90 people were shortlisted out of 350 odd who gave the test.
    Then there was an HR interview first, he asked normal HR questions like do you want to go for Higher studies if yes then when if no then why??
    Then technical interview where they'll check your coding skills(C,C++,C#,JAVA) and other computer knowledge like on networking, operating systems, DBMS, DS etc.
    They finally gave the offer letter to 14 students out of those 90 who were shortlisted earlier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a campus recruitment so no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2010.

Interview

Screened at the career fair booth. Simple questions like reversing a linked list.
    Set up interviews the next day.
    2 half hour interviews at my school. One behavioral, one technical.

Flew me out to KC for Experience Cerner Day.
    Be careful here, I've heard they still deny people even after flying them out.

About 2 weeks later they extended the offer, along with a small relocation compensation.

Interview Questions

• Pick a favorite sort and describe it. Then give its running time.   1 Answer
    • How would you design a game of chess?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. All software interns were paid across the board.