Cerner

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – My interview process was a two part process. At first, a phone interview to screen my knowledge on healthcare, consulting, and Cerner in general. After this I was asked to visit Cerner headquarters in Kansas City along with 20 or so applicants for the Delivery Consulting role. The whole weekend was split into two sections. The first part was a very informal tour of Kansas City and the different lively areas. The next morning was the interview process. This consisted of two face to face behavioral interviews, both of which were questions about scenarios in which the interviewers were expecting a STAR approach. All in all it was a relaxed, comfortable interviewing environment.

Interview Question – Discuss a time at which you experienced trouble working with an individual in the workplace?   Answer Question

Intern
Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in March 2011.

Interview Details – There was an initial interview and then I was invited out to the Cerner Campus to complete my two other interviews. The first interview was a behavioral interview and then they conducted another behavioral interview on their campus and also had a technical interview. They made accomodations for those of us that had to travel. They made a pitch for why we should choose their comapny and also had provided a peer panel for us to ask questions to.

Interview Question – Name a time in your life where you had difficulty working with your group? How did you then resolve this difficulty?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in October 2010.

Interview Details – Screened at the career fair booth. Simple questions like reversing a linked list.
Set up interviews the next day.
2 half hour interviews at my school. One behavioral, one technical.

Flew me out to KC for Experience Cerner Day.
Be careful here, I've heard they still deny people even after flying them out.

About 2 weeks later they extended the offer, along with a small relocation compensation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. All software interns were paid across the board.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cerner

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cerner Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cerner employees and interview candidates.