Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

It moved fairly quickly. I applied online, received an email from a recruiter within days, then had a phone interview and an in-person interview in Kansas City. Cerner covered my travel and hotel expenses. They use behaviorally-based interview questions in which they want to know who was involved, what the situation was, and your actions.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I did not apply for this position they found me via Linkedin, HR called me and offer to fight me out there right away, got there Sunday, interview Monday morning, 3 Interview, One with DevOPs Team, Database Dept, and the implementation department dealing with HAdoop, left Kansas City , they contacted me 2 weeks later of an offer that I refuse, they contacted me 2 days later with another offer and I did accept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate more and they added a sign in bonus.

Senior Security Engineer - Ethical Hacking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is well organized and smooth. My recruiter was very helpful and responded quickly to emails all the times. I applied through employee referral as one of my friend works there. After a month I got a mail from the recruiter for a phone screening. In phone screening they discuss about the roles and responsibilities of the job they are looking for. Also they discuss about the compensations and benefits. Later they scheduled an onsite interview. They fully took care of all my expenses and gave me a $50 gift card for other travel expenses. The travel and stay was really awesome even they gave me coupon for breakfast. On their awesome campus I got 3 rounds of interview(Sr. Architect, Sr. Manager, Director) each of 45 minutes. All the interviewers were very expressive and vast experience to share with. No out of the world questions. All the questions pointing towards your profession and experience. They love to share their experience and work culture very much. They really care about what you think about cerner and ready to make you understand what they need exactly. I came to know a lot about the internal challenges they face day to day from the discussion. So one can starts thinking while they are discussing their day-to-day challenges they might be expecting you with them in no time. Even then I didn't get an offer that means they are very professional in their way of dealing with people otherwise I could've get a hint for the same. My interview was very smooth and I really hoped for an offer from them. I followed up after a week and suddenly got a call from my recruiter about rejection. I'm still looking forward to try again as I loved the company, culture and everything so much. The most interesting thing I love about their campus: they used all the woods inside their campus are actually from the trees they had to cut to make the building. The innovative elevator system in their campus is awesome, if you haven't you should try at least once. Worst part of my interview experience where they might also can exceeds my expectations is they can give me more insight about why I have not selected for the position so that I can also understand what I am lacking. I think some internal profile beat me for the senior role as it would have cost them less to promote someone internally than hire & relocate someone from outside. If that is the case then also I respect their decision as a business.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through cerner career website, I was scheduled a telephone interview one week after I received an e-mail from Cerner Recruiter. The interview was great.The interview process was very smooth. First, a basic interview with the HR.Waiting for the second round.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website. Submitted a resume and cover letter. Had a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was asked about my resume, school, previous jobs. There were also a couple of general behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back from them about an in-person interview in Kansas City but I did not. Followed up twice via email and phone and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How much faster is DNS considering that it uses UDP instead of TCP? - mergesort in details (best, average and worst case) - comparison between TCP and UDP (e.g. congestion and flow control) - graph to find the shortest path   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call within two days for phone interview. It was a behavioral interview. Asked me questions about my background, experiences, status. Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process. We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

They were your basic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. They just wanted to get to know you and see where you career interests and goals were. It was all very easygoing and professional.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application and was contacted by email 2 days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone screening I was invited to interview in person during and Experience Cerner Day. There was a presentation to about 8 of us about the position and then we each had 2 one on one 30 minute interviews. I was contacted exactly a week later. Although there was positive feed back from my interview I didn't have the skills they were looking for in this position but they set up an interview for a Professional Services Consultant position instead.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral/situational questions. Looking for specific examples with skills such as decision making   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Walked into Cerner. Everyone who was interviewing was standing in the entrance way. We were professionally lead into an elevator and each went into separate rooms. I had 3 interviews back to back in a 1.5 hour time frame. Everyone was so nice and personable. I felt very at ease.

Interview Questions

• A difficult decision I had to make within my work place?   Answer Question

Programs Manager, Benefits and Wellness Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a typical phone interview with the recruiter. A week or two later, I was called to come in for three separate in-person interviews with three separate people from the benefits and wellness team. Not sure why all three couldn't have interviewed me at once. Since the three interviews lasted about 45 minutes each, it was an exhausting morning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time at work when you took an action that was quick and thorough.   Answer Question