Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

It moved fairly quickly. I applied online, received an email from a recruiter within days, then had a phone interview and an in-person interview in Kansas City. Cerner covered my travel and hotel expenses.

They use behaviorally-based interview questions in which they want to know who was involved, what the situation was, and your actions.

Senior Security Engineer - Ethical Hacking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is well organized and smooth. My recruiter was very helpful and responded quickly to emails all the times. I applied through employee referral as one of my friend works there. After a month I got a mail from the recruiter for a phone screening. In phone screening they discuss about the roles and responsibilities of the job they are looking for. Also they discuss about the compensations and benefits. Later they scheduled an onsite interview. They fully took care of all my expenses and gave me a $50 gift card for other travel expenses. The travel and stay was really awesome even they gave me coupon for breakfast.
    On their awesome campus I got 3 rounds of interview(Sr. Architect, Sr. Manager, Director) each of 45 minutes. All the interviewers were very expressive and vast experience to share with. No out of the world questions. All the questions pointing towards your profession and experience. They love to share their experience and work culture very much. They really care about what you think about cerner and ready to make you understand what they need exactly. I came to know a lot about the internal challenges they face day to day from the discussion. So one can starts thinking while they are discussing their day-to-day challenges they might be expecting you with them in no time. Even then I didn't get an offer that means they are very professional in their way of dealing with people otherwise I could've get a hint for the same. My interview was very smooth and I really hoped for an offer from them. I followed up after a week and suddenly got a call from my recruiter about rejection. I'm still looking forward to try again as I loved the company, culture and everything so much.
    The most interesting thing I love about their campus: they used all the woods inside their campus are actually from the trees they had to cut to make the building. The innovative elevator system in their campus is awesome, if you haven't you should try at least once.
    Worst part of my interview experience where they might also can exceeds my expectations is they can give me more insight about why I have not selected for the position so that I can also understand what I am lacking.
    I think some internal profile beat me for the senior role as it would have cost them less to promote someone internally than hire & relocate someone from outside. If that is the case then also I respect their decision as a business.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me and asked for availability.
    Initial phone screening - background and some standard questions.
    Followed by onsite interview - 3 rounds.
    Mostly design based and resume based questions.
    Got offer within 2 days of onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Design based questions that you can find in glass-door.
      Questions related to projects in resume.

Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website. Submitted a resume and cover letter. Had a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was asked about my resume, school, previous jobs. There were also a couple of general behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back from them about an in-person interview in Kansas City but I did not. Followed up twice via email and phone and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How much faster is DNS considering that it uses UDP instead of TCP?
      - mergesort in details (best, average and worst case)
      - comparison between TCP and UDP (e.g. congestion and flow control)
      - graph to find the shortest path

Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Walked into Cerner. Everyone who was interviewing was standing in the entrance way. We were professionally lead into an elevator and each went into separate rooms. I had 3 interviews back to back in a 1.5 hour time frame. Everyone was so nice and personable. I felt very at ease.

Interview Questions

• A difficult decision I had to make within my work place?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application and was contacted by email 2 days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone screening I was invited to interview in person during and Experience Cerner Day. There was a presentation to about 8 of us about the position and then we each had 2 one on one 30 minute interviews. I was contacted exactly a week later. Although there was positive feed back from my interview I didn't have the skills they were looking for in this position but they set up an interview for a Professional Services Consultant position instead.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral/situational questions. Looking for specific examples with skills such as decision making   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call within two days for phone interview. It was a behavioral interview. Asked me questions about my background, experiences, status.
    Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I got a video technical interview one day after applying at a college fair. About two weeks later they asked me to come to something called experience Cerner day. They take you around the City and feed you the day before. Then you visit the Innovations campus where they give you a company overview which is followed by two more technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Create a class to determine if somebody has a temperature.   Answer Question

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. First, a basic interview with the HR, and then 1 hour HireVue interview. Here I was asked to design an allergy class and a person demographic class. I was invited to the Experience Cerner Day, the following day. I visited two weeks later and this was a very pleasant experience. They showed us around Kansas city and took us out for dinner, which was nice. The following day I had two back to back 1 hour tech interviews. This was very easy. Nothing too difficult. Some design questions again and a lot of behavioral questions. Confidence is the key to cracking this interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design a patient temperature class
      2. Design a medicine frequency class

2 Answers

Acdemic Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral and questions based on designing class diagram. First round was basic HR round like when you are graduating, tel about yourself. Second round was one to one online video interview.Based on behavioral and some class design diagram.Overall was easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and questions which are already posted in glass door   3 Answers