Cerner

Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.6

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The interview was a two-day process. Took us on a tour of KC, then had a 3 course meal to talk with recruiters. Very informative and relaxed, but that's where the interview starts, so ask questions. The night was on us, so we went to the Power & Light District for a beer that night. Next day were the interviews. Surprisingly laid back, with 2 interviews that were 30 minutes. Got a small tour of the campus after that and ate some lunch. All in all I had a fun experience. Good company culture.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions (be able to describe the situation, what happened, and what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

So there's an initial in person/over the phone interview. This is basically a preliminary interview of sorts. This is to ask primarily behavioral based questions. Then they do two technical interviews in KC.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly function and object structure. One was create an object that tells a nurse the frequency of medicine that a patient must take.   Answer Question
    • Make an object that holds temperatures of a person and can say whether or not they have a fever.   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Basic phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Went in for 2 30 minute interviews a month after phone interview. Most questions asked in the face to face interview were questions posted on glassdoor reviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't feel emotionally supported by a team member or coworker   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

I initially met with a Cerner recruiter on campus and was contacted 2 weeks later to visit their KC headquarters and participate in the Experience Cerner Day. The company put me up in a Hilton hotel in downtown KC (by power and light district) and provided us with delicious meals. The first day consists of a tour of downtown KC and dinner. The second day you do 2 interviews (30 mins a piece). These interviews are very laid back and conversational. Remember that these are behavioral based interviews, so remember your STAR responses (Situation, Task, Action, Results). Overall a very positive experience

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Tell me about a time when you were innovative.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The Interview process is pretty moderate. First round is HR. Questions based on Resume such as Work Exp (if any) or Academic Projects and other some basic questions. Second Round is Technical. These both rounds are on Phone. If you clear these rounds then you get call for onsite interview. 2 one hr interviews based on behavioral and Technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I still cleared first round and got selected for Technical Round. Still awaiting that.   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

Sent Cerner my resume through an online campus website. There was a preselection process. I was selected to have a phone interview with a recruiter. Phone interview went well - what do you know about cerner, why do you want to work for cerner, what are you doing at your current job, really resume based.

Was selected for a person interview with 2 recruiters. One recruiter for 30 minutes each. Very behavioral questions

Interviewed Thursday and got an offer the following Monday!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you taught someone a technical skill, name a time you thought outside the box   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Started with a phone-interview. Basic behavioral questions regarding goals and past experiences. Second interview was also by phone. Consisted of talking 1 on 1 with an engineer. Second interview had more technical questions compared to the first interview. The technical questions were pretty simple and should be information that most freshman in CS should know.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied online and was e-mailed to set up a phone interview, finished the phone interview and set up an in-person tour of the Headquarters in Kansas City and interviews to take place during visit. Still in the process of interviewing. Arrived at World Headquarters to have presentations, two 1:1 interviews, lunch, tour of the headquarters, and then send everyone on their way. As other posts have stated, recruiters state that it will be within two weeks that you'll hear of a decision from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution with little or no direction   View Answer

Velocity Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Phone interview with HR. After a week technical phone interview. Pretty basic questions. Everything from Glassdoor. A month later there were 2 on site interviews 1 hour each. Again most of the questions from Glassdoor.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Met at university and talked about goals an experience. Had follow up interview on google hangouts. It took about one week to get back to tell the status, which was a personal phone call. Other students I knew got emails.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging problem while working in a team   Answer Question