Cerner

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.6

Delivery Consultant Interview

Phone interview followed by a full day of interviews at the Cerner campus in Kansas City. At the campus there were three interviews. There was also a dinner the night before the interviews.

Cerner Delivery Professional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

Applied online and got a phone interview, within 3 business days I had heard back from the company and offered an in-person interview at "Experience Cerner Day" By far the best interview process I have ever been involved in.

Interview Questions
    • No real out-of-the-blue questions, they want to get to know you not grill you   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

First round was a basic HR phone interview. Basic questions off your resume. Was told the next round would be technical and require you to answer health-related coding questions in whichever language you are most comfortable with. This was done online using HireVue, but interviewer lost connection about halfway through, didn't get to any coding questions (although tried to get me to walk through a language I was fairly weak at before losing connection a little into it) and most questions were behavioral and based off the resume. Just finished today so haven't heard back yet.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

This was for an entry-level position.

I applied online through Cerner's website and was contacted the next day by a lady from the HR department. This really impressed me. We agreed to an interview time and it lasted about 20 to 30 minutes. Since it's an entry level position, a lot of the questions had to do with details on my resume. Eg. What was your GPA?
    Other questions were also fairly easy.

During the end of my interview and after asking about four other questions, I asked the interviewer whether she had any further questions or CONCERNS regarding my qualifications. She confidently said, "No." I was quite surprised to receive a very cliche HR email from her about a week later stating otherwise.

Technical Solutions Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

I submitted an application on their career website and was contacted the next day. I had a phone screening where we went over my resume and then I was flown to Kansas City three weeks later. In Kansas City I had two 20-30 minute sit down conversations with current Cerner employees who signed up to interview candidates. The questions were all behavioral and the interviewers were both really easy to talk to. I was offered the position two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your manager/professor dramatically changed an assignment. How did you react? What did you do?   Answer Question

Software Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview process was very quick. Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, one week later had one phone interview, a week after that two more phone interviews, and after one more week I had an offer. All rounds of interviews had the same type of questions. Mostly talking about old projects you've worked on and then at the end a question about designing a class to do some kind of task.

Academy Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied through employee referral and got a reply back on same day to schedule a call for the first round. First interview was general HR interview. He went through my resume and asked questions regarding visa status, GPA, why cerner?, explain any one of the project etc.

They replied after 2 weeks to schedule a video interview with one of the technical person. Second interview was different, the interviewer first asked me questions regarding my interests and asked me to explain one of the project. I was expecting some of questions in OOPS, algorithms, data structures but he didnt asked any. Instead he asked 2 design questions which took 20 mins each. First question was -> design a class (give different methods and variables that will be used) that will provide information about the allergy of a patient. e.g. who reported the allergy(patient/doctor/relative), different symptoms of the allergy that are detected, severity, method that returns when was that allergy detected in that patient.
    Second question was _. design a class that will be used to store the information of the patients visiting to the hospital.
    Then he asked me which is your favorite data structure I said Binary tree. Then he asked me design a BST with CERNER as an input.

Interview Questions
    • design a class (give different methods and variables that will be used) that will provide information about the allergy of a patient.   Answer Question

KCIT Apprentice Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

The process too about 3 weeks from the day I had my phone interview to the day i started compass. The interviewers I had were great and made me feel comfortable during the interview. The recruiters answered any questions i had about the process.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

I applied online, got call from HR with basic behavioral questions, questions about resume experience, then follow-up skype interview that was technical, lasted about an hour. Waiting to hear back, and not sure if there are more rounds to come

Interview Questions
    • Basic OOPs stuff - create a class that has info about some disease, and can be updated easily, how would you record the time of the disease report   Answer Question

Senior Statistical Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Initial communications were positive but seemed that recruiters were spread too thin and too busy to keep up. Interview was very different than what I had done previously. You have to give specific examples of a time when you encountered a scenario - an actual story - not a 'what I would do'. Very HR oriented questions without specific skill set questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Cerner? Tell me about a time you used several resources to improve a process and what the impact of that was (lots like these).   Answer Question
    yes, I negotiated 5% higher. I wish I had gone higher because my first annual raise was only 2.4%!