Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Acdemic Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral and questions based on designing class diagram. First round was basic HR round like when you are graduating, tel about yourself. Second round was one to one online video interview.Based on behavioral and some class design diagram.Overall was easy.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and questions which are already posted in glass door   3 Answers

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

First Round with the HR. General questions about your resume and some basic HR questions.

Second round was with the Solutions Architect via the HireVue. Was asked the same old Patient Allergy design question, a few simple questions about my design and a few behavioral/situation type questions. Received the invite for the Experience Cerner day, the next day and flew to Kansas city two weeks later.

Experience Cerner Day was great! It was more like a trip than an interview. The agenda was the same. They haven't changed the process in years (Kansas city tour + Dinner) Next morning I had two back to back 1 hour interviews with the Solution Architect and a Senior Software Engineer. It was pretty similar to the second round, with a mix of behavioral and design questions. The design questions were different from what I saw on Glassdoor, but they were simple. Had lunch and a tour of the Innovations campus and was dropped back to the airport.

Received the offer a week later. Just be confident and the jobs is yours!

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the difference between a thread and process?
      2. Tell me a time where you automated a task to make your life easier.

5 Answers

Technical Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Phone interview asking standard HR questions. Went to Cerner's campus to interview same week. Asked standard STAR questions and giving examples about time you had to do it.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Face to face conversation, everyone was very personable. Described job responsibilities at high level. Reviewed qualifications and why you'd be a good fit for the role being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• STAR Format
      Tell me about a time when type questions.

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Had two rounds of telephonic interview.They asked mostly behavioral in the first round and the second round was technical where they asked me to design the allergy and the patient class.It was a nice experience

Senior Program Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Usually there are three interviews in one setting. They ask behavioral based questions, which they ask you to give specific examples of a problem, action, and the result. They have a very nice campus, good setting. Everyone was kind and honest about the company. Overall a very good process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult person to achieve a goal. What did you do to achieve your goal?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

I was contacted by a Senior level HR recruiter. This individual was very friendly and professional. I was shortly moved onto a phone interview and then in person interview. My hotel was paid for by the company and my travel expenses reimbursed.

The phone interview was mostly about basic review and verification of your resume. This also involved rating your own skills on a scale.

The in person interview consisted of three individuals. Each will ask you the general stars questions and technical questions. They also explained what their teams/positions did and what the company does.

Technical Solution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Contacted by the Senior recruiter through LinkedIn
    2. Sent email from recruiter to join their System Engineer team with Cerner
    3. I then scheduled a phone interview to discuss my resume and what position I am looking for.
    4. They asked if I wanted to Software Engineer role or Technical solutions analyst role. Chose the second.
    5. Two days later, they emailed me and see if they can fly me out to Kansas city.
    6. The following Thursday got on a plane to Kansas city. Picked up by driver and taken to hotel.
    7. Hotel was astounding. Watched some tv to calm my nerves.
    8. Interview was the following morning at 9.
    9. Left hotel with driver at 8:15 and other candidates being interviewed for the same position.

10. Interview ( Interview by 2 people – 30 minutes each)
    a. STAR Questioning
    i. S –Situation: Describe the situation
    ii. T- Task: Explain the Task and what YOU did
    iii. A – Action: Describe the action and be sure to focus on you.
    iv. R- Results: What happened? How did the event end? What did you accomplish
    b. Examples
    i. What is your typical way of dealing with conflict? Give me an example
    ii. Tell me about a difficult decision you've made in the last year
    iii. Describe a specific problem you solved for your employer. How did you approach the problem? What role did others play? What was the outcome?

11. Toured the building following the interview.
    12. Had lunch and a PowerPoint presentation about the company and it benefits.
    13. After the interview taken to airport for my flight out.
    NOTE: Research behavioral questions that are usually asked in the support role. Then write the answers and review them. Try to recall projects you did and always make sure you explain what you did. If it is a team project you are always the leader.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult client or customer and how did you deal with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me and ask basic resume related things and asked when I would be available for on site interview and I chose a week after. They paid everything including air fare, motel stay and my ground transposition. The interview process was really good. No pressure and all the interviewers were experienced(I was interviewed by 3 persons, each lasted for an hour). All the questions you will find here, nothing new. They put lot of weighted on behavioral questions(as per my experience at least). They contacted within 2 weeks of my interview and was told that I was not selected. Over all process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• - How do u approach a bug
      - One was create an object that tells a nurse the frequency of medicine that a patient must take.
      - Make an object that holds temperatures of a person and can say whether or not they have a fever.
      - And some other which I do not recall
      - Lots of behavioral questions.

Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was very basic. It was simple background questions about my qualifications and experiences. The Experience Cerner Day (ECD) went very well. It was extremely laid back and relaxed. You have a quick overview of the company, interviews, lunch, and tour. To this day, I am still shocked I did not receive an offer. I had a 3.5+ GPA from a top ranked University in the Midwest. My interviewer even told me my interview went well. Cerner is the type of company where "It's who you know, not what you know." Overall, I was very impressed with the company, and also extremely glad I found a better opportunity for myself. From what I've been told, they work you to death.

Interview Questions

• Phone: Describe a time you had to teach someone something technical.
      ECD: Describe a time you had conflicting demands. Describe a time when you had to do something that went against the group you were working with. Describe a time when you implemented a change.

Answer Question