Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.6

Technical Solution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in March 2015.

1. Contacted by the Senior recruiter through LinkedIn
    2. Sent email from recruiter to join their System Engineer team with Cerner
    3. I then scheduled a phone interview to discuss my resume and what position I am looking for.
    4. They asked if I wanted to Software Engineer role or Technical solutions analyst role. Chose the second.
    5. Two days later, they emailed me and see if they can fly me out to Kansas city.
    6. The following Thursday got on a plane to Kansas city. Picked up by driver and taken to hotel.
    7. Hotel was astounding. Watched some tv to calm my nerves.
    8. Interview was the following morning at 9.
    9. Left hotel with driver at 8:15 and other candidates being interviewed for the same position.

10. Interview ( Interview by 2 people – 30 minutes each)
    a. STAR Questioning
    i. S –Situation: Describe the situation
    ii. T- Task: Explain the Task and what YOU did
    iii. A – Action: Describe the action and be sure to focus on you.
    iv. R- Results: What happened? How did the event end? What did you accomplish
    b. Examples
    i. What is your typical way of dealing with conflict? Give me an example
    ii. Tell me about a difficult decision you've made in the last year
    iii. Describe a specific problem you solved for your employer. How did you approach the problem? What role did others play? What was the outcome?

11. Toured the building following the interview.
    12. Had lunch and a PowerPoint presentation about the company and it benefits.
    13. After the interview taken to airport for my flight out.
    NOTE: Research behavioral questions that are usually asked in the support role. Then write the answers and review them. Try to recall projects you did and always make sure you explain what you did. If it is a team project you are always the leader.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult client or customer and how did you deal with them.   Answer Question
    Salary was non-negotiable.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner in February 2015.

Pleasant, and a very accommodating. On Thursday (Feb 26), we were taken on a tour of Kansas City, MO, followed by a dinner at the Hilton in downtown KC. Most interviewees stayed at the Sheraton, but i am a KC native so I didn't need that accommodation. On Friday, we were to be at Cerner for the interviews and Experience Cerner day. There were 2 30 minute interviews, that were relatively relatively low stress if you came prepared. In all, a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavior based (so be prepared well in advance for "describe a time when" questions).   View Answer

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in February 2015.

First had a phone interview asking to explain my resume and one behavioral question regarding what I would do in a certain situation. Was immediately invited for an interview on site for the following week. Was flown up for the onsite interview and put in a nice hotel for the night. Had a tour of the city the night before the interviews and a dinner with some current employees. The day of the interview had two back to back thirty minute interviews with current employees that asked all behavioral questions. Interviewed on a Friday heard back on a Tuesday so very fast turn around.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Behavioral questions... Tell me about a time when...?

View Answer
    No offered me 47,000

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2015.

The correct title was Software Engineer Intern, though this was not an option

The first wave came as a scout off of linkedIn where I had an initial interview over the phone with basic behavioral questions and some personal ones.

The Second was a technical interview over a skype like program with a software architect (These interviews were great the questions were straight forward no tricks or confusion and any questions I had were answered quickly).

Then the company flew me out for some interviews (Suit and tie attire) in person. These interviews were not so bad but not so good either they were very tricky.

Te first person had an absolute no want to be there and could obviously care less about my interview I even caught him playing on his phone while I was presenting on the whiteboard. The questions asked were rather cryptic and tricky with a lot of problem solving so take your time and think don't just jump face first in.

After this interview I was left alone in the room for about 30 minutes then had another interview with a question that was much more straight forward.

Shortly after these we were shown around the lunchroom given free lunch and a 50 dollar gift certificate, then back onto a bus to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • My first interview over the skype-like program was: "Design a class allergies that has severity, also a class patient with information about the person, allergy, and the person who reported the allergy"   View Answer
    • Second In person interview question: "Design a class called medicine that has the medicine ID and other stuff (word for word what I was asked) then add it to a class called person" Then I was asked the question "Your working tech support on Thanksgiving night when someone calls and says they have a problem with information what do you do?"   View Answer
    • Third Interview Question:
      "Design a class called temperature, temperatures can fluctuate per person by +-1 degree high temperatures can be a sign of a fever which can be a sign of infection. A persons fever range can also fluctuate by +-1 degree. Temperatures can also be measured in Celsius, Fahrenheit and if your serious about temperatures Kelvin as well. Design a class called temperature"

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2015.

I applied online on their website. I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a interview. A week later, I got the first interview. The first interview was basic HR questions and resume related question. She asked desired salary, work experience, visa status and gpa.
    A week later, I had a video interview with an engineer. I expected questions from glass door, but it was mainly about advanced and detailed questions about things on my resume. He then explained details of his job and his team.
    The interviewer was very nice and knowledgeable, but his microphone was not working properly, so it was really hard for me to understand his questions, and whole interview was hard because of that. Overall, it was a great experience.

Cerner Delivery Professional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

Applied online and got a phone interview, within 3 business days I had heard back from the company and offered an in-person interview at "Experience Cerner Day" By far the best interview process I have ever been involved in.

Interview Questions
    • No real out-of-the-blue questions, they want to get to know you not grill you   Answer Question

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

phone screening, technical phone interview, on site visit
    for the visit, they put you up in a nice hotel, take you on a tour of KC and then spend a day at your building getting interviewed and a tour
    they were timely in the beginning phases; however my interview in person was not a good experience. the interviewers were pretty awkward to talk to and they never officially got back to me.

Interview Questions
    • Building a diagram and writing some code for a system to tell users when to take medication   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

So there's an initial in person/over the phone interview. This is basically a preliminary interview of sorts. This is to ask primarily behavioral based questions. Then they do two technical interviews in KC.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly function and object structure. One was create an object that tells a nurse the frequency of medicine that a patient must take.   Answer Question
    • Make an object that holds temperatures of a person and can say whether or not they have a fever.   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The interview was a two-day process. Took us on a tour of KC, then had a 3 course meal to talk with recruiters. Very informative and relaxed, but that's where the interview starts, so ask questions. The night was on us, so we went to the Power & Light District for a beer that night. Next day were the interviews. Surprisingly laid back, with 2 interviews that were 30 minutes. Got a small tour of the campus after that and ate some lunch. All in all I had a fun experience. Good company culture.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions (be able to describe the situation, what happened, and what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

Sent Cerner my resume through an online campus website. There was a preselection process. I was selected to have a phone interview with a recruiter. Phone interview went well - what do you know about cerner, why do you want to work for cerner, what are you doing at your current job, really resume based.

Was selected for a person interview with 2 recruiters. One recruiter for 30 minutes each. Very behavioral questions

Interviewed Thursday and got an offer the following Monday!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you taught someone a technical skill, name a time you thought outside the box   Answer Question