Cerner Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.6

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions
    • What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Velocity Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Phone interview with HR. After a week technical phone interview. Pretty basic questions. Everything from Glassdoor. A month later there were 2 on site interviews 1 hour each. Again most of the questions from Glassdoor.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

I initially met with a Cerner recruiter on campus and was contacted 2 weeks later to visit their KC headquarters and participate in the Experience Cerner Day. The company put me up in a Hilton hotel in downtown KC (by power and light district) and provided us with delicious meals. The first day consists of a tour of downtown KC and dinner. The second day you do 2 interviews (30 mins a piece). These interviews are very laid back and conversational. Remember that these are behavioral based interviews, so remember your STAR responses (Situation, Task, Action, Results). Overall a very positive experience

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Tell me about a time when you were innovative.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

A mix between behavioral questions and your experience with different languages. They asked questions that ranged from "Describe a time where you had to tell someone they were doing something wrong, and how did you approach them?" to "Give me a language where you have to manage your memory and one that you don't have to manage it"

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about debugging your code if a client brought up issues with the program.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

hiring process was quit easy, they asked how to implement chess game using oops concept along with basic oops questions like polymorphism, abstraction, inheritance etc.. there were only 2 rounds 1 technical and 1 HR. all process went smoothly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in April 2012.

I was contacted quickly to start my interview process after I had submitted my resume and application.
    While setting up the interview process, I interviewed once, but had to wait about 2 months to hear back from the recruiter, who had previously stated that it would be sooner. Understandably, this is part of the process.
    Once I was notified of my offer, I was called very soon afterward to speak to my future manager and executive. After this, the process was swift, and entailed very little work on my part, apart from calling and keeping in contact with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Concerning the questions themselves, there were not any questions out of left field or any such thing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The Interview process is pretty moderate. First round is HR. Questions based on Resume such as Work Exp (if any) or Academic Projects and other some basic questions. Second Round is Technical. These both rounds are on Phone. If you clear these rounds then you get call for onsite interview. 2 one hr interviews based on behavioral and Technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I still cleared first round and got selected for Technical Round. Still awaiting that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

There were three rounds. The first round was a written test and the next two were technical face-to-face interviews. It went pretty fine. They asked questions from my areas of interest and oops concepts. Be good with the fundas.

Team Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Met with three different managers to interview with. Each had a booklet of 'give me an example of a time when you..' questions and they didn't really deviate from the booklet. Afterwards I was given a tour of their client area to see some of the equipment in situ.

Interview Questions
    The language used by the staff is full of americanisms which was off putting.

Academic Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

2 rounds over the phone , 1st round has HR , second round was behavioral questions on how you will handle different scenarios . Few design questions. Did not hear back from them for 14 days, sent them a mail later ,got a reject