Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cerner
- Software Engineer (155)
- Velocity Software Engineer (142)
- Systems Engineer (59)
- Velocity Delivery Consultant (48)
- Delivery Consultant (43)
- Velocity Professional Services Consultant (29)
- Velocity Analyst (23)
- Support Analyst (22)
- Academy Software Engineer (18)
- Business Consultant (14)
- Software Developer (11)
- Velocity Systems Engineer (11)
- Test Analyst (9)
- Professional Services Consultant (8)
- Consultant (7)
- Velocity Business Consultant (7)
- Software Engineer Intern (7)
- Software (7)
- Learning Consultant (7)
- Technical Support Analyst (7)
- Intern (6)
- Engagement Leader (6)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Velocity Business (5)
- Analyst (5)
- Senior Software Engineer (5)
- Clinical Strategist (4)
- Technology Consultant (4)
- Operations Support Specialist (4)
- Velocity Consultant (4)
Helpful (39)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner.
The interview process is well organized and swift. My hiring recruiter was very helpful and responded quickly to emails. The interview questions are not out-of-this-world difficult. If you do well in school and are a competent computer scientist, you will be able to give good answers. They will look for your skills and interests so they can figure out which team at Cerner (if any) you belong to.
- Design a class to hold data about something medical related, like an allergy or medicine. Answer a few behavioral questions involving group work. Answer Question
Helpful (5)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner.
I applied online with a submission of a resume and cover letter. I got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview 2 days later. Phone interview with the recruiter was really easy going. The recruiter allowed me to answer any questions I had and answered all of them. At the end of phone interview, I was invited to experience Cerner day. (Will update after I attend).
Helpful (8)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner.
I am currently a business intern which I only took to get my foot in the door. The interview process consisted of three 1 hour interviews, both behavioral and technical.
- Design an allergy class. Answer Question
- What information would you need to gather from a patient and which data types would you use and why? Which information would need to be adjusted for the program to be used internationally? Answer Question
- Design a Medication class which includes when to begin taking the medication, when to end, proper dosage, and frequency. Write a function to generate a schedule of when a patient needs to take their medication. How would you adjust your program to allow for medication which can be taken as needed. Answer Question
- Design a temperature class for nurses to store patient temperature and the method of taking the temperature. How would you handle different units of temperature? Write a function to determine if a patient has a fever. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.
The hr interview is many behavioral and just some very easy questions like difference between object and class. After that is a video interview, still some behavioral questions and some questions about the resume, in the end is a OOD question, that is to design a allergy class. And I get the onsite chance, now preparing for it.
- Design a allergy class. 3 Answers
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.
I applied by recruiter, I was scheduled a telephone interview two week after I received an phone call from Cerner Recruiter. The entire interview was great. There was anther interview about 20 min in phone too that was great ,I am waiting for anther one that will take one hour .
- What you know about Cerner Center ? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).
brief phone interview, onsite interview with facility tour, brief overvieww of company, interactive q an a with current employees, tour of kansas city. they were great about providing compensation for travel and provided a hotel stay.
- how does a binary search work 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.
I got a call from the recruiter, she inquired about all my details, followed by some basic HR questions . Then an online interview was scheduled for an hour. Waiting for the next rounds!
- The HR interview was very cool with some questions on resume, academic project, GPA and skill set we are competent in.they look for confidence. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).
I applied through their website and was called about 2-3 weeks later for a phone interview. The in person interview was two 1 hour interviews with managers. I was plenty qualified for the job but felt as if they were judging me on my apprerance rather than my skills and abilites. Both managers I interviewed with seemed as if they were not interested in interviewing me and didn't seem engaged. When I asked questions one interviewer (who worked in HR) said she felt like she was being interviewed. uhhh...okay...I guess it is not okay to ask questions that pertain to the position... To this day I feel as though they were extremely sexist towards me and I felt as if I was jugded for wearing a basic black suit and nice dress shirt. I guess the exectuives like women to wear short skirts so they have something "pretty" to look at. As a diverse company, I wasn't expecting to be discriminated againt for being a professional, polished working women with plenty of experience and education. Shame on you, Cerner. They called the next day with no offer. Shocker. NOT!
- all behavioral Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cerner.
Got a call from HR, which was followed by video interview by some solution architect. He asked me the same allergy question and SQL related queries. I was asked to write code for the allergy question , which included writing methods for manipulating data. A lot of SQL related questions , use of %? The worst part is that they never get back to you. You can waste your time mailing them but its all in vain. If you don't hear from them after a week from your video interview. MOVE ON
- Design allergy class Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA).
I applied to be a recruiting assistant online through a job search engine and received an email about two weeks later requesting an interview. After that I had a video interview two weeks after the offer, followed by a second phone interview shortly after. The job was offered, but sadly I was unable to take it, because of timing with my other job which required I stay on for another month and Cerner could not push back the start date. Thankfully, two weeks after I could not take the job I received an email from a different recruiter asking if I would be interested in a different position - Executive Assistant. After two phone interviews and an in person interview, I was was given an offer. The second interview process took a month.
- Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult person. What three things are you looking for in a job? Where do you see yourself professionally in ten years? How would you handle being inexperienced in this job? What past experience equips you for this role? Several situational/experience questions. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review