Cerner Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

My interview process was a two part process. At first, a phone interview to screen my knowledge on healthcare, consulting, and Cerner in general. After this I was asked to visit Cerner headquarters in Kansas City along with 20 or so applicants for the Delivery Consulting role. The whole weekend was split into two sections. The first part was a very informal tour of Kansas City and the different lively areas. The next morning was the interview process. This consisted of two face to face behavioral interviews, both of which were questions about scenarios in which the interviewers were expecting a STAR approach. All in all it was a relaxed, comfortable interviewing environment.

Interview Questions
  • Discuss a time at which you experienced trouble working with an individual in the workplace?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in March 2011.

There was an initial interview and then I was invited out to the Cerner Campus to complete my two other interviews. The first interview was a behavioral interview and then they conducted another behavioral interview on their campus and also had a technical interview. They made accomodations for those of us that had to travel. They made a pitch for why we should choose their comapny and also had provided a peer panel for us to ask questions to.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life where you had difficulty working with your group? How did you then resolve this difficulty?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner.

out of 500 they shortlisted 130 candidates in the first aptitude round . it was so easy round . which consist of 6 to 8 aptitude questions more than 20 verbal and some of computer fundamentals .

then second round is hr round . they ask basic hr questions ( why , what , etc,.)

third round is the tec round, where they ask some puzzles and coding questions .

at last 10 people where selected.

Intern Interview

Initially, there was an aptitude round consisting of 50 questions to be solved in 60 minutes. The questions were from Software Engineering, Aptitude and little bit of Electronics and OS. After that, there was a HR first and then Technical Round. There were eliminations after each round. Technical round consisted of questions like implement a chess board, sudoku etc. using oop concepts.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, It was a in campus offer,

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in October 2010.

Screened at the career fair booth. Simple questions like reversing a linked list.
    Set up interviews the next day.
    2 half hour interviews at my school. One behavioral, one technical.

Flew me out to KC for Experience Cerner Day.
    Be careful here, I've heard they still deny people even after flying them out.

About 2 weeks later they extended the offer, along with a small relocation compensation.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a favorite sort and describe it. Then give its running time.   View Answer
    • How would you design a game of chess?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable. All software interns were paid across the board.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!