Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

brief phone interview, onsite interview with facility tour, brief overvieww of company, interactive q an a with current employees, tour of kansas city. they were great about providing compensation for travel and provided a hotel stay.

Interview Questions

• how does a binary search work   1 Answer

Academy Software Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied by recruiter, I was scheduled a telephone interview two week after I received an phone call from Cerner Recruiter. The entire interview was great. There was anther interview about 20 min in phone too that was great ,I am waiting for anther one that will take one hour .

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter, she inquired about all my details, followed by some basic HR questions . Then an online interview was scheduled for an hour. Waiting for the next rounds!

Interview Questions

• The HR interview was very cool with some questions on resume, academic project, GPA and skill set we are competent in.they look for confidence.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I applied through their website and was called about 2-3 weeks later for a phone interview. The in person interview was two 1 hour interviews with managers. I was plenty qualified for the job but felt as if they were judging me on my apprerance rather than my skills and abilites. Both managers I interviewed with seemed as if they were not interested in interviewing me and didn't seem engaged. When I asked questions one interviewer (who worked in HR) said she felt like she was being interviewed. uhhh...okay...I guess it is not okay to ask questions that pertain to the position... To this day I feel as though they were extremely sexist towards me and I felt as if I was jugded for wearing a basic black suit and nice dress shirt. I guess the exectuives like women to wear short skirts so they have something "pretty" to look at. As a diverse company, I wasn't expecting to be discriminated againt for being a professional, polished working women with plenty of experience and education. Shame on you, Cerner. They called the next day with no offer. Shocker. NOT!

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the website. A recruiter contacted me via email on the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of some situational questions and a lot of applying prior experience to this job. At the end of the interview, the recruiter informed me that they were going to send me some information regarding "Experience Cerner Day." Upon reading the information and filling out some more questions, I selected an Experience Cerner Day (which is always on a Fridays). They flew me out to KC on a Thursday afternoon and have you stay in a hotel in downtown. The next day another recruiter comes on a bus to pick up all of the applicants in the hotel lobby, and they give you a small tour of KC. The final step is when they take you to Cerner World Headquarters in North Kansas City where they give an overview of the position, then you go through 2 interviews back to back that last 30 minutes apiece with 2 different Cerner associates. After the interview they have about a 30 minute Q&A with 2 associates who have gone through this process and worked for Cerner for at least a year. This part was informal and doesn't necessarily count against you in the process if you don't have any questions, but there was some valuable information exchanged during this time. After that they take you back to the airport if you flew in, or they take you back to your car at the hotel if you drove there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation at work / school when the outcome didn't come out as planned.   1 Answer

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

First got a phone call from HR, which were check-box type questions like what is your OPT status, Salary expectations etc. Focus was on my resume and projects that I am proud of. Asked for an availability for an interview via Hirevue. This interview was basically questions from glassdoor with some questions on the resume. Asked me which was my strongest programming language (Java) and started questioning me on the same.

Interview Questions

• What is static, final and difference between both?   Answer Question
    • Implement a class for patients visiting the hospital. Use a list for the fist name and last name. Address, telno also lists as they can be more than one.   Answer Question
    • Implement a class Allergy where there would be a reporter, symptoms and severity of each symptom (make a list for this as the symptoms can be added or deleted)   Answer Question
    • Use BST with CERNER as input. (Just diagram)   Answer Question

BI - ETL Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and within a week HR Contacted me on email for phone interview request. HR interview was pay related and relocation etc.., and then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview(Hotel expenses and 50$ gift card were provided). A team of three people interviewed me 3 hours each individually, taking notes one after another. The Interview had more behavioral questions and very less technical.The team which interviewed me is awesome and they are happy to share the work they do at Cerner. I really liked the conversation with them. Pretty laid back interview. I thought I did ok. I was told they would let me know in 2 weeks time. I did not get the job which is fine but I did not like the HR approach in conveying information about the job. They would not answer phones nor reply to most of your emails.I had to follow up regularly week after week only to know I did not get the job after a month. They could have at least sent an email about the result.

Interview Questions

• SQL questions.Mostly joins. Walk through of your previous projects. About difficult situations at your previous work. About a time you failed in your life and at work - if applicable. Something you are proud of(Work or life related).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter. Asked if I wanted to setup an interview. First one was about my background; nothing technical. The second was a little more about my background and some technical questions. During the interview though they did not have a strong wifi connection and I could not hear most of what they were saying.

Interview Questions

• Create a class for a patient. Include different ways to store their information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

For me, there were only 2 rounds.First interview was HR round, which was straightforward with some personality questions and questions on my resume and GPA, college specialization, interests, final year project and skill set interested in etc., They are looking for confidence.

Interview Questions

• The HR interview was very cool with some questions on resume, academic project, GPA and skill set we are competent in.they look for confidence. It took about a week for the final round face to face in KS.   4 Answers

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

There was two phone interviews with behavior questions and then two face to face interviews in Kansas City. After being hired I talked with others and we all went through the same interview process. The interview process felt like the company was more interested in trying to get warm bodies into desk chairs so they could work rather than an genuine interest in what I was capable of doing for Cerner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a standard offer. It was a take it or leave it offer.