Cerner Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

It was a very laid back day. The interviews were very conversational. They wanted to talk and make sure I had decent social skills. The questions were more secondary. If you have made it to the interview process that is good. You are already pretty much hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to think outside the box   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I got a video technical interview one day after applying at a college fair. About two weeks later they asked me to come to something called experience Cerner day. They take you around the City and feed you the day before. Then you visit the Innovations campus where they give you a company overview which is followed by two more technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Create a class to determine if somebody has a temperature.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. First, a basic interview with the HR, and then 1 hour HireVue interview. Here I was asked to design an allergy class and a person demographic class. I was invited to the Experience Cerner Day, the following day. I visited two weeks later and this was a very pleasant experience. They showed us around Kansas city and took us out for dinner, which was nice. The following day I had two back to back 1 hour tech interviews. This was very easy. Nothing too difficult. Some design questions again and a lot of behavioral questions. Confidence is the key to cracking this interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design a patient temperature class 2. Design a medicine frequency class   2 Answers

Interview

I applied online through their website. Submitted a resume and cover letter. Had a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was asked about my resume, school, previous jobs. There were also a couple of general behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back from them about an in-person interview in Kansas City but I did not. Followed up twice via email and phone and never heard back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

So I applied online through Cerner's website. I sent my resume and cover letter and did not receive a response until about 2 weeks later. They asked for a phone interview which was quickly set up. This consists of basic HR questions - tell me about your current job, how did you hear about Cerner, are you interviewing anywhere else, are you legally able to work in the U.S., and where do you see yourself in 5 years. This lasted for about 15 minutes and it was over. The recruiter then asked me to send my college transcripts. 2 days later, I was asked to fly out for Experience Cerner Day which is 2 days long. The first day there's a tour of Kansas City and an overview of Cerner, then a dinner. It's all very relaxing and laid back. The next day, you get a tour of Cerner's campus and the interviews start. I had 2 back to back interviews with one interviewer. They are all behavioral/STAR questions and you just have to use the experiences you have. The interviews are to last 30 minutes but both of mine went over time. They just want to get to know you and see if you'd be a good fit. I received an offer about 3 business days after the interview (I needed an expedited answer though so I'm not sure if this is the norm) From beginning to end (applying online to receiving an offer) took a month and a few days.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

First Round with the HR. General questions about your resume and some basic HR questions. Second round was with the Solutions Architect via the HireVue. Was asked the same old Patient Allergy design question, a few simple questions about my design and a few behavioral/situation type questions. Received the invite for the Experience Cerner day, the next day and flew to Kansas city two weeks later. Experience Cerner Day was great! It was more like a trip than an interview. The agenda was the same. They haven't changed the process in years (Kansas city tour + Dinner) Next morning I had two back to back 1 hour interviews with the Solution Architect and a Senior Software Engineer. It was pretty similar to the second round, with a mix of behavioral and design questions. The design questions were different from what I saw on Glassdoor, but they were simple. Had lunch and a tour of the Innovations campus and was dropped back to the airport. Received the offer a week later. Just be confident and the jobs is yours!

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the difference between a thread and process? 2. Tell me a time where you automated a task to make your life easier.   6 Answers

Acdemic Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral and questions based on designing class diagram. First round was basic HR round like when you are graduating, tel about yourself. Second round was one to one online video interview.Based on behavioral and some class design diagram.Overall was easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and questions which are already posted in glass door   4 Answers

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

After being contacted by a recruiter I had two 1 hour interviews over webcam with engineers. About half the questions were behavioral, the other half technical. First interview went really well. Second interview went well up until the last two technical questions which I was unable to answer. I didn't make it to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• In both interviews I was given coding tasks involving OOP. For example, I was given a set of requirements/functionality and asked to create a class for an allergy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Had two rounds of telephonic interview.They asked mostly behavioral in the first round and the second round was technical where they asked me to design the allergy and the patient class.It was a nice experience

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through email by an HR recruiter from a virtual carer fair. From there, I had 4 interviews: 1 phone interview and 3 virtual interviews. I had asked if we could move up the final round interviews instead of waiting and going to the headquarters. The interview questions are technical based STAR questions which they read from a packet, so it's pretty standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Review SQL statements and how to find data in a table   Answer Question
    • Describe cloud computing and the weaknesses and strengths   Answer Question
    • Know different operating systems and advantages and disadvantages of each   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were assigned a task or project you didn't know how to do.   Answer Question