Cerner

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.6

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

Received an email a day after I applied online. Set up an interview the next week. It was very short. Not very friendly and she only asked one question at the end.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

I applied online, got call from HR with basic behavioral questions, questions about resume experience, then follow-up skype interview that was technical, lasted about an hour. Waiting to hear back, and not sure if there are more rounds to come

Interview Questions
    • Basic OOPs stuff - create a class that has info about some disease, and can be updated easily, how would you record the time of the disease report   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

I applied through Employee referral and there were 3 rounds of interview. Aptitude, Technical, Technical. The technical questions were simple. You may have to revise SQL and other database concepts, sorting algo., etc, i was asked to explain and implement bubblesort algo. After the interview process if u get selected there would be Online form sent to you on your mail.

Interview Questions

Cerner has gone deep into healthcare. So career prospects are not high as other companies. They'll pay you more. I had an another offer with a better domain, but with less pay than Cerner.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2010.

My initial interview was as a result of talking to a recruiter at a job fair in college. I then went through two rounds of interviews at my school before doing a final interview at the Company's main campus in Kansas City.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you've found yourself in?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner.

aptitude, HR and technical. nothing unexpected, easy technical questions and common Hr questions.
    they ask you about the language you are good at and ask basic questions in that subject. i was also asked about previous job exp and learning from your prev job. questions from unix etc

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, easy technical questions and common Hr questions   Answer Question

Software Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Cerner.

I applied online and got invited for brief phone interview with an HR worker first. This consisted entirely of behavioral questions and points about my resume. About 1 day later, I had a more comprehensive interview with one of the Software engineers over skype. I don't particularly like doing this sort of thing over the internet, but the guy was quite nice and to the point. There were a few behavioral questions here, but mostly technical. Still waiting to hear if I get to go to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions asked are posted on glassdoor. I recommend not skimping over the behaviour questions though, as Cerner seems to value these more highly than other companies I have encountered.   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner.

This was an easy and straightforward interview. I submitted my resume and cover letter online and was asked to do a phone interview with a member of HR. After that, I had two back to back 30 min interviews with Cerner employees in similar or previously similar positions. I was offered the position 3 days later and given the opportunity to fly out and visit Kansas City and the Cerner headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Why Cerner (over other companies/places--the interviewer knew I had been through many other interviews that week)?   Answer Question

I received another offer at a similar time with a shorter, non-flexible deadline that had a higher salary and was for a position I was more interested in.

Senior Statistical Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Initial communications were positive but seemed that recruiters were spread too thin and too busy to keep up. Interview was very different than what I had done previously. You have to give specific examples of a time when you encountered a scenario - an actual story - not a 'what I would do'. Very HR oriented questions without specific skill set questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Cerner? Tell me about a time you used several resources to improve a process and what the impact of that was (lots like these).   Answer Question
    yes, I negotiated 5% higher. I wish I had gone higher because my first annual raise was only 2.4%!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

The whole interview process began with HR contacting me through Linkedin. First round was basic HR call going through my resume and my current role with the current employer. After two weeks there was a technical round. Interviewer was asking about basic behavioral questions. After a week there was on site call for final round. It was about two one hour interview by two different persons. Basic behavioral questions and asked to write a code for a specific given situation.

Interview Questions
    • Couple of questions regarding ACID properties using a real time scenario?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner.

Started with verbal test at their facility. After clearing this there will be a multiple technical rounds to check the skills and expertise depending on the experience level and position on offer.