Cerner

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.6

Cerner Delivery Professional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

Applied online and got a phone interview, within 3 business days I had heard back from the company and offered an in-person interview at "Experience Cerner Day" By far the best interview process I have ever been involved in.

Interview Questions
    • No real out-of-the-blue questions, they want to get to know you not grill you   Answer Question

Production Owner Interview

I was promoted so the interview was just a informal chat with the manager of the position. It was easy and there was no pressure. When I had my initial interview it was pretty easy also.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

I applied to Cerner through their campus recruiting. A week or so after talking with them on campus and submitting my resume/application, I received an email for an initial phone screening. The phone screening consisted of the basics about Cerner, as well as a behavioral question or two that were very easy. After this, I was emailed with an offer to the Experience Cerner day. We were put up in a nice hotel and had a tour/dinner provided by Cerner. On Cerner day, I interviewed with two employees. They were two 30-minute interviews, and they were strictly behavioral/ "Do you like the KC area." It was a pleasant experience.
         After two weeks, I began to get antsy and emailed my recruiter about my interview results. Two days later, I received an offer of employment with Cerner, which I plan to accept.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to work with a group to complete a project/job on time. What was it like working with others? Did you have any obstacles to overcome?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, as the offer and relocation package were more than I expected.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Phone interview followed by a full day of interviews at the Cerner campus in Kansas City. At the campus there were three interviews. There was also a dinner the night before the interviews.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in March 2012.

Received a call to attend the Experience Cerner Day (ECD) interview process after submitting an application online. Attended the ECD and went through a process of three short interviews. I took a tour of the campus and sat through presentations about Cerner. I got a call back very quickly after the interviews with an offer.

Quick and easy

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

Met them at a University Career Fair, sent in an application, received an immediate invitation to come to "experience day", where we were put up in a hotel, given dinner, breakfast and lunch, a tour of Kansas City, and then asked to do 2 30-minute interviews, where I was asked 4 different behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to teach someone something.   View Answer
    Very little negotiation, they hire quite a few entry-level people for this position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in July 2014.

They flew me out to kansas city for 3 interviews to be conducted in one day. Each were to be an hour long and be done by around 11:00.

1st interview: The interviewer was late. She asked me several questions quickly. They assisted people in hospitals with the Cerner software similar to a help desk. They would likely be working longer hours and have to deal with anger clients. This did not feel like a position I would like. She received a call and left the interview early.

2nd interview: This was the most sincere man I have met. He has been at Cerner for a very long time and was used to the life. He let me know that I would be also assisting hospitals in similar timezone to Kansas city so I would not have to work long hours unless the situation required it. It sounded like a promising position.

3rd interview: This guy was much younger than my previous interviewer and worked in Emerging Technologies. He said I would be working on a team of people who manage linux servers and support the software that that team uses.
    He asked me questions like:
    How much linux experience do you have?
    Have you ever created bash scripts?
    What is your favorite one-line command?
    Do have have any experience with monitoring solutions?

Interview Questions
    I was extended an offer and had one week to decide if I wanted the offer. They also offered to pay up to $3000 to assist with moving costs.
    (The price is based on location) I hear some get more or less depending on how close to Kansas city you are.

Nurse Executive/Device Works and Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Pretty straight forward, first a telephone interview, then an onsite interview with up to 4 individuals that will interview you separately. Typically the first interview is the hiring manager, who for this role is someone from the executive team (CNO of respective division) at Cerner. Onsite interviews are typically with potential peers, and once again with the hiring manager. When you arrive onsite in Kansas City they treat you very well, and you are given great treatment before/during/and after the interview. They make the traveling to and from very easy for the applicant.

Interview Questions
    • The group that interviewed you separately will all meet at the end of the interview and you must present a PowerPoint presentation on the topic of your choice (this is explained before the interview onsite) For most interviewing for such a role this is a simple task, however doing this as part of a job interview can be stressful.   Answer Question

Wellness Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

I applied for the position online with my CV and cover letter. I had applied to the job about 10-14 days before I received a phone interview. I spoke to the HR representative and she mainly asked me about my experience, no behavioral questions. She also asked me about what I was expecting from the position and she told me I would find out this week whether or not I will move forward. I interviewed last Monday so I am hoping to hear back by Friday about whether or not I made it. If I make it to the next round I'll be sure to enlighten you further!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my training and how well suited I was for the position.   Answer Question

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

I had applied for the position from a job board portal.
    After almost a month I received a call from the HR.
    She asked me few generic questions and scheduled the interview date after 2 days.

On the scheduled date make sure you are before time and neatly dressed, formal outfit(traditional/business).
    First round was a digital recorded English (verbal/ written- dictation, reading passage, writing passage,writing summary, sentence construction, answering to a question after listening a conversation etc)) test which had a cut off.
    On clearing the cut off I was called for technical interviews which were in two rounds. ( My personal view on this is that probably they wanted to cross verify the answers to check integrity of the associate. Not sure!)
    After first interview, I waited for hardly 10 minutes and I had my second interview.
    Then HR asked me to leave and wait for response from her via call or mail.

Interview questions were all related to the job description and my CV.
    There were situational questions as well.
    I believe I faired well except for few hiccups.

All in all the interview will not be a stressed/scary one if you know you work properly. Interviewers were highly experienced associates and more importantly, amicable.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some 40-50 questions in the two rounds. I have listed all that I could remember.

1- Say something about yourself / introduce yourself
      2- Why do you think you qualify for this job ?
      3- What do you know about the company?
      4- What is the company strength in India and globally ?
      5- Are you clear on the expectations from this position you are appearing for ?
      6- State a difficult situation in your career which you handled and How?
      7- How do you manage when one of your associates contests your negative feedback for him/her?
      8- How do you interact or co-ordinate with your associates?
      9- Were you involved in appraisal process? How did you go about doing the same?
      10- What kind of domains you have worked for?
      11- What were your roles and responsibilities in previous company?
      12- Why did you leave your company?
      13- State in one line why should you be selected.
      14- Has testing been boring for you ? How do you manage to motivate in a monotonous task?
      15- How was your rapport with your manager?
      16- How would you handle a situation where deadline slippage may happen but client is adamant of having delivery on the pre-decided date?
      17- Explain the various test environment(if any) you have worked on and types of testing done?
      18- Could you draw out on board the flow of a build from development until Go Live in your previous projects and explain?
      19- What tools have you worked on?
      20- How did you manage a release in HP QC? Could you tell how you used it?
      21- How do you maintain work and personal life balance?
      22- Have you been into any kind of scripting or Performance testing? Are you ready to learn given 3 to 6 months?
      23- State a major weakness in you that you can improve.
      24- What do you like about testing?
      25- How do you keep track of the latest trends in testing? If asked can you state some.
      26- You have not worked for healthcare. Why do you think you can manage?
      27- What process you follow when a new associate joins your team?
      28- What activities have you done pertaining to Resource Management?
      29- How do you go about doing Test Estimation and Test Planning?
      30- What kind of project models have you worked for ? Were you involved during Requirements Analysis phase?
      31- Where do you maintain the documents and how?
      32- What do you think is the best way to represent metrics to your manager / client? What have you done in your previous projects?
      33- What was the strength of the team you managed and were they located at one place?
      34- If you face certain Live issues how do you go about handling it?
      35- State a highlight in your career.
      36- Why do you want to take up this job?
      37- What is your career aim for the future?
      38- What do you prefer doing as your pass-time activities or hobbies?
      39- What have you done so that Live issues are not repeated?
      40- You have Lean Six Sigma certification. Do you think these can be applied for testing projects? State some points that you can apply?
      41- State some test design techniques you have used and why do you think it's useful?
      42- Have you suggested any performance improvement to your performance team for your application? What are those?
      43- When a bug/defect occurred in your testing how do you go about reporting it and what has been the defect fix turn around?
      44- Do you wish to ask anything?
      45- How do you think you performed in your first round of interview?

Hope this helps! All the best !

-Waiting for the result