Cerner

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.6

Academy Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

Applied online at the cerner website. Got a mail from the hr asking for a phone interview the very next day. I was asked basic behavioral questions and was set up for a video interview the next week. Was called for an onsite interview which then got cancelled and i subsequently got a mail stating that all vacancies were filled.

Software Engineer Interview

Started with a phone-interview. Basic behavioral questions regarding goals and past experiences. Second interview was also by phone. Consisted of talking 1 on 1 with an engineer. Second interview had more technical questions compared to the first interview. The technical questions were pretty simple and should be information that most freshman in CS should know.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied online and was e-mailed to set up a phone interview, finished the phone interview and set up an in-person tour of the Headquarters in Kansas City and interviews to take place during visit. Still in the process of interviewing. Arrived at World Headquarters to have presentations, two 1:1 interviews, lunch, tour of the headquarters, and then send everyone on their way. As other posts have stated, recruiters state that it will be within two weeks that you'll hear of a decision from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution with little or no direction   View Answer

Velocity Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Phone interview with HR. After a week technical phone interview. Pretty basic questions. Everything from Glassdoor. A month later there were 2 on site interviews 1 hour each. Again most of the questions from Glassdoor.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Met at university and talked about goals an experience. Had follow up interview on google hangouts. It took about one week to get back to tell the status, which was a personal phone call. Other students I knew got emails.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging problem while working in a team   Answer Question

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

applied online. two phone interviews. first non technical second on video and one oops design question other than some behavioral questions. all behavioral except one oops design. patient portal oops design.

Interview Questions
    • all behavioral except one oops design. patient portal oops design.   Answer Question

Academic Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

2 rounds over the phone , 1st round has HR , second round was behavioral questions on how you will handle different scenarios . Few design questions. Did not hear back from them for 14 days, sent them a mail later ,got a reject

Velocity Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

First round was a basic HR phone interview. Basic questions off your resume and standard HR one's.
    ( Just prepare for all questions from Glass door). Immediately scheduled next round which was technical.
    Second Round technical phone. It was simple and he covered all basics, also couple of codes in Web-Ex. ( questions were from previous glass door reviews ).
    Next day got an invite for onsite interview ( which was the final round ). Nice accommodation and a city tour of Kansas ( best part ).
    Onsite had 2 rounds technical 1 hour each with Senior software developers 1:1 in nature. Questions were similar to what listed in glass door nothing unexpected or difficult.

Interview Questions
    • During my technical telephonic round i was asked to code in Web-Ex (Shared screen) which i had never heard Cerner would do. ( the question was pretty simple)   Answer Question

Got better offer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

The whole interview process began with HR contacting me through Linkedin. First round was basic HR call going through my resume and my current role with the current employer. After two weeks there was a technical round. Interviewer was asking about basic behavioral questions. After a week there was on site call for final round. It was about two one hour interview by two different persons. Basic behavioral questions and asked to write a code for a specific given situation.

Interview Questions
    • Couple of questions regarding ACID properties using a real time scenario?   Answer Question

Academy Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

The interview consisted of one round of google hangouts followed by an onsite interview. Nothing too difficult. Rather they barely had any technical questions but mostly design a class sort of questions and 'tell me a time..' sort of questions. The engineers seemed not too excited to be working there and Cerner seemed like the engineers were more like sheeps than actual people. Also, Kansas City is a dead city with nothing to do no matter how much the Cerner folks tried to sell it to me. I never heard back after my onsite interview and I never cared either cause I wouldn't have worked here anyways.