Cerner

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.6

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

Received an email a day after I applied online. Set up an interview the next week. It was very short. Not very friendly and she only asked one question at the end.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

I applied online through www.cerner.com and I received an email from a senior recruiter the very next day. Via email communication, we set up my phone interview which was about a week later (based on my availability) and it only lasted about 15 minutes. Within about a week I received a phone call inviting me to "Explore Cerner day". Explore Cerner day consists of two days. The first day is a tour of the city followed by a very nice dinner at a beautiful restaurant where you are able to meet and discuss the company with current associates. The following day, we had a early morning presentation immediately followed by two separate interviewers. After the interview we had another presentation followed by lunch on campus. After lunch there were three associates who came in and we had the opportunity to have a panel discussion. About a week and a half later I received an offer letter. This was more than my requested starting salary, so I was pleased.

Wellness Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

I applied for the position online with my CV and cover letter. I had applied to the job about 10-14 days before I received a phone interview. I spoke to the HR representative and she mainly asked me about my experience, no behavioral questions. She also asked me about what I was expecting from the position and she told me I would find out this week whether or not I will move forward. I interviewed last Monday so I am hoping to hear back by Friday about whether or not I made it. If I make it to the next round I'll be sure to enlighten you further!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my training and how well suited I was for the position.   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

I applied to Cerner through their campus recruiting. A week or so after talking with them on campus and submitting my resume/application, I received an email for an initial phone screening. The phone screening consisted of the basics about Cerner, as well as a behavioral question or two that were very easy. After this, I was emailed with an offer to the Experience Cerner day. We were put up in a nice hotel and had a tour/dinner provided by Cerner. On Cerner day, I interviewed with two employees. They were two 30-minute interviews, and they were strictly behavioral/ "Do you like the KC area." It was a pleasant experience.
         After two weeks, I began to get antsy and emailed my recruiter about my interview results. Two days later, I received an offer of employment with Cerner, which I plan to accept.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to work with a group to complete a project/job on time. What was it like working with others? Did you have any obstacles to overcome?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, as the offer and relocation package were more than I expected.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Got recruiter contact at campus recruiting event. Had an initial 30 minute phone interview. When to KC for two 30 minute interviews at world headquarters.

Interviews contained a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most technical problem you've had to solve?   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions
    • What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

A mix between behavioral questions and your experience with different languages. They asked questions that ranged from "Describe a time where you had to tell someone they were doing something wrong, and how did you approach them?" to "Give me a language where you have to manage your memory and one that you don't have to manage it"

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about debugging your code if a client brought up issues with the program.   View Answer

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The interview was a two-day process. Took us on a tour of KC, then had a 3 course meal to talk with recruiters. Very informative and relaxed, but that's where the interview starts, so ask questions. The night was on us, so we went to the Power & Light District for a beer that night. Next day were the interviews. Surprisingly laid back, with 2 interviews that were 30 minutes. Got a small tour of the campus after that and ate some lunch. All in all I had a fun experience. Good company culture.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions (be able to describe the situation, what happened, and what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

So there's an initial in person/over the phone interview. This is basically a preliminary interview of sorts. This is to ask primarily behavioral based questions. Then they do two technical interviews in KC.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly function and object structure. One was create an object that tells a nurse the frequency of medicine that a patient must take.   Answer Question
    • Make an object that holds temperatures of a person and can say whether or not they have a fever.   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Basic phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Went in for 2 30 minute interviews a month after phone interview. Most questions asked in the face to face interview were questions posted on glassdoor reviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't feel emotionally supported by a team member or coworker   Answer Question
    No negotiation.