Cerner Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.6

Engagement Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (London, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

4 interviews, 1 in person, 3 by Skype as I'm in Canada. The HR facilitator was very helpful and answered all my questions quickly, including salary, benefits, etc. Interviews were all very relaxed and looking more for how I interacted as a person as opposed to stock answers to their questions. The position is a relationship management one, so the questions and type of interview made sense for the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deliver poor news, how was it done and how did you manage the response from the person.   Answer Question

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied by recruiter, I was scheduled a telephone interview one week after I received an e-mail from Cerner Recruiter. The entire interview was great. Since English is not my native language, I don't think I was doing good in the first round. However, I was still invited for the second interview via HireVue. I am still preparing the second round.

Interview Questions

• First round is focus on basic HR question.
      and one tec-question: What is the different with Class and Object.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter, she inquired about all my details, followed by some basic HR questions . Then an online interview was scheduled for an hour. Waiting for the next rounds!

Interview Questions

• You have 5 things to be done. Which one do you do first?
      Create a class that has info about some disease, and can be updated easily, how you would record the time of the disease report ?
      And few other behavioral questions.

Test Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

it was average test with aptitude questions .it was okay only. next was english .after that was testing skills .all easy questions.i could answer almost all the questions. the written test was good. they asked all simple concepts

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

First was a phone interview to make sure you were a competent person, then came the in-person interviews. The took you to a room where the interviewer would come into the room and give you behavioral questions until it was time for the next interviewer to come in (3).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used technical skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me and asked for availability.
    Initial phone screening - background and some standard questions.
    Followed by onsite interview - 3 rounds.
    Mostly design based and resume based questions.
    Got offer within 2 days of onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Design based questions that you can find in glass-door.
      Questions related to projects in resume.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

This entire process was very unorganized. The phone interview was fine but when I went to their office. I opened the front door to a cleaned out front desk. I walked to the first office door to a lady that was on the phone and didn't seem to care that I was walking around looking for anyone to check in with. After five minutes, an IT guy walked by to see if I needed help. I told him the name of the contact I was to there to meet with and he said he would find her. Five minutes goes by and another lady walks by and says they can't find who you are there to meet with so I will take you upstairs. After another ten minutes, the first person I was scheduled to meet with comes in. She seemed like she just woke up from a nap and seemed uninterested in the entire interview process. She had a sheet of questions and just went down the list. After about 20 minutes, she said her time was up and that she would send in the next person. I interviewed with two other employees there and they were very interested in my background and experience. They asked great questions and I thought they did an excellent job during the interview. I asked each what the next step would be in the interview process and each said they had one more candidate next week and they would make their decision soon. After three weeks went by, I called the recruiter to see how the selection was going. He told me that they had an internal candidate they were going to interview and would let me know in a few days. Another three weeks goes by and still not a word. I contact the recruiter again to see how things were going. He said they had decided to go with the internal candidate at this time. If you have an internal candidate the whole time, why would you interview them last? Definitely wouldn't interview with this firm again.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a call from the HR and then a Skype call (HireView) with a Technical Lead where he tested my analytical skills along with a problem solving question for class Allergy

Interview Questions

• How will you go about solving a high-end problem?   2 Answers

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

There was two phone interviews with behavior questions and then two face to face interviews in Kansas City. After being hired I talked with others and we all went through the same interview process. The interview process felt like the company was more interested in trying to get warm bodies into desk chairs so they could work rather than an genuine interest in what I was capable of doing for Cerner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a standard offer. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Process took a few weeks behavior phone interview first, then a technical interview over the phone with two of the engineers and lastly an in person interview with 3 people 30-45 min with each.